Are you really here for the Second Amendment, or to talk about guns? (Read 7869 times)

Darmok and Jalad @Tanagra

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:15:31 PM by Darmok and Jalad @Tanagra »
"... the right to be let alone -- the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men."
--Justice Louis D. Brandeis

macsak

survivorman

Re: Are you really here for the Second Amendment, or to talk about guns?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 11:07:57 PM »
Weekly People Pic :wacko:

Well......

Q

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 12:16:21 AM »
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:28:04 PM by Q »

Rocky

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 11:15:52 AM »
Weekly People Pic :wacko:

Well......

I believe 2a Hawaii  is mainly for discussing Second Amendment rights and  to talk about guns.
That's it's "Topic"

People pics is posted in the "Off Topic" section as it is not about "discussing Second Amendment rights and  to talk about guns".  where as  "Are you really here for the Second Amendment, or to talk about guns?" is actually on topic (discussing Second Amendment rights and  to talk about guns) and should have been posted @ General Discussion.
  :stopjack:   :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

BUD

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 03:59:48 PM »
     I believe 2a Hawaii  is mainly for discussing Second Amendment rights and  to talk about guns.
That's it's "Topic"

People pics is posted in the "Off Topic" section as it is not about "discussing Second Amendment rights and  to talk about guns".  where as  "Are you really here for the Second Amendment, or to talk about guns?" is actually on topic (discussing Second Amendment rights and  to talk about guns) and should have been posted @ General Discussion.
  :stopjack:   :rofl:

Bullseye!   :rofl:
It is what it is.

aieahound

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 11:03:41 AM »
Darms,

Based on the some of the previous post meltdowns, I agree we shouldn't be in-fighting in an impolite manner, ( personal name-calling, etc. ) although you've been pretty discourteous and statedly unapologetic in a number of your previous posts yourself.
(and no I'm not sensitive, just civilized)

However, I'm curious.
What was the purpose of posting this in the off-topic section ?

Where the description reads:
Off Topic
Want to talk about other topics? Post them here.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:11:12 AM by aieahound »

bubba808

Re: Failure to ID
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 05:40:19 PM »
This is not my topic.  Recommend you redirect your question to the OP (suka).

Mahalo!

:stopjack:
I realize youre not the OP, but you were the OP on the other thread that asked the question.   I'll post this question in that thread too... im just trying to grasp what is expected to be discussed where by moderators.  And what topics belong in which section?

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 05:42:21 PM »
"... the right to be let alone -- the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men."

bubba808

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 05:49:21 PM »
Darmok and Jalad @Tanagra - are you here for 2A or to talk about guns?  I see you post on  much more than 2A or guns.....  oddly, I understand your message... sort of however it seems if you were really interested in not supporting "in-fighting" that you could be less abrasive with your comments as well.  Just saying.

new guy

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 06:04:02 PM »
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:09:28 PM by new guy »
Your mindset is your primary weapon. - Jeff Cooper

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 06:08:44 PM »
Darmok and Jalad @Tanagra - are you here for 2A or to talk about guns?  I see you post on  much more than 2A or guns.....  oddly, I understand your message... sort of however it seems if you were really interested in not supporting "in-fighting" that you could be less abrasive with your comments as well.  Just saying.

If you don't like the way I posed this topic's title, that's not my fault.   It's not derogatory, insulting, or accusatory.  I'm merely asking a question. 

It's interesting that because it came from me, the "usual suspects" feel a need to attack it, while others actually posted reflective responses, and I appreciate that.

The in-fighting is another issue.  The mods are hopefully taking care of that.  I try to take that BS offline to PM rather than hijack threads.  I pleaded for months for the mods to step in, but all I was told was "ignore him" or "if you two can't say anything nice...".

The members who start these fights are only trolling to entertain themselves and everyone else.  So, please don't blame me if I have to defend myself in the public threads from insults and demeaning comments.  I try to take them offline, but I also don't like appearing unable to defend my position when challenged.

KK, BUD, and a few others are in my ignore list because they refuse to treat me with the same courtesy you are apparently asking of me. 

I started this thread to ask a serious question.  If you need me to explain it, PM me.

Aloha!

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 06:22:31 PM »
I realize youre not the OP, but you were the OP on the other thread that asked the question.   I'll post this question in that thread too... im just trying to grasp what is expected to be discussed where by moderators.  And what topics belong in which section?

Hey bubba808,
I moved this from the other topic into this one to keep that one clear.

Pretty much use common sense when deciding which section a topic goes into. If something you notice something that may belong in another section, message me and I can move the topic.

As for this topic, I hope we can all come together for the common goal of 2a related topics and not just bicker with one another. Discussions should be discussions and not "my way is right you %*()#&)&%" kine.

I've tried to moderate as little as possible, letting you guys sort out your differences, but that hasn't worked out recently. I will be keeping a closer eye on situations.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

bubba808

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 07:08:39 PM »
Why can't it be both, and who, exactly, is "fighting each other"?

Since pretty much everyone here owns a firearm, aren't we all pretty much "here for the Second Amendment"?

Since the Second Amendment has to do with... well... guns, doesn't it make sense that, by extension, there will be a lot of talk about guns?

I kind of think of it like this, "Come for the Second Amendment support, stay for the gun talk, the information, and the comraderie/sense of community."

:shaka:
  this is what I thought too... 

Hey bubba808,
I moved this from the other topic into this one to keep that one clear.

Pretty much use common sense when deciding which section a topic goes into. If something you notice something that may belong in another section, message me and I can move the topic.

As for this topic, I hope we can all come together for the common goal of 2a related topics and not just bicker with one another. Discussions should be discussions and not "my way is right you %*()#&)&%" kine.

I've tried to moderate as little as possible, letting you guys sort out your differences, but that hasn't worked out recently. I will be keeping a closer eye on situations.

No worries, totally understand.  Not trying to bicker, just reach an understanding. 

BUD

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 07:50:14 PM »
If you don't like the way I posed this topic's title, that's not my fault.   It's not derogatory, insulting, or accusatory.  I'm merely asking a question. 

It's interesting that because it came from me, the "usual suspects" feel a need to attack it, while others actually posted reflective responses, and I appreciate that.

The in-fighting is another issue.  The mods are hopefully taking care of that.  I try to take that BS offline to PM rather than hijack threads.  I pleaded for months for the mods to step in, but all I was told was "ignore him" or "if you two can't say anything nice...".

The members who start these fights are only trolling to entertain themselves and everyone else.  So, please don't blame me if I have to defend myself in the public threads from insults and demeaning comments.  I try to take them offline, but I also don't like appearing unable to defend my position when challenged.

KK, BUD, and a few others are in my ignore list because they refuse to treat me with the same courtesy you are apparently asking of me. 

I started this thread to ask a serious question.  If you need me to explain it, PM me.

Aloha!

So what is your answer to your question? 

It is funny that you need to mention names when no one has been derogatory, insulting or accusing.  I see some people questioning your motives.  That is it.  They can't help it if you don't like the way they stated their case. 
It is what it is.

Funtimes

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 09:47:54 PM »

Just wanted to add, we like people to say what they have to say - but also be an adult about it.  If there is something wrong, please report it and we will look at it.  If it's not reported, then we don't necessarily see it. That said, we do get reports like "this guy is an asshole" and those aren't too helpful all the time :P
Check out the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
HDF on Facebook
Defender of the Accused in Arkansas Courts
Posts are not legal advice & are my own, unless said so.

passivekinetic

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 09:34:04 AM »
Sometimes people who complain about other people's body odor are the ones who need to take a bath the most, cuz it's hard to smell your own B.O.

Anyway they wouldn't believe it if you told them they need some soap cuz they probably believe they are one of the cleanest and best smelling guys around.
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

aieahound

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 10:45:58 AM »
Sometimes people who complain about other people's body odor are the ones who need to take a bath the most, cuz it's hard to smell your own B.O.

Anyway they wouldn't believe it if you told them they need some soap cuz they probably believe they are one of the cleanest and best smelling guys around.

PassiveK, that's going in the 2A Member Classic quotes !
+1

BUD

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 11:21:47 AM »

Exactly!  :shaka:
It is what it is.

passivekinetic

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »
I kept quiet for months just to be civil, but this thread is too laughable and hypocritical for me to not say anything.

Anyway, the community has spoken.

I think the verdict is clear to many of us.

Don't dish it out and then whine about it when people treat you the exact same way (in fact, not even as badly).

I know a gentleman when I see one, and I don't see one there.
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous