2013 National Pistol Matches (Read 5858 times)

Teichi

2013 National Pistol Matches
« on: July 07, 2013, 02:39:44 PM »
I checked in and got my competitor packet today. I met up with some of the Chinese Gun Club shooters. I checked out the CMP Store. $525 for a rack grade M1 Garand. Special Grade HR Garands are $950 and pretty.

ren

Re: 2013 National Pistol Matches
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 04:23:05 PM »
With AT on my mind, I thought I had time to think about Perry but after last week's dismal shooting and drama afterwards, I would;ve just wasted plane fare and other costs.
Good luck. Those Special grades are a great value and tempting. I wanted a 308 Garand for awhile.
Deeds Not Words

Heavies

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 09:21:24 PM »
Have fun up there. Garands sure are purdy.

Teichi

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 06:29:10 PM »
Yesterday was the "as issued M9 " Match. Today was the CMP warm up (optional match). Rain, Mud and Thunderstorms. Shopping commercial row was the main event. 9mm ammo is out. But reloading components are available.

GZire

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 09:17:14 AM »
Good luck Teichi. :thumbsup:

Teichi

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 02:19:06 PM »
The National Pistol Championships have concluded. This years champion of the National Trophy Individual is MSG Robert Mango USAR fro Hawaii. There were a number of Hawaii shooters there; Marines, Chinese Gun Club, and me the lone gunman from the Hawaii Guard.

macsak

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 02:25:33 PM »
awesome
congrats to MSG mango!

The National Pistol Championships have concluded. This years champion of the National Trophy Individual is MSG Robert Mango USAR fro Hawaii. There were a number of Hawaii shooters there; Marines, Chinese Gun Club, and me the lone gunman from the Hawaii Guard.

rob mango

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 09:46:40 PM »
Thanks!

spyd3r5rcr33p1

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 09:41:46 PM »
I realize that this is a fairly old post, but I imagine it's the best place for this question.

Purchasing firearms from commercial row, will I need to buy them and then ship them to a Hawaii FFL? Or do they do one of those "gun show" gray area sales there? I'm planning on heading to the national matches in July under ptad orders, but I believe that because they aren't permanent orders, i can't get around the normal laws.

Any guidance is appreciated.
Devil Dog, Yut Yut, Kill

mauidog

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 09:55:08 PM »
I realize that this is a fairly old post, but I imagine it's the best place for this question.

Purchasing firearms from commercial row, will I need to buy them and then ship them to a Hawaii FFL? Or do they do one of those "gun show" gray area sales there? I'm planning on heading to the national matches in July under ptad orders, but I believe that because they aren't permanent orders, i can't get around the normal laws.

Are you talking about long guns only?

Did you check this page?

http://www.odcmp.com/sales.htm
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

spyd3r5rcr33p1

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 10:25:38 PM »

I realize my question was apparently not specific enough.

If I go to commercial row and purchase a gun from any of the vendors, I.e. RRA, Les Baer, Kimber, etc., can I just give them the money and get the gun and take it back with me in my luggage, or will I need to purchase it there and then have it shipped to an FFL. Anyone with experience purchasing a firearm at the National Matches, please provide some guidance. I've already used Google and haven't been productive.
Devil Dog, Yut Yut, Kill

Teichi

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 08:29:14 AM »
Long guns can be a cash and carry deal depending on the vendor, but handguns will need to be shipped to a FFL. I recommend bringing your your Hawaii long gun permit with you. Make sure to check out the CMP Store early. I made the mistake of not buying early during the pistol matches and the shelves were bare during the rifle matches.

rooki

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 07:51:00 AM »

I realize my question was apparently not specific enough.

If I go to commercial row and purchase a gun from any of the vendors, I.e. RRA, Les Baer, Kimber, etc., can I just give them the money and get the gun and take it back with me in my luggage, or will I need to purchase it there and then have it shipped to an FFL. Anyone with experience purchasing a firearm at the National Matches, please provide some guidance. I've already used Google and haven't been productive.

Some residents (like OH) can buy & take @ point of sales (stomp…stomp)... All else need to buy on site and have it shipped to FFL.  Talk to your Team Civilian Coach, he has FFL or Mr G.  If for what ever reason you are able to transport it back with you, ensure its abides by TSA/specific airline regulations i.e. no more than 5 wpns in one hard pelican style case with dual rinky-dink TSA approved locks.  Also since your team is traveling on official government orders, have a copy of it inside the case-it WILL lighten the burden on TSA agent poking at your hardware.  Oh, make sure you DECLARE it at checkin.  Better yet call the TSA in advance to let them know you are traveling with government firearms/ammo, it might expedite your checkin process.