John Wick 2 (Read 4130 times)

hvybarrels

John Wick 2
« on: March 08, 2017, 10:58:16 PM »
Really fun movie. I liked it much better than the first one. Keanu has been training hard and it paid off in the real-time tracking shots. The fact that it wasn't perfect made it that much more entertaining, actually adding some stress to the situation that made it seem more real. Lots of transitions, all kinds of reloads, stovepipe clearing on the Benelli, and a one-handed breach check plus many more details that I probably missed with things moving so quickly. Some parts were ridiculous like the super flexible body armor tailored suits that miraculously protected him from being pounded into poi, but it's definitely worth watching in the theater with the good sound. Makes me want to sign up for another HDF class, that's for sure.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

drck1000

Re: John Wick 2
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 10:09:22 AM »
Haven't seen it yet, but want to soon.  I saw an interview with Keanu last night where I think he mentioned a number of 14-16 hour days for a single action scene. 

I enjoyed seeing videos of him in firearm competitions.  Seems like he got into it for the role as well as the enjoyment of shooting in itself. 

Jl808

John Wick 2
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »
I love John Wick 1. Definitely going to watch JW2.

John Wick is definitely > Jason Bourne
John Wick maybe = or > James Bond. Maybe... maybe not.  Doesn't quite have the track record yet.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

zippz

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 11:49:35 AM »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:54:41 AM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

GlockNewb

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 06:38:55 PM »
Watched it at the new Olino theater in Kapolei. Me and the missus approve! Keanu went serious gunfighter for that movie.

The Keanu-Common fight was hilarious.
"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

stangzilla

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 03:36:51 PM »
and he drives a Mustang!  :shaka:

suka

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 08:57:33 PM »
Its free and i still didn't watch it. 

suka