Official Hawaii CCW Thread (Read 35213 times)

oldfart

Re: Official Hawaii CCW Thread
« Reply #300 on: May 12, 2024, 06:03:16 PM »
I got a reminder for CCW renewal in the mail yesterday.  Reminder within the 90 day window, directions to renew, etc. . . very helpful. . .

. . . from Arizona department of (whoever administers their CCW)

I also need to renew my Utah.  That seems quite easy as well. . .
I got a reminder letter yesterday. 
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

« Reply #301 on: May 12, 2024, 07:34:22 PM »
They staple the LTC payment receipt with serial #'s to the letter just above serial #'s on the letter and probably make a copy.
I was given my payment receipt when i submitted my app. It showed paid $150.

Upon getting my ccw, i was also given a receipt with a diff serial # that just said "paid" on it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #302 on: May 29, 2024, 06:26:51 PM »
Mrs.cmo got her approval letter after 96 days.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

oldfart

« Reply #303 on: May 30, 2024, 12:52:21 PM »
Renewed my Utah via online. The hardest part was getting a nice passport pic.
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

« Reply #304 on: July 05, 2024, 09:38:15 AM »
Did my CCW application this past and I have to say went pretty smoothly.  Some hiccups, but mostly based on a$$umptions I made.

I got there early and didn't have to wait long.  Seems like new (new to me) staffing has two officers at the windows doing PTA, and two other staff/officers doing specifically CCW.  Sure, some do both, but since the CCW process does take a bit of time, having the officers who (appear) to focus on CCW really helps.  There was a line that formed after the guy and I who got in the same time did both PTA and CCW, but long story short is the line went VERY quickly, where the line of at least 6 behind us was gone by the time I was done.

Hightlights:
1) Forms.  If you are doing PTA and CCW, you need separate forms for each.  I has assumed the questionnaire could be used for both, but need one for each.  Not a big deal, just took a bit of time to complete a second one for the CCW packet.
2) Be sure to put N/A in all the spaces that don't apply.  I had mine filled out ok, but I did noticed others having to do so.  Again, not a big deal, but does take a bit of time.  There were a couple of spaces where the info said "if available" that I filled out. 
3) The officer(s) doing CCW will walk line be line through your application packet, I assume to verify completion and prevent hold ups from simple errors and/or missing info. 
4) If you did registration for your pistols online, they will have you sign and print the registration for the CCW package.  Again, not a big deal, but does add to the time. 

Overall, it was a smooth process.  If I had all the forms completed, I would say it would have taken maybe 10 minutes.  I probably spent more time filling out the PTA paperwork for both pistol and long gun permit renewal.  While I was there, seems like a lot of confusion on the CCW process, which the officers helped walk through folks.  At least the two that were there when I went.  Yeah, the process has lots of steps, like having specific pistols, but the process is what it is.  I was also given some advice/tips if/when adding other pistols to the CCW.  About adding, vice new process.  I'll likely go through that before too long as I have at least two pistols "in process" that I may want to CCW.

changemyoil66

« Reply #305 on: July 05, 2024, 09:51:27 AM »
Did my CCW application this past and I have to say went pretty smoothly.  Some hiccups, but mostly based on a$$umptions I made.

I got there early and didn't have to wait long.  Seems like new (new to me) staffing has two officers at the windows doing PTA, and two other staff/officers doing specifically CCW.  Sure, some do both, but since the CCW process does take a bit of time, having the officers who (appear) to focus on CCW really helps.  There was a line that formed after the guy and I who got in the same time did both PTA and CCW, but long story short is the line went VERY quickly, where the line of at least 6 behind us was gone by the time I was done.

Hightlights:
1) Forms.  If you are doing PTA and CCW, you need separate forms for each.  I has assumed the questionnaire could be used for both, but need one for each.  Not a big deal, just took a bit of time to complete a second one for the CCW packet.
2) Be sure to put N/A in all the spaces that don't apply.  I had mine filled out ok, but I did noticed others having to do so.  Again, not a big deal, but does take a bit of time.  There were a couple of spaces where the info said "if available" that I filled out. 
3) The officer(s) doing CCW will walk line be line through your application packet, I assume to verify completion and prevent hold ups from simple errors and/or missing info. 
4) If you did registration for your pistols online, they will have you sign and print the registration for the CCW package.  Again, not a big deal, but does add to the time. 

Overall, it was a smooth process.  If I had all the forms completed, I would say it would have taken maybe 10 minutes.  I probably spent more time filling out the PTA paperwork for both pistol and long gun permit renewal.  While I was there, seems like a lot of confusion on the CCW process, which the officers helped walk through folks.  At least the two that were there when I went.  Yeah, the process has lots of steps, like having specific pistols, but the process is what it is.  I was also given some advice/tips if/when adding other pistols to the CCW.  About adding, vice new process.  I'll likely go through that before too long as I have at least two pistols "in process" that I may want to CCW.

What about staggering new guns every 2 years?  This insures there's no gap.

drck1000

« Reply #306 on: July 05, 2024, 09:54:44 AM »
What about staggering new guns every 2 years?  This insures there's no gap.
You referring to the advice/tips?  The officer that was helping me mentioned something like that.  Still need to do all the same paperwork, background check, etc, which comes with new card with pistols added.  I think/believe he mentioned that primarily for the $150 fee, but I think/believe one way to "insures (sic) there's no gap". 

zippz

« Reply #307 on: July 05, 2024, 11:05:22 AM »
You referring to the advice/tips?  The officer that was helping me mentioned something like that.  Still need to do all the same paperwork, background check, etc, which comes with new card with pistols added.  I think/believe he mentioned that primarily for the $150 fee, but I think/believe one way to "insures (sic) there's no gap".

Approvals have been getting better since there's pressure on HPD to get em out.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's  gun rights organization focused on legal action, legislation, and grassroots activism.

drck1000

« Reply #308 on: July 16, 2024, 12:50:02 PM »
Received my Utah renewal in the mail yesteray.  Almost a month after completing online renewal process and submitting payment.  So efficient.

drck1000

« Reply #309 on: July 18, 2024, 01:42:53 PM »
Notified via email of AZ renewal this morning.  So slightly behind Utah process, where I submitted renewal same time.  So still pretty good and efficient. 

PTA pick up for 2 pistols I applied for when submitting CCW for HNL is tomorrow, so. . .  8)

changemyoil66

« Reply #310 on: July 18, 2024, 03:27:47 PM »
Notified via email of AZ renewal this morning.  So slightly behind Utah process, where I submitted renewal same time.  So still pretty good and efficient. 

PTA pick up for 2 pistols I applied for when submitting CCW for HNL is tomorrow, so. . .  8)

Was it to tell u that AZ was XPing or that you submitted all the docs and the renewal is on the way?

drck1000

« Reply #311 on: July 18, 2024, 04:39:41 PM »
Was it to tell u that AZ was XPing or that you submitted all the docs and the renewal is on the way?
Renewal approved and "permit will be mailed".