What would you do? (Read 1130 times)

ren

What would you do?
« on: April 17, 2024, 07:22:53 PM »
if this happened in Hawaii and criminals are stealing your brand new 2003 Toyota Tacoma - lifted. Hawaii doesn't have stand your ground and the news will probably say the criminals were just trying to provide for their family with your Tacoma.

https://twitter.com/YayAreaNews/status/1780740966091284819
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 08:14:21 PM »
I would come out and speak to those boys nicely and persuade them to leave.
What, Me Worry?

groveler

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 08:24:01 PM »
I live next to a gulch,
you don 't want to be in.
Steep and full of wild pigs.
No problem,
 :shaka: :wave:

QUIETShooter

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 08:26:54 PM »
Noticed what the puke said?  It's almost like HE KNOWS civilians are unarmed.  I wonder how he might have gotten that idea.......

Anyway, back to subject on hand.  What would I do?

I would heed his words.  I refuse to lose my life for a f*ckn car.

But he will. :thumbsup:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 06:19:58 PM »
What they should say is

"Dont come outside man. The CA district atty will crusify u if u defend urself or ur cars. Then if we get hurt, we or our dirt bag family will sue u. Just let us steal ur shit. Go back to sleep."

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Jaco808

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2024, 10:06:33 AM »
Going outside is perfectly legal.  If they pull a weapon,  then self defense is legal. 

stangzilla

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2024, 10:13:14 AM »
I have a foolproof security system on my Mustang that will deter any of these millennial thieves.  it's called manual transmission   :rofl:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2024, 10:19:31 AM »
Going outside is perfectly legal.  If they pull a weapon,  then self defense is legal.

Is that your professional legal opinion?

You don't even know if they had weapons.  If you're safe inside, then going outside would be stupid.

But then, most Biden voters fall into that category, so ...
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2024, 10:31:57 AM »
if you do confront and something happens to those punks the media will skewer you

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2024/04/19/maui-family-demands-answers-after-loved-one-dies-after-being-tased-by-police/
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2024, 11:51:25 AM »
I have a foolproof security system on my Mustang that will deter any of these millennial thieves.  it's called manual transmission   :rofl:

I can just imagine the WTF look on their stupid millennial faces....... :rofl:  One of them would probably say "Oh look....there's 2 brake pedals......"
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

ren

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2024, 12:13:26 PM »

Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2024, 12:29:11 PM »

And their lawyer will say that your intent was to use deadly force because u left the safety of your home with a gun to confront someone outside who's stealing your property.

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2024, 12:30:52 PM »
Is that your professional legal opinion?

You don't even know if they had weapons.  If you're safe inside, then going outside would be stupid.

But then, most Biden voters fall into that category, so ...

And if they did have weapons, is their gun going to be drawn before you're able to raise yours? Is there more people outside that you cannot see.  They will be behind cover (the cars) and you won't be, because you will be just out your front door.  Unless you have a ballistic shield. Mrs. CMO wanted one, but then I saw the cost and was like, no.

macsak

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2024, 12:32:33 PM »
Regulators!
Mount up!

if this happened in Hawaii and criminals are stealing your brand new 2003 Toyota Tacoma - lifted. Hawaii doesn't have stand your ground and the news will probably say the criminals were just trying to provide for their family with your Tacoma.

https://twitter.com/YayAreaNews/status/1780740966091284819

changemyoil66

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2024, 12:37:18 PM »
Regulators!
Mount up!

Spoken like a white guy.

It's mau-num.

ren

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2024, 12:49:35 PM »
Deeds Not Words

zippz

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2024, 12:57:28 PM »
I'd call 911 and tell at them to stop from inside and be prepared to defend the home.  Turn on the lights, talk to them, and do whatever I could to attract attention and delay them for police to respond.

Not worth getting shot over a car, or facing court battles which would cost more than the car is worth.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2024, 01:13:33 PM »
I'd call 911 and tell at them to stop from inside and be prepared to defend the home.  Turn on the lights, talk to them, and do whatever I could to attract attention and delay them for police to respond.

Not worth getting shot over a car, or facing court battles which would cost more than the car is worth.

Chances are you're close enough to the car to use the key fob.  Hit the panic button if there is one to set off the alarm.  Or, if they manage to get the car started, keep using the fob to turn it off on them.   :rofl:

If you have ON*Star, you can call and have the car disabled.  Just have ON*Star do it about 2-3 minutes after they leave so they're not close enough to can get to you.   A Lo-Jack would also be nice to have.  :geekdanc:

Every car has different ignition and alarm systems.  Plan ahead and keep the thieves busy until the Cops show up.  Make sure to tell 911 the thieves are armed and threatening your life.  Quicker response than a theft in progress.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 01:32:56 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2024, 01:30:54 PM »

pacwire

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2024, 02:46:46 PM »
I will tell them what the Hawaii Supreme Court has said that Hawaii is Different and we ALL have the Aloha Spirit Thus nothing will happen if we practice ALOHA....Was the justice smoking some...or what?  Wait weren't the leg trying to legalize GRASS?