Comey Memo (Read 14692 times)

punaperson

Re: Comey Memo
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 01:29:03 PM »
Special Prosecutor Mueller will be seeking docs and testimony from all involved...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/doj-appoints-special-counsel-in-wake-of-comey-developments/

rklapp

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2017, 04:14:44 PM »
That was extremely difficult for me to watch bloviating ideologue "morning joe" ramble on with a half-truths-and-lies-of-omission-filled two-minutes-long "question", which amounted to "When did you stop beating your wife?", only to be told by the law professor, apologetically, in completely euphemistic terms which he "knew would be unpopular", that "morning joe" was full of shit.
Looks like Mika is dictating morning joe's haircut.  :rofl:
I wonder the same thing ever since they announced they're engaged. He doesn't seem to rant as much as he used to. This was my favorite.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 05:04:04 PM »
Comey testified to Congress that he has NEVER experienced anyone telling the FBI to stop investigating anything.

This was on May 3rd. 

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4670144/fbi-director-comey-denies-trump-admin-obstruction-investigations
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

rklapp

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2017, 10:54:23 PM »
Maybe he lied to the Senator. It's happened before.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2017, 10:58:38 PM »
Maybe he lied to the Senator. It's happened before.

Was he lying then, or is he lying now?
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

London808

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2017, 11:04:42 PM »
SHOW ME THE MEMO
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

rklapp

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 11:54:38 PM »
SHOW ME THE MEMO
Isn't that what the Dems are planning to subpoena tomorrowish?

Inspector

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 02:14:12 PM »
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2017, 05:20:45 PM »
Well, I think above all that the memo needs to be verified.

It is possible that someone pissed off at Comey's firing is getting their own revenge by making this up but I find it more likely that someone with access released an actual memo Comey had made. It is possible that Comey released it out of spite hoping that congress will subpoena him to testify where he could bring out everything relevant. To date Comey seems to be one to avoid politics. I think he genuinely tries to do the right thing instead of gaining political favor.

I can certainly see why Comey might have held onto it instead of releasing it. Trump's comment may've been too vague to be amount to a criminal violation for example. Coming forth with a vague comment would be seen as political and might get him fired. If the comment was clearly a violation of the law Comey might still have reason to hold onto it pending further developments. The fact that it wasn't addressed immediately proves nothing really.

I personally find this troubling if true. One can argue that the comment was a suggestion instead of a direction but given that Trump has power over Comey, a suggestion isn't just a normal suggestion. Imagine a similar situation but change the players. What if HPD was investigating criminal activity surrounding bids for the rail system. Now lets say the Mayor suggested that the chief of police should stop investigating because the rail is a nice project? People opposed to the rail would have a field day claiming corruption and waste don't you think?

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2017, 05:29:14 PM »
So here is another big turn of events:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/17/james-comey-committed-crime-donald-trump-obstruction-gohmert-says

That is a stretch. Comey was the head of the FBI. He is a law enforcement agent so if he witnesses a crime then it is effectively reported to a law enforcement agency. It depends on two things, does whatever Trump told him meet the elements of a crime, and what, if any, actions were taken with the knowledge? If an investigation was started then there is no violation of the law. If the elements of the crime in question were never met then no violation of the law.

The US code in question, 18 U.S. Code Section 4, says
Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

rklapp

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2017, 07:00:39 PM »
So here is another big turn of events:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/17/james-comey-committed-crime-donald-trump-obstruction-gohmert-says
Maybe but the likely punishment for this crime is that he'll lose his job as head of the FBI.

Bunker

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2017, 10:42:41 PM »
So Comey testifies on May 3rd stating nobody has ever asked him to stop an investigation for political reasons and even states if that were to ever happen, it would be a big deal (video clip below). In fact not reporting it would result in criminal charges against Comey under 18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361.

Then last Tuesday he gets fired by Trump.

Then unanimous sources (of course, is there any other these days) leak a memo, which nobody will show publicly, which supposedly Comey wrote after an earlier meeting with Trump, which would be contrary to his testimony before the Senate, that says Trump pressured him to shut down the Flynn investigation, which BTW was already closed and the FBI publicly stated so long before all of this. So we are suppose to believe Comey of all people, who in my view lost all credibility after the Clinton SNAFU, over the president. Must be nice to shit a memo after you testify and everyone takes that as something credible, and he didn't even have the balls to come forward with it himself, some unanimous source did. IMO the country is going down the shitter with stuff like this and the MSM is twisting shit every which way to make this look credible.

More of the same BS with the meeting with the Russian ambassador. Everyone is the room says nothing that wasn't already known was discussed and somehow it gets leaked, and if something that was sensitive is leaked publicly, then that is a huge issue. How does it even get leaked because the guys in the room didn't leak it...it's the deep state intel guys during all this damage. The whole leaking issue is incredible and people should be going to jail for these acts. And to top it off the MSM has people believing all of the BS they're spewing.   

punaperson

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2017, 08:52:09 AM »
Comey duck and cover. Why aren't the Dems leaking the intelligence committee denial of such a document by Comey? Or the Republicans leaking the existence of such a document? It's been 48 hours. I need another leak! (No, not take a leak.  :rofl:) It probably just said "Don't go after her. She's a good person." Nobody would take that as "interfering with an investigation", right?

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16042/shock-gop-senator-comey-did-document-hacked-hank-berrien#

GOP Senator To Comey: Did Document Hacked By Russians Say Lynch Would Protect Hillary From FBI Investigation? Comey Refuses To Answer.

The New York Times recently reported that last year the FBI discovered a document written by a Democratic operative that may have stated Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch was trying to protect Hillary Clinton from an extensive FBI investigation. The document wound up being stolen by Russian hackers.

On Wednesday, Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA), asked FBI Director James Comey about the document, and also asked him to produce it, but Comey would not confirm whether it existed.  First, Grassley posited:

The New York Times recently reported that the FBI had found a troubling email among the ones the Russians hacked from Democrat operatives. The email reportedly provided assurances that Attorney General Lynch would protect Secretary Clinton by making sure the FBI investigation “didn't go too far.” How and when did you first learn of this document, also who sent it and who received it?

The Times had reported, “The document, which has been described as both a memo and an email, was written by a Democratic operative who expressed confidence that Ms. Lynch would keep the Clinton investigation from going too far, according to several former officials familiar with the document.”

The exchange continued:

Comey: That’s not a question I can answer in this forum, Mr. Chairman, ‘cause it would call for a classified response. I have briefed leadership of the intelligence committees on that particular issue, but I can’t talk about it here.

Grassley: You can expect me to follow up with you on that point ... What steps did the FBI take to determine whether Attorney General Lynch had actually given assurances that the political fix was in, no matter what? Did the FBI interview the person who wrote the email? If not, why not?

Comey: I have to give you the same answer ... I can’t talk about that in an unclassified setting.

Grassley: Okay, then you can expect me to follow up on that. I asked the FBI to provide this email to the committee before today’s hearing. Have you done so, and will you provide it by the end of this week?

Comey: Again to react to that I have to give a classified answer and I can’t give it sitting here.

Grassley: So that means you can’t give me the email?

Comey: I’m not confirming there was an email, sir ... I can’t — the subject is classified, and in an appropriate forum, I’d be happy to brief you on it, but I can’t do it in an open hearing.

Inspector

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2017, 10:52:10 AM »
Comey duck and cover. Why aren't the Dems leaking the intelligence committee denial of such a document by Comey? Or the Republicans leaking the existence of such a document? It's been 48 hours. I need another leak! (No, not take a leak.  :rofl:) It probably just said "Don't go after her. She's a good person." Nobody would take that as "interfering with an investigation", right?

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16042/shock-gop-senator-comey-did-document-hacked-hank-berrien#

GOP Senator To Comey: Did Document Hacked By Russians Say Lynch Would Protect Hillary From FBI Investigation? Comey Refuses To Answer.

