Open Letter to President Trump by Ben Shapiro (Read 242 times)

Inspector

Open Letter to President Trump by Ben Shapiro
« on: May 18, 2017, 11:41:52 AM »
I agree with Ben Shapiro here...

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16626/open-letter-president-trump-ben-shapiro
Dave Brilliant (S)  - Proudly Serving Oahu and the Big Island
Second Amendment Friendly Real Estate Agent RS-77348
(808) 366-8714  dave@davebrilliant.com
Dave Brilliant Website - Da Kine Web Design - Kona Forum - Koko Head Shooting Complex
Kona Ka'u Realty, 75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

drck1000

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 12:11:59 PM »
You came in promising to get things done quickly and efficiently, to win and never stop winning.

This caught my eye and rang true.  I was thinking about this very thing the other day.  He's used to winning and used to winning at a "game" where he can often times make or bend rules as he sees fit, advantageous, etc.  Shapiro goes on to say this later, but his ego is the problem here.  In a way, his ego and his belief that he can win is what got him to where he is today, but he is seemingly forgoing good judgment and common sense. 

I also wonder if his coming from an almost completely non-political life that he isn't a student of politics.  The things that he's going through are very similar to things that past Presidents have gone through.  I am wondering if he had been more of a politician, that he would be more aware of mistakes past Presidents have made.  However, that he comes from a mostly non-political background is what I believe is what got him elected.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:09:26 AM by drck1000 »

rklapp

Re: Open Letter to President Trump by Ben Shapiro
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 06:46:34 PM »
Now, here’s the good news: you can fix this.
You can fix this by removing your ego from the equation. Your detractors will always believe that you’re guilty of something nefarious; your fans will always love you. But how you treat the special counsel will say something about how everyone else thinks. The appointment of Robert Mueller has removed Democratic ability to claim bias in the investigation; if you appoint a bipartisan FBI director, you’ll be able to remove their empty claims of quashing the investigation. Then, for the love of God, sit back. Sign off Twitter. Let people jabber and complain. Just keep saying over and over again that the investigation is moving forward with full speed, and you can’t wait to be exonerated.
The question is can he? I have my doubts. He's too old to learn new tricks. If he was the CEO of a major corporation, they would have fired him by now, but he's never been accountable to anyone except his father. Right now, VP Pence is sitting in a dark closet somewhere in DC waiting for his time to come with his pardon pen at the ready. Any day now...
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
Mosin Nagant 91/30 with 1x reddot
AR-15 Varmint 24" with Vortex 16x
AK-47 VEPR 23" with 9x scope
300BLK 16" upper with Vortex 6x

punaperson

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 06:30:05 AM »
Right now, VP Pence is sitting in a dark closet somewhere in DC waiting for his time to come with his pardon pen at the ready. Any day now...
Uh huh. Right. You must have a source within the White House or the FBI or the Special Counsel's office. Please tell us exactly when "any day now" is. I mean within a week (not the exact day) of the event taking place. May 20? May 30? Or are you just making shit up? Perhaps wishful thinking?

rklapp

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 08:19:38 AM »
Uh huh. Right. You must have a source within the White House or the FBI or the Special Counsel's office. Please tell us exactly when "any day now" is. I mean within a week (not the exact day) of the event taking place. May 20? May 30? Or are you just making shit up? Perhaps wishful thinking?
Being facetious. I don't think it's gonna happen while the Reps are in charge of both chambers. It didn't happen in the end with Clinton and it probably won't for Trump. All of this is a massive distraction from Trump's agenda, and he's the instigator of it all with his unsupervised tweets. I have to say that I would be much happier with President Pence rather than Trump.

Speaking of making shit up, here's what might happen. Trump will resign (for whatever reason) and Pence will be President. In 2020, Pence will narrowly get the Rep nomination from a celebrity conservative but will lose the election to a pacifist Dem. After four miserable years, the celebrity conservative will come back and win the 2024 election followed by eight productive years culminating in the long anticipated demise of the Muslim extremists in 2032. It could happen...

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:03:19 AM by rklapp »

rklapp

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 08:38:01 AM »
^
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:03:06 AM by rklapp »

punaperson

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 09:01:44 AM »
[Nixon team uses term "political witch-hunt"]
Are you implying something, or is that just a random historical reference to one of the many politicians who have used the term "witch hunt" to characterize investigations directed at them? Where's the photocopy of the "vast right wing conspiracy" articles?

Apparently the New York Times is part of that vast right wing conspiracy...

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 09:20:07 AM »
The media has had it out for Trump from before he won.  They could easily have said "let's cut him some slack because he is new to this".  But instead they choose to make stories of nothing and influence sheeple.

Do I think he's perfect, no, but he is the better of the 2 (Hillary).  The reason why I like him is because it's time for a change in America.  We keep electing the same politicians and types and nothing gets done.  So let's see how he works out.  What's dividing our nation is the people who are protesting (AntiFA) and the media.

rklapp

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 10:45:12 AM »
The media has had it out for Trump from before he won.  They could easily have said "let's cut him some slack because he is new to this".  But instead they choose to make stories of nothing and influence sheeple.
Do I think he's perfect, no, but he is the better of the 2 (Hillary).  The reason why I like him is because it's time for a change in America.  We keep electing the same politicians and types and nothing gets done.  So let's see how he works out.  What's dividing our nation is the people who are protesting (AntiFA) and the media.
I agree. Unfortunately for Trump, that's not how the Constitution was written as a governmental republic. It would be more possible to make quicker changes in a parliamentary system where the ruling party has complete control over the government until the opposition party calls for no-confidence vote and whomever wins that, becomes the ruling party. In the meantime, sit back and watch the tweets roll in.
 :popcorn:

Other than Obamacare and SCOTUS, what major regulation has Obama been able to accomplish (AFAIK)? From 2010 to 2016, the GOP were successful in shutting down the rest of the President's agenda. Remember these? I don't recall any Obama Interstate Highway systems ever built.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:57:35 AM by rklapp »

davgdavg

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 11:31:23 AM »
Well said.

If Trump could just keep his mouth shut, the difficulties would largely mitigate themselves. Instead he goes on these rants and just looks childish. Especially on Twiiter.

I for one am really ready to have a president with some dignity and class, which has been missing from the White House since George Sr left.

I guess we, the people, ultimately get what we deserve, and as is painfully obvious by now, America has become half mo-rans.