Amazing Combat GoPro: Ferocious Close Quarters Ambush Filmed by Kurds (Read 5838 times)

drck1000

From Funker530. I’ll watch their videos from time to time. Mostly can’t tell that much other than the chaos of war and folks shooting at an enemy in the distance. This one was prettt “up close and personal”. One aspect of these videos is that it’s not “hollywood”.

https://www.funker530.com/gopro-close-quarters-ambush-sc1/

fishandshoot

Crazy clear footage. I guess according  to the article the lesson is: to never be physically gassed out and not situationally aware.

drck1000

Crazy clear footage. I guess according  to the article the lesson is: to never be physically gassed out and not situationally aware.
When I used to do Koko Head stairs (before I got into shooting), I was spent when I got to the top. Could barely think enough to remember to breath. Haha

dirtylickins

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
That whole situation is a confusing... Kurds and turks. We support these ones but not them over there and oh that guys are our nato allies . holy shit that whole thing is one crazy shit storm.

drck1000

That whole situation is a confusing... Kurds and turks. We support these ones but not them over there and oh that guys are our nato allies . holy shit that whole thing is one crazy shit storm.
Yeah, it was a little tough to make out what exactly was going on.  Particularly when those two Kurds flanked the two Turks that were behind that boulder.  The writeup of on the main article helped. 

I too was like "Kurds and Turks" fighting.  Apparently, they've been going at it since the late 70s.  But like many things in that region, I assumed the issue goes way back. 

Wake27

Yeah but both of those take a lot more work than most people like to admit. Plus the ambush had plenty of cover and concealment behind those boulders.

My bigger takeaway was the need for aggression. The only chance those point guys had was to rush the ambush and hope to catch one of the shooters as he was conducting a shitty reload.

drck1000

Yeah but both of those take a lot more work than most people like to admit. Plus the ambush had plenty of cover and concealment behind those boulders.

My bigger takeaway was the need for aggression. The only chance those point guys had was to rush the ambush and hope to catch one of the shooters as he was conducting a shitty reload.
When I watch hunting shows and they show the hikes that they do, I'm like  :o  :wacko: By the time I get to the spot we need to, I'd need about an hour to recover. 

A few years back, in RB1 Carbine 2, we had this course of fire where we advanced pretty much the whole way down the 200 yard range.  I was partnered with Jezza (not sure if you met him in other RB1 courses.  Sometimes Jase has him help with classes) and Jase ended up shooting with us as well.  Anyways, we shot from different barricaded positions every 30-40 yards or so.  Get to the end, do some "tasks" and then run the 200 yards back up range.  Well, this was near the end of a 2 day carbine course and I had also been through a 2 day handgun course before that.  I was gassed.  Of course, the event was timed.  As I was running back up range, I just hit the wall.  I could barely force my legs to go at a walking pace and I swear it took almost all my effort to maintain muzzle discipline.  That really opened my eyes to 1) I needed to get into better shape and 2) the impact of physical exertion. 

I was surprised at the effectiveness of that one Kurd who shot the lead Turk seemed like he was shooting his AK in the typical "terrorist style".  I was wondering if he would have hit anything if he wasn't so close. 

zippz

Not sure how many turks there were, but they shouldve been farther apart and cleared the rocks since its a likely ambush point.  Situational awareness

Though in my out of shape condition I probably wouldve done the same too.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

Damn that was some brutal 15 yard grouping (human size).  But he got the job done.

So who are we rooting for?  The Kurts or Turks?

So what we also learned was to take a break when super fatigued.  IDK if they were on a time schedule to take the hill or not.  But the captions mentioned that the point Turk was just looking at his feet (to fatigued to be aware).

dustoff003

So who are we rooting for?  The Kurts or Turks?
Kurds.

both have our support

drck1000

Re: Amazing Combat GoPro: Ferocious Close Quarters Ambush Filmed by Kurds
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 02:11:58 PM »
Kurds.

both have our support
Never thought about who I should root for, but I found myself sort of amazed that the Kurds prevailed.  That the terrain and element of surprise was what appeared to be the difference here.  Based on appearances, I assumed that the Turks were better trained and they looked better equipped.  That said, I also assumed the Kurds were fighting to defend their home turf, which can be a powerful motivator. 

How come you were cheering for the Kurds?  Please don't tell me it was like how my female friend choose, which is which uniform is the color that they like.   ;D

But seriously, damn that is some seriously brutal terrain that they were in. 

zippz

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 11:19:46 AM »
Kurds have been at war for decades fighting in Iraq, Turkey, and Syria.  They have a lot of fighting experience.  I dont think Turkey has been in any large scale engagements recently except skirmishes with Kurds and ISIS.

Kurds have terrorist groups and no one likes them.  We like them only because an enemy of our enemy is our friend..  Turkey should get kicked out if NATO for their corruption but we need their support and locatiin in the middle east.

Let them fight it out amongst themselves.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 10:58:59 PM »
Wow, tough video to watch. Some information to learn from for sure but still tough to watch.