The New York Times recently reported that last year the FBI discovered a document written by a Democratic operative that may have stated Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch was trying to protect Hillary Clinton from an extensive FBI investigation. The document wound up being stolen by Russian hackers.

On Wednesday, Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA), asked FBI Director James Comey about the document, and also asked him to produce it, but Comey would not confirm whether it existed.  First, Grassley posited:

The New York Times recently reported that the FBI had found a troubling email among the ones the Russians hacked from Democrat operatives. The email reportedly provided assurances that Attorney General Lynch would protect Secretary Clinton by making sure the FBI investigation “didn't go too far.” How and when did you first learn of this document, also who sent it and who received it?

The Times had reported, “The document, which has been described as both a memo and an email, was written by a Democratic operative who expressed confidence that Ms. Lynch would keep the Clinton investigation from going too far, according to several former officials familiar with the document.”

The exchange continued:

Comey: That’s not a question I can answer in this forum, Mr. Chairman, ‘cause it would call for a classified response. I have briefed leadership of the intelligence committees on that particular issue, but I can’t talk about it here.

Grassley: You can expect me to follow up with you on that point ... What steps did the FBI take to determine whether Attorney General Lynch had actually given assurances that the political fix was in, no matter what? Did the FBI interview the person who wrote the email? If not, why not?

Comey: I have to give you the same answer ... I can’t talk about that in an unclassified setting.

Grassley: Okay, then you can expect me to follow up on that. I asked the FBI to provide this email to the committee before today’s hearing. Have you done so, and will you provide it by the end of this week?

Comey: Again to react to that I have to give a classified answer and I can’t give it sitting here.

Grassley: So that means you can’t give me the email?

Comey: I’m not confirming there was an email, sir ... I can’t — the subject is classified, and in an appropriate forum, I’d be happy to brief you on it, but I can’t do it in an open hearing.
I would be surprised if there isn't a Comey - Clinton - Obstruction Connection (or CCOC for short) here that will come out. I always felt that our federal government was seriously corrupt, but not this much.  :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

punaperson

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2017, 11:41:20 AM »
I would be surprised if there isn't a Comey - Clinton - Obstruction Connection (or CCOC for short) here that will come out. I always felt that our federal government was seriously corrupt, but not this much.  :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
Anyone who believes that Bill Clinton boarded Loretta Lynch's airplane for a private 20-30 minute conversation about their grandkids without any mention of the ongoing investigation and possible pending prosecution of Hillary Clinton is (in my personal opinion) living in fantasy land.

To this day Eric Holder has not released the documents requested by Congress regarding Fast and Furious (for which he was the first Attorney General in the history of the United States held in Contempt of Congress). Obama could have ordered him to turn the documents over. "Most transparent administration in history" my ass.

The list is nearly endless.

I'm pretty sure, based upon what I suspect is a much greater number in fact than of the publicly revealed cronyism and corruption, including criminal acts, that "doing favors" for other bureaucrats and politicians is the rule rather than the exception. "It's a big club. And you ain't in it."

whynow?

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2017, 12:14:28 PM »
Todays news make Comey sound more like the flake he apparently is.  He wore a blue suit to disguise himself with drapes and he was disgusted with a Trump hug.  Don't remember any big uproar from MSM after Obama makes a "sneaky" remark to Medvedev before the 2012 elections.   If anything, this is proof of his intent to collude with the Russians who he now despises.   Nobody can come up with a rational explanation of why Obama would PROMISE this to the Russian president. 
 If Mueller is thorough, this Russian collusion story will also head to Obama, Lynch, Holder, DOJ and State officals, Comey, Johnson, Podesta, Abedin, DNC officials and both Clintons.   As I said before hopefully this will lead to Seth Rich's assasins and the coverup by DC police.  Some of these listed are responsible for capital crimes and deserve the required punishment for such crimes.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/james-comey-friend-disgusted-trump-wh-hug-article-1.3178322
http://www.businessinsider.com/james-comey-white-house-curtains-trump-2017-5

Inspector

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2017, 12:16:27 PM »

macsak

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2017, 12:34:44 PM »
Todays news make Comey sound more like the flake he apparently is.  He wore a blue suit to disguise himself with drapes and he was disgusted with a Trump hug.  Don't remember any big uproar from MSM after Obama makes a "sneaky" remark to Medvedev before the 2012 elections.   If anything, this is proof of his intent to collude with the Russians who he now despises.   Nobody can come up with a rational explanation of why Obama would PROMISE this to the Russian president. 
 If Mueller is thorough, this Russian collusion story will also head to Obama, Lynch, Holder, DOJ and State officals, Comey, Johnson, Podesta, Abedin, DNC officials and both Clintons.   As I said before hopefully this will lead to Seth Rich's assasins and the coverup by DC police.  Some of these listed are responsible for capital crimes and deserve the required punishment for such crimes.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/james-comey-friend-disgusted-trump-wh-hug-article-1.3178322
http://www.businessinsider.com/james-comey-white-house-curtains-trump-2017-5

that's not a hug...

punaperson

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2017, 12:35:52 PM »
I'm guessing Trump's only regret is that he has allowed himself to be "managed" by people who are convinced that if he said this stuff out loud in public that it would somehow work against him (and they maybe correct), but the reality is that lots of people voted for him precisely because of his "simple language".

Of course, this being a "report" from the New York Times from an "anonymous source" it could be a total fabrication...

'A REAL NUTJOB': Trump reportedly dissed Comey to Russians

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/19/trump-told-russians-comey-is-nut-job-report-says.html

The New York Times "reported" [my quotes] that Trump called ousted FBI Director Comey “crazy” and “a real nut job” during a May meeting with Russian officials at the White House – and said firing the top cop had relieved “great pressure” on him.

Bunker

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2017, 04:11:33 PM »
All the fake BS stories being reported by the MSM is exactly what the Democrats did during the election. The liberal papers publish a fake story with unanimous sources, then it gets pushed all over the Internet by all the liberals and liberal websites, and then it gets reported on the evening MSM news. The story gets repeated over and over until it is debunked or runs its course. Then comes the next fake story and the cycle starts again. Nobody is ever held accountable, no matter how much they destroy someone and outright lie. This looks like the same playbook they are using now, with one big exception, the deep state intel people are leaking very damaging and sensitive stuff in some cases. The later is far more dangerous and raises the stakes considerably.

And then there is CNN...check out this moron...Rush brought this one up on his show today (video clips at the link):
RUSH: Chris Cuomo, who works the morning shift on CNN… Some people call him the Fredo of the Cuomo family. (interruption) You knew that, right? (interruption) You didn’t know that? (interruption) Yeah, they do. Chris Cuomo today demanded that a Republican congressman prove that there is no proof of Russian collusion. That’s right! He was talking to… Duffy. I can’t get the first name Duffy. Some congressman named Duffy. They don’t print the guy’s first name here. (interruption) Sean Duffy! Sean Duffy, Republican, Wisconsin.

Chris Cuomo demanded that Duffy prove there’s no proof of any Russian collusion. How do you do that? How do you prove that there’s no proof? That’s worse than trying to prove a negative. That’s trying to prove two negatives. And that was just recent. The one from last night, Chris Cuomo (summarized): “Pointing out the lack of evidence in the Russia investigation is sabotage.” That was yesterday’s morning show on CNN. He said, “Trump has shown clear intent to influence the Russia investigation, even after the appointment of a special counsel.”

He said, “Pointing out there isn’t any evidence of collusion is an attempt to sabotage it.” So two things from Chris Cuomo. Pointing out there’s no evidence is sabotage, and now demanding that a Republican congressman prove that there is no proof. And we’re told this ought to be the standard for all journalism? How is this guy not laughed off the set by his coworkers when he comes up with it? https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/05/19/fredo-cuomos-idiotic-questions-and-newts-great-idea/