Terry v. Honolulu County (Medical clearance letter) (Read 1458 times)

eyeeatingfish

Re: Terry v. Honolulu County (Medical clearance letter)
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2024, 11:16:47 PM »
Has the city ever been sued in a way like you're wondering about since they began requiring clearance letters?

What if said symptoms came back 2 days after the letter was written?  Sounds like a daily clearance letter would be needed, so you know the city doesn't get sued.

No idea. It just seems the city is afraid of getting sued all the time.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2024, 11:53:58 PM »

Nope.  Wrong again.

They have excellent lawyers to defend them, according to the governor, which I'm sure includes the city as well since the statutes you're talking about are state law.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2024, 05:30:43 AM »
i've documented it in the past
the mayor told me face to face "i'll see you in court"
doesn't seem afraid of getting sued all the time...

QUIETShooter

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2024, 07:35:42 AM »
i've documented it in the past
the mayor told me face to face "i'll see you in court"
doesn't seem afraid of getting sued all the time...

Rick da .....(never mind) is not afraid of getting sued.  Not his money.  It's ours he's using.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2024, 07:37:45 AM »
SWOOOOOOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH of the year.

Deserves a trophy.

zippz

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2024, 08:09:23 AM »
The city knows they screwed up.  There will likely be changes in how this goes forward.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's  gun rights organization focused on legal action, legislation, and grassroots activism.

ren

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2024, 08:20:47 AM »
Rick da .....(never mind) is not afraid of getting sued.  Not his money.  It's ours he's using.

We have anti2a Rick Blangiardi for another term per default

https://www.hawaiifreepress.com/Articles-Daily-News/ID/41141/Letters-to-the-Editor-June-2024
Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2024, 11:15:41 AM »
Wrong.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2024, 11:59:58 PM »
Wrong.

Not wrong, there are many times the city does things because they are afraid of liability. Remember when they destroyed all those old Smith and Wesson pistols instead of selling them to recoup the costs? They didn't want to get sued if one ended up being used as a murder weapon

zippz

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2024, 06:26:32 AM »
Not wrong, there are many times the city does things because they are afraid of liability. Remember when they destroyed all those old Smith and Wesson pistols instead of selling them to recoup the costs? They didn't want to get sued if one ended up being used as a murder weapon

That's a little different.  Civil rights cases are awarded something like $25k to $250k in attorneys fees.  A person harmed by one of those guns would ask for $1mil to $10 mil in damages.  Quite a big difference.

And Ballard Kealoha was antigun which is why he destroyed them. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 07:15:13 AM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's  gun rights organization focused on legal action, legislation, and grassroots activism.

changemyoil66

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2024, 09:11:03 AM »
1 reason hpd switched to glock is cause replacement parts were getting harder to obtain. The gun is obsolete and heavy.

So to resell not only takes reaources to do, but a very limited market and at firesale prices. Easier to "destroy" the guns.

#whataboutism. Goalpost moving.

If the city was afraid, they would work with hifico b4 passing any laws. "Hey, if we pass this, u gonna sue us?"

zippz

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2024, 09:18:54 AM »
Selling the guns wouldn't have been hard.  Throw it in a crate and sell it to buds guns for $150 each.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2024, 09:25:04 AM »
It would have been a frugal choice to resell the firearms to recoup money from taxpayers. ::)  But of course when it's not your money........ ::)

I'm not versed in legalese but once you sell the firearms, you are no longer the owner of them.  So why would HPD fear being sued in the future?  The one(s) who bought them are the new owners. 

So sue them.

To me that's bullshiite.

zippz

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2024, 09:40:03 AM »
It would have been a frugal choice to resell the firearms to recoup money from taxpayers. ::)  But of course when it's not your money........ ::)

I'm not versed in legalese but once you sell the firearms, you are no longer the owner of them.  So why would HPD fear being sued in the future?  The one(s) who bought them are the new owners. 

So sue them.

To me that's bullshiite.

You can be wrong and win.  You can be right and lose.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2024, 11:01:53 PM »

So sue them.

To me that's bullshiite.

It is BS but there have been stupider lawsuits than that.

changemyoil66

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2024, 08:57:51 AM »
Selling the guns wouldn't have been hard.  Throw it in a crate and sell it to buds guns for $150 each.

Would this require HPD to have a FFL?  If yes, do they currently have one?