FSA/HSA to pay for trauma kits (Read 3410 times)

zippz

FSA/HSA to pay for trauma kits
« on: June 22, 2020, 09:45:31 AM »
Ar15.com discussed using your FSA/HSA accounts to buy trauma kit supplies.  Sounds like a good idea as those things are expensive and need to be replaced periodically.  Anyone do that?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/IFAK-Blow-out-Kits-covered-by-FSA-I-can-t-tell-/5-2340988/
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 10:28:05 AM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

Re: FSA for trauma kits
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 09:50:27 AM »
If you can't afford an IFAK, at minimum buy 2 TQ's.  Cost are about $30 each.  So it's a $60 investment.  Stay away from Amazon because many fakes being sent by them.

drck1000

Re: FSA/HSA to pay for trauma kits
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 08:18:40 AM »
I haven't done FSA/HSA for a while since I never seemed to fully use them.  However, I think it would be a good idea, assuming the plans can pay for that stuff. 

I'm in the process of updating my various kits based on expiration dates, exposure (kits that I leave in the car), etc.  Some of the stuff gets pricey. 

Alternatively, maybe can start a "I have extra" thread like they are doing with the TP & handsanitizer groups on FB.  I have a lot of bandage supplies from when I was taking care of family members that have since passed away.  Stuff like tons of rolled gauze, tape, etc where I have a lot more than I could ever use.  I have given a bunch away, but still have a lot more. 

808ShooterMC

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 09:27:14 PM »
I haven't done FSA/HSA for a while since I never seemed to fully use them.  However, I think it would be a good idea, assuming the plans can pay for that stuff. 

I'm in the process of updating my various kits based on expiration dates, exposure (kits that I leave in the car), etc.  Some of the stuff gets pricey. 

Alternatively, maybe can start a "I have extra" thread like they are doing with the TP & handsanitizer groups on FB.  I have a lot of bandage supplies from when I was taking care of family members that have since passed away.  Stuff like tons of rolled gauze, tape, etc where I have a lot more than I could ever use.  I have given a bunch away, but still have a lot more.

I'd be interested in some of your rolled gauze, tape, etc. I have a blowout kit for my truck - trying to set up IFAK and/or blowout kits for my work vehicle, wife's car, range bag, and BOB. Message me.

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 08:28:56 AM »
I'd be interested in some of your rolled gauze, tape, etc. I have a blowout kit for my truck - trying to set up IFAK and/or blowout kits for my work vehicle, wife's car, range bag, and BOB. Message me.
Copy.  Let me check next time I head over to my dad's house and get back to you.  My sister has been giving stuff away as well.

g00seg00se

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 11:59:46 PM »
I’ve used my FSA for quite a few trauma and first aid kits/items.  Amazon usually has them marked as eligible for FSA/HSA.  I believe the CAREs Act of 2020 also opened up FSAs to a lot more over-the-counter items.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 01:27:10 PM »
I’ve used my FSA for quite a few trauma and first aid kits/items.  Amazon usually has them marked as eligible for FSA/HSA.  I believe the CAREs Act of 2020 also opened up FSAs to a lot more over-the-counter items.

Yep.  FSA covers all kinds of healthcare items not directly related to prescriptions or doctor visits:

https://fsastore.com/First-Aid-C17.aspx
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall