New Member? Introduce yourself here! (Read 634341 times)

osteopathic1

Re: New Member? Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #1520 on: April 12, 2018, 05:55:38 AM »
Hello,

Moving to Hawaii from Arizona in July/August. Looking to bring some guns from AZ and would like direction to a thread that deals with that process.
I am a shooter since childhood and have some Tax Stamps (leaving those in AZ). I have been to the "Big Sandy" shoot and have done various shooting trainings in my life (rifle, pistol).

Mahalo.
AaronB

macsak

« Reply #1521 on: April 12, 2018, 06:15:40 AM »
Hello,

Moving to Hawaii from Arizona in July/August. Looking to bring some guns from AZ and would like direction to a thread that deals with that process.
I am a shooter since childhood and have some Tax Stamps (leaving those in AZ). I have been to the "Big Sandy" shoot and have done various shooting trainings in my life (rifle, pistol).

Mahalo.
AaronB

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=222.0
TL,DR no pistol mags greater than 10 rounds, no rifle barrel less than 16.5 in, no shotgun barrel less than 18.5 in, no NFA, go to HPD and say the magic words "out of state"

oldfart

« Reply #1522 on: April 12, 2018, 06:30:43 AM »
welcome to the forum :shaka:
What, Me Worry?

Rocknropes

« Reply #1523 on: April 15, 2018, 05:05:29 AM »
Howzit everyone, I used to live in Kalihi then moved to the mainland and will be moving back in a few months to Kailua. Been shooting for a few years now and have recently gotten into USPSA and some 2-gun competitions and I'm looking forward to doing more of it on the island.

fisherman

« Reply #1524 on: May 13, 2018, 07:51:53 AM »
Aloha everyone, Ted from Mililani here, my son in law pointed me to this awesome forum. I like all kinds of guns and knives and love hunting and fishing.  :shaka:
Ted Salmon
USAF Retired
~ Fortune favors the brave ~

oldfart

« Reply #1525 on: May 13, 2018, 07:57:13 AM »
welcome to rock and fish  :thumbsup: :shaka:
What, Me Worry?

ffl

Federal Firearm License
« Reply #1526 on: June 01, 2018, 08:48:11 PM »
Possible loop hole for FFL issue. PM me if interested in brain storming.

Kaz

« Reply #1527 on: June 08, 2018, 09:26:22 AM »
Hey! Been living on the island for about 4 years now, finally have a firearm on-island. Figured it's time to join the community!

changemyoil66

« Reply #1528 on: June 08, 2018, 09:38:48 AM »
Welcome Kaz!!!

What type of firearm shooting interest you?  Example: precision shooting, competition shooting, defensive shooting, etc...

WiLMan

« Reply #1529 on: September 03, 2018, 08:26:33 PM »
Finally made an account. Just moved back to Oahu after 3 years in Georgia. Bought all my firearms back with me and wanna get into USPSA. So if anyone wanna invite a total noob who doesn't really know what's he doing, let me know!

oldfart

« Reply #1530 on: September 03, 2018, 09:55:42 PM »
Finally made an account. Just moved back to Oahu after 3 years in Georgia. Bought all my firearms back with me and wanna get into USPSA. So if anyone wanna invite a total noob who doesn't really know what's he doing, let me know!
Welcome to the forum. Do you have any combat-style shooting experience at all?
If not, I recommend slow fire at 25 yards first. Because if you can't hit a target slow, you ain't gonna hit it fast.
Basic safe gun handling skills should be ingrained before you step out to the action bays.
If not, you gonna get yelled at.
I know that Mid Pacific Pistol League holds "ipsc101" days so after you are confident that you have your basic skills down, that's where you want to go.
What, Me Worry?

zippz

« Reply #1531 on: September 04, 2018, 09:32:44 PM »

Welcome to Hawaii.  I have done a little USPSA shooting so I can help get you trained up for it.  I plan on shooting at the November 4th shoot there and they'll have a IPSC101 class.  They just go over the rules and you get thrown into the fire right away, so I can help teach you a few things before then if you've never done this before.  But take heed of everything that Oldfart said, main thing is do it safely.  If you commit a violation, like finger on the trigger during a reload, then you get sent home for the day.

http://mppl.net/schedule2017.php
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Wake27

« Reply #1532 on: September 05, 2018, 06:27:21 AM »

There's also a 101 class on 29 SEP. If you have all the equipment and safe weapons handling skills already, you can sign up for that one since its sooner. I've only shot with them a few times but I'm signed up for squad one and will be happy to help.

JustTodd

« Reply #1533 on: September 15, 2018, 10:03:45 PM »
Hey All - I'm Todd - moved to Maui in January with the family.  Hope to meet some people in the area.

:shaka:

dogman

« Reply #1534 on: September 15, 2018, 10:32:16 PM »
Aloha Todd :shaka: Welcome!!!

oldfart

« Reply #1535 on: September 15, 2018, 10:43:11 PM »
Hey All - I'm Todd - moved to Maui in January with the family.  Hope to meet some people in the area.

:shaka:
Welcome to the forum
What, Me Worry?

pj3467

« Reply #1536 on: October 04, 2018, 09:35:16 PM »
Hi, my name is Jim. I live in town and have posted other places online regarding idiotic legislative measures designed impede our 2a rights but I’ve been a bit inactive for a lot of years & was recently liberated from a life-sucking job...I’ve been able to get back out to KHSC a few times and love the feeling of passion returning to my life!
“Those that would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Security deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
Benjamin Franklin

PJ3

oldfart

« Reply #1537 on: October 04, 2018, 10:16:11 PM »
Hi, my name is Jim. I live in town and have posted other places online regarding idiotic legislative measures designed impede our 2a rights but I’ve been a bit inactive for a lot of years & was recently liberated from a life-sucking job...I’ve been able to get back out to KHSC a few times and love the feeling of passion returning to my life!
Welcome to the forum.
I could use some liberating too
What, Me Worry?

AusTac

« Reply #1538 on: October 08, 2018, 01:44:38 PM »
Hello all,

Found your forum whilst searching for some general info, i'm a shooter from Australia, visiting your great state in november stopped in for a visit and ended up signing up

Cheers  :shaka:

BornRaised808

« Reply #1539 on: November 06, 2018, 08:51:35 AM »
Old time shooter, been shooting for over 30 years. Heard of this site but first time on here as a member.

Retired multi-generation Army, I just sit at home, travel, and collect guns mostly vintage military. Want to use this site to keep track of current Hawaii gun laws & sporting events etc, I figure you guys have the pulse on what's going on legislatively and in the shooting sports community. Also may look to buy, sell, trade on here with other trusted members.

Mahaloz to a VA employee at Tripler for the referral.