Alec Baldwin shoots and kills someone (Read 20911 times)

hvybarrels

Re: Alec Baldwin shoots and kills someone
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2021, 08:05:45 AM »
The Market Ticker wants Baldwin arrested for negligent homicide.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=243997

Apparently the incident happened between takes. Why was Baldwin aiming at the cinematographer and squeezing off a shot? Was there some kind of beef going on during what seemed like a particularly frustrating day? Was he joking around?

Studios should have everyone who handles a firearm do at minimum a quick NRA style safety class.

They love guns in their movies but hate the people who could save them from themselves.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2021, 10:00:40 AM »
Ties to clinton? Hmmm.....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

macsak

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2021, 10:37:52 AM »
wasn't a prop gun

aletheuo137

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2021, 08:16:20 PM »
Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

macsak

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2021, 08:24:05 PM »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2021, 08:30:19 PM »
It's Hollywood.

You don't have to be a real armorer.  You just have to act like one!

:geekdanc:   :popcorn:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2021, 10:15:12 PM »
Oh yeah the producers are absolutely nuts for that diversity/inclusion stuff lately, especially if they think they can get away with forcing the new hires to accept policies and conditions that a seasoned crew member would never accept.

There will definitely be a lot more to this story going forward.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Inspector

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2021, 02:52:03 AM »
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

QUIETShooter

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2021, 05:43:07 AM »
I wonder if the upper echelon directors and managers were bullying the rookie armorer.

Imagine this:  Rookie armorer doing everything they can to maintain safety protocols and here comes the set managers and directors and dismissing them every time they need to "move things along".

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

DocMercy

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2021, 06:25:40 AM »
This is incident is going to go down as PEW POO.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/warrant-baldwin-practicing-gun-052422920.html

"Joel advised they returned back to the set after lunch, although he is not sure if the firearm was checked again," the warrant states. "Joel stated they had Alec sitting in a pew in a church building setting, and he was practicing a cross draw. Joel said he was looking over the shoulder of Halayna, when he heard what sounded like a whip and then loud pop," according to the warrant, which misspelled Hutchins' first name.

Glad that Hawaii has a requirement for a six-hour safety course for potential gun owners. The same should apply to NM for anyone involved in handling a real or fake weapon on a movie set.

aletheuo137

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2021, 06:52:56 AM »
State lawmaker calls for ban on live ammunition and real guns on California movie sets

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/10/state-lawmaker-calls-for-ban-on-live-ammunition-and-real-guns-on-california-movie-sets/

A California state senator called for a ban on live ammunition on movie sets and in theatrical productions following the death Thursday of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins involving a prop gun fired by actor Alec Baldwin on a New Mexico movie set.
State Sen. Dave Cortese, D-San Jose, chair of the Senate Labor Committee, said he would introduce legislation that would ban live ammunition and firearms capable of shooting live ammunition from California movie sets and theatrical productions. With the Legislature now in recess, details of any bill are not likely to be available until January.

“There is an urgent need to address alarming work abuses and safety violations occurring on the set of theatrical productions, including unnecessary high-risk conditions such as the use of live firearms,” Cortese said in a statement.
“It is important that California establish new safety standards and best practices for all those who work in the industry and particularly in our own state,” he said. “Those working behind the scenes to entertain and bring joy to millions all over the world shouldn’t go to set worrying if they will return home safely to their family. Our entertainment industry must do a better job of ensuring safe working conditions for our hardworking crews.

drck1000

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2021, 07:30:19 AM »
State lawmaker calls for ban on live ammunition and real guns on California movie sets

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/10/state-lawmaker-calls-for-ban-on-live-ammunition-and-real-guns-on-california-movie-sets/

A California state senator called for a ban on live ammunition on movie sets and in theatrical productions following the death Thursday of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins involving a prop gun fired by actor Alec Baldwin on a New Mexico movie set.
State Sen. Dave Cortese, D-San Jose, chair of the Senate Labor Committee, said he would introduce legislation that would ban live ammunition and firearms capable of shooting live ammunition from California movie sets and theatrical productions. With the Legislature now in recess, details of any bill are not likely to be available until January.

“There is an urgent need to address alarming work abuses and safety violations occurring on the set of theatrical productions, including unnecessary high-risk conditions such as the use of live firearms,” Cortese said in a statement.
“It is important that California establish new safety standards and best practices for all those who work in the industry and particularly in our own state,” he said. “Those working behind the scenes to entertain and bring joy to millions all over the world shouldn’t go to set worrying if they will return home safely to their family. Our entertainment industry must do a better job of ensuring safe working conditions for our hardworking crews.

Great.  Never led a tragedy go to waste. . .  ::) I'm surprised our "Dr. Green" hasn't chimed in. . .

So good luck to the security folks.  Or, going to have a "magic" line where you cross, then can't have firearms.  Works so well at Thomas Square where a green stripe is supposed to designated the park and outside the park. Much different circumstances, but I think a logical person can make the connection. 

ren

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2021, 07:34:18 AM »

didn't this occur in New Mexico?
Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2021, 07:34:57 AM »
instead of mocking and attacking the NRA, Hollywood could have benefited from an NRA instructor :grrr:
Deeds Not Words

Inspector

aieahound

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2021, 11:36:16 AM »
As Producer.
Not as shooter.
That’s the first report I’ve read says he acknowledged being handed a hot gun. All other reports say assistant director called cold gun when he handed him the weapon.
In my opinion.

drck1000

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2021, 11:41:52 AM »
As Producer.
Not as shooter.
That’s the first report I’ve read says he acknowledged being handed a hot gun. All other reports say assistant director called cold gun when he handed him the weapon.
In my opinion.
Rules of firearm safety?

Should make him do community service. . . [\sarcasm]

Inspector

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2021, 11:44:25 AM »
Rules of firearm safety?

Should make him do community service. . . [\sarcasm]
Should make him teach gun safety for the NRA.  :rofl:

Heavies

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2021, 11:51:15 AM »
All guns are loaded….  Never point a gun at anything you are not willing to destroy…. Always be sure of your target, and what lies behind….

changemyoil66

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2021, 12:06:28 PM »
All guns are loaded….  Never point a gun at anything you are not willing to destroy…. Always be sure of your target, and what lies behind….

I would make the exception for films. Often guns are pointed at the camera to get the desired effect.  And I don't expect actors to understand safety rules. They do as their told. 

Enter Karen Hill scene in Good Fellas, but empty.  And everyone makes fun of that guy from The Walking Dead with the revolver pointed at the ground, until now.