Slow periods at the trap and skeet (Read 2643 times)

tim808

Slow periods at the trap and skeet
« on: November 24, 2019, 11:44:26 AM »
What are the slow periods at trap and skeet?  I’m thinking 8-9:30 and 1:00-4:00
Thank you
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:58:25 AM by tim808 »

mrgaf

Re: Slow periods at the trap and skeet
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 04:34:49 PM »
Yea that’s about rite....
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

tim808

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 02:50:29 PM »
Hi Gil,
Are the people in the afternoon the more casual/relaxed shooters?

I’m thinking the more serious shooters go in the morning when the wind may be a little less.

I don’t want to irritate the regulars with our squad of rookies/noobies

dv808

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 04:45:54 PM »
Everyone had to start the same way.  May wanna get there earlier in the afternoons than later as both sides may close early if slow.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

macsak

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 05:01:57 PM »
Hi Gil,

I’m thinking the more serious shooters go in the morning when the wind may be a little less.

I've found that the trap/skeet shooters are the most tolerant of noobs and willing to help anyone that is interested out of all the segments of the shooting community
well, the historic arms people/cowboy shooters are the same way too...

mrgaf

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 06:46:13 PM »
Hi Gil,

No worries.... every organization or clubs have their fair share of A-Holes but for the most part we love showing others how to shoot trap. Me thinks early afternoon, say about noon, are the best times. That’s usually when I go but there have been times when it’s been a madhouse all day long. Guarantee you won’t irritate anyone, just shoot and enjoy.... :D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Hi state

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 07:15:59 PM »
Saturday at the skeet range is usually the lease crowded of the skeet and trap days good idea to get there earlier as sometimes as said if it gets slow they might close the range. Plus Skeets more fun and the people are nicer than those snobby trap guys  >:D

macsak

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 07:30:56 PM »
Plus Skeets more fun and the people are nicer than those snobby trap guys  >:D

skeet skeet skeet

mikenkapolei

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 09:17:42 AM »
I
Saturday at the skeet range is usually the lease crowded of the skeet and trap days good idea to get there earlier as sometimes as said if it gets slow they might close the range. Plus Skeets more fun and the people are nicer than those snobby trap guys  >:D

and I used to think you were one of the cool skeet guys......... 

Tim808
The trap range is open on Sundays and the first Saturday of every month.  We'll also open on other Saturdays or holidays from time to time and it's usually not too busy on those days.
Are you a club member? If you are, you should be getting emails about special open days.  Just come out and shoot, most of the guys are very friendly and helpful.
You should try both skeet and trap and decide for yourself which you like better. 
The saying goes "Skeet is harder to learn but easy to master, trap is easy to learn but harder to master".
See you at the range!

drck1000

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 10:06:55 AM »
I thought I heard a while back that the skeet (or maybe trap) range was open on some Fridays. Is that an option these days.

Work schedule finally is allowing some breathing room.

dv808

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 10:39:55 AM »
Normally skeet is closed for the month of December.  This year they'll be doing half days for the first two weeks before closing til next year.  They're only open Saturday and Sunday.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

tim808

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2019, 06:05:33 PM »
Hey Everyone,
Thanks for all the info!

Is there a website for the skeet association/club and trap association/club where I can sign up to join?

mrgaf

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2019, 06:45:06 PM »
Hey Everyone,
Thanks for all the info!

Is there a website for the skeet association/club and trap association/club where I can sign up to join?

Tim
For trap you can join when the range is open. Just ask the RO for an application and pay the $$. Quick and easy... skeet might be the same way... I’ll be shooting there this Sunday
Gil

Hi state

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2019, 09:18:42 AM »
I
and I used to think you were one of the cool skeet guys...........
And see what happens when you start hanging on the dark side with the trap guys bad influences I tell you lol..

tim808

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2019, 04:40:59 PM »
Thanks Gil!

I would go this weekend but I had ptergium removed from an eye and it looks like the eye of Sauron.  I might scare the hobbits.  Scares me lol.

mrgaf

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 09:24:47 PM »
Thanks Gil!

I would go this weekend but I had ptergium removed from an eye and it looks like the eye of Sauron.  I might scare the hobbits.  Scares me lol.

Hope you get better soon. Lemme know when you’ll go and I’ll be there... you can laugh when you see how much I miss  :geekdanc: have a happy thanksgiving.... :wave: