Free NARCAN (Read 3898 times)

Rocky

Re: Free NARCAN
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2024, 01:29:14 PM »
https://www.hhhrc.org/naloxone

Scroll down and there is a map of the naloxone vending machines.
Guess theirs no drug use north of Millilani and Kaneohe  :crazy:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

zippz

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2024, 05:18:37 PM »
Got my Narcan in the mail, 6 months later.  Better late than never, but I recommend getting it in person instead.  Amazon sells these for $45.

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Rocky

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2024, 08:48:29 AM »
I never got mine either.
Some tweaker probly stole it.  :wtf:
Finally received after months of ordering.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Brystont1

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2024, 04:09:48 PM »
My restaurant in Waikiki is now carrying Narcan and managers have gone through training on how to use them. During our pre service meeting when the managers informed us that we were now carrying Narcan I jokingly said “so if your gonna do drugs make sure you guys do it here” needless to say the managers were not happy with that comment  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2024, 05:58:25 PM »
My restaurant in Waikiki is now carrying Narcan and managers have gone through training on how to use them. During our pre service meeting when the managers informed us that we were now carrying Narcan I jokingly said “so if your gonna do drugs make sure you guys do it here” needless to say the managers were not happy with that comment  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Is the restaurant posting signs to let the public know, too?  Seems like the Liberal thing to do -- i.e. virtue signaling.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

AmbuBadger

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2024, 10:08:09 PM »
Two things to bear in mind when it comes to administering Narcan intra-nasally (up the nose): you cannot titrate the dose, and it can kick in pretty quick, depending on the patient. We were shown a training video which featured bodycam footage on the mainland of cops and fire responding to an OD on a bus. Narcan was administered, guy woke up agitated, refused to be searched and questioned, and eventually pulled a gun and fired wildly. One firefighter was struck & killed.

Point is this: Narcan given by IV can be given in small amounts at a time, and we can wake the patient up just enough so they'll breathe on their own. With intra-nasal Narcan, they're getting everything at once. When they wake up, they might not be expecting you to be hovering over them, and may not react well to it. If you want to carry Narcan and administer it on your own, that's up to you, and our Good Samaritan law should cover you-- just be careful. Also, it's not just druggies and bums OD'ing-- keep in mind there are kupuna out there with dementia who may have accidentally taken too much of their pain medication. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a caretaker managing their meds.

oldfart

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2024, 04:30:10 AM »
Two things to bear in mind when it comes to administering Narcan intra-nasally (up the nose): you cannot titrate the dose, and it can kick in pretty quick, depending on the patient. We were shown a training video which featured bodycam footage on the mainland of cops and fire responding to an OD on a bus. Narcan was administered, guy woke up agitated, refused to be searched and questioned, and eventually pulled a gun and fired wildly. One firefighter was struck & killed.

Point is this: Narcan given by IV can be given in small amounts at a time, and we can wake the patient up just enough so they'll breathe on their own. With intra-nasal Narcan, they're getting everything at once. When they wake up, they might not be expecting you to be hovering over them, and may not react well to it. If you want to carry Narcan and administer it on your own, that's up to you, and our Good Samaritan law should cover you-- just be careful. Also, it's not just druggies and bums OD'ing-- keep in mind there are kupuna out there with dementia who may have accidentally taken too much of their pain medication. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a caretaker managing their meds.
Thank you for this bit of wisdom.🤙
Appreciate it.
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2024, 02:29:24 PM »
Is the restaurant posting signs to let the public know, too?  Seems like the Liberal thing to do -- i.e. virtue signaling.

C&C ordinance passed that bars need to carry them. IDK about restaurants that serve booze.  The guy who introduced it is that Santos guy who also introduced the sensitive places bill and recent Glock lawsuit.

ren

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2024, 06:05:35 PM »
Why just bars? If we can answer that question we found a solution to this problem.
Why not public libraries,beaches,shopping centers, movie theatres, fast food restaurants and..churches.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2024, 06:14:38 PM »
Why just bars? If we can answer that question we found a solution to this problem.
Why not public libraries,beaches,shopping centers, movie theatres, fast food restaurants and..churches.

Recreational drug use is often done at home or in clubs.   

Not many are going to church to get high  --  at least not regular churches!!   :geekdanc:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

zippz

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2024, 06:28:49 PM »

More or less regular people get overdoses at bars.
I don't think there's a overdose problem at most of the other places.  And for places there is a problem, it's usually the homeless.  No one cares about the homeless chronics.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu