Political Party Disclaimer (Read 54929 times)

zippz

Political Party Disclaimer
« on: November 09, 2016, 11:37:40 AM »
There may be some Democratic party fans that may be alienated by the news here, especially those new to this forum.  Everyone has different views on politics and it may appear that this site may be anti-democrat/liberal or democrat bashing.  This isn't the case.  Being that this is a firearms enthusiast website, we naturally promote pro-gun leaders (not just political) and despise anti-gun leaders.  It just so happens Democrats are majority anti-gun and Republicans are pro-gun.  We do support pro-gun Democrats (like my rep Sam Kong) and bash anti-gun Republicans (like Chris Christie) here.  Many also support libertarians and other parties that are pro-gun.

Food for thought.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

ren

Re: Political Party Disclaimer
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 02:19:44 PM »
 :thumbsup:
We are all here to Make America Great Again :thumbsup:
Deeds Not Words

passivekinetic

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 02:44:59 PM »
Perhaps this video can help explain the conservative viewpoint, and actually why Trump was elected.

Also covers gun control issues.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:21:48 PM by passivekinetic »
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

ren

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 03:21:07 PM »
I wish I was as keen and eloquent as Ben Shapiro.
WHat he spoke of Donald has mastered.
Here's evidence

here's the full interview he stabs back at 23:28 and Wolf doesn't even realize it
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:49:50 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

zippz

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 05:05:23 PM »
I meant this to be a neutral thread, neither for or against either party.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

passivekinetic

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 05:07:11 PM »
Agree, just posted that to give liberals the other side of the coin.

America is founded on diversity of ideas, and gives citizens RIGHTS to disagree and voice these ideas.

Nowadays, the diversity is only on the surface, and you can look and sound the way you want, as long as you agree with our consensus.
- Anonymous

zippz

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 08:59:40 PM »
Agree, just posted that to give liberals the other side of the coin.
America is founded on diversity of ideas, and gives citizens RIGHTS to disagree and voice these ideas.
Nowadays, the diversity is only on the surface, and you can look and sound the way you want, as long as you agree with our consensus.

I agree with that.  Everyone has different opinions and points of view, and we have to be respectful of those even if we do not agree with them.  If someone doesn't agree and wants to bash us, we still have to be respectful and hold high morals.

One of my friends (maybe soon to be exfriend) I've always known to be nice and sweet and she lives in San Francisco.  She saw my message on facebook announcing the election winner.  That's it.  No boasting or derogatory remarks.  She wants to unfriend me just on how I voted.  Now I'm a pretty moderate guy and I try to be neutral and respectful in a lot of discussions.  We do some facebook chatting and it's like I'm in a Piers Morgan debate like what was discussed in passivekinetic's video above.  It's like a full on terrorist interrogation and it's surreal.  I expressed my thoughts and I get assaulted with a whole bunch of different comments, almost like she was copying and pasting from an election playbook.  I said I have my own thoughts and she doesn't have to agree with them, but to at least respect them and myself.  And I do the same for her.  She doesn't agree.

It's like a dream.  If friends act like this, then how is congress supposed to work together?

On this board, we have 2a to unite us regardless of other things we may not agree on.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 09:06:23 PM by zippz »

passivekinetic

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 09:19:18 PM »
Totally that is the experience I have with most friends nowadays. It is sad that MOST people have been brainwashed (no other word for it) by the liberal media. I mean, even Facebook and Google are blatantly liberal, and CENSOR conservative information. So basically people are educated without conservative viewpoints, which now seem TOTALLY ALIEN to them.

So when you present these points to your friends, it is TOTALLY ALIEN and they have a kind of immune response, mixed with confusion, because they just can't grasp it. It is totally new, like if you talk about human rights, they might immediately think about racism, or women's rights, but no, you go back to talk about the right of self defense, the right of body integrity (i.e., no mandatory vaccines), etc. and they are confused, they have not encountered human rights being framed in these ways. Self defense has always been the role of the government to keep them safe. The government is your friend, how can you even say that I cannot 100% trust government? That would be, like, TOTALLY SCARY and I don't want to go there.

This is why Trump scares them. They are having a VISCERAL REACTION now to the DESTRUCTION OF THEIR WORLDVIEW which happened last night.

Since it's an emotional reaction, do not expect to engage them in RATIONAL DISCUSSION.

It will simply end with an emotional response which is unfriending you on FB. So, just don't go there, not worth it.

I think it will take a month or two before people calm down and accept Trump and then SOME of them will start to read up and watch videos on conservative viewpoints.
- Anonymous

punaperson

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 08:36:19 AM »
It will simply end with an emotional response which is unfriending you on FB. So, just don't go there, not worth it.
Literally don't go to "Facebook". Why would you want to contribute financial assets to assist Mark Zuckerberg's globalist agenda which includes citizen disarmament?

ren

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 08:51:13 AM »
this is the 2ahawaii safe space :thumbsup:
Deeds Not Words

Heavies

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 12:23:18 AM »
Literally don't go to "Facebook". Why would you want to contribute financial assets to assist Mark Zuckerberg's globalist agenda which includes citizen disarmament?

Problem is, everyone is on there.  So unless you want it to become a total left echo chamber, in which most shape their political and world view, one much 'dance with the devil'.  If only one sides view gets all the coverage, then our side will quickly be decimated.  It is already too close for comfort now, and if this new administration doesn't do great things, the conservative way, and our freedoms as we know it, will not last another election cycle. 

Jl808

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 12:34:11 AM »
I've not gone to Facebook in many years. Don't miss it.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

zippz

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 02:17:43 PM »
I think Facebook is a great platform for communication that we should be using more here.  One of the biggest problems we have on 2a issues is getting the word out.  We do emails, HRA newspaper articles, 2ahawaii, word of mouth which is great for getting the word out to several hundred people...maybe up to a couple of thousand on big issues.  But what method do we have to get the word out to tens or hundreds of thousands of people efficiently and quickly with two way communication?  I think conservatives tend to shy away from the community, openness, and new technology which really hurts our cause.  Liberals tend to be the opposite and I think we need to learn from them.

I'm pretty good on researching issues and planning stuff, but I know I'm terrible at communicating and being social which is needed in working together and getting people involved.

robtmc

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 05:39:43 PM »
almost like she was copying and pasting from an election playbook.

Very likely was.  I know they do on gun "control" threads, they are supplied with Handgun Control Inc. (or whoever it is these days)  literature on "How to "debate" gun nutz." 

You can easily spot the similarity of responses.  The old knee slapper was a liberal asking at a predictable point: "Oh, so you believe you should be able to own a bazooka or atomic bomb?"

Painfully obvious they were following a script.

Personally, the GOP is dead to me, after the sell outs of 2010 and 2014.  They have shown they are little different than the democrats.  Do not care that I have no "party affiliation", the 2A is my single issue 90% of the time.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 05:47:55 PM by robtmc »

drck1000

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2016, 08:41:22 AM »
Totally that is the experience I have with most friends nowadays. It is sad that MOST people have been brainwashed (no other word for it) by the liberal media. I mean, even Facebook and Google are blatantly liberal, and CENSOR conservative information. So basically people are educated without conservative viewpoints, which now seem TOTALLY ALIEN to them.

So when you present these points to your friends, it is TOTALLY ALIEN and they have a kind of immune response, mixed with confusion, because they just can't grasp it. It is totally new, like if you talk about human rights, they might immediately think about racism, or women's rights, but no, you go back to talk about the right of self defense, the right of body integrity (i.e., no mandatory vaccines), etc. and they are confused, they have not encountered human rights being framed in these ways. Self defense has always been the role of the government to keep them safe. The government is your friend, how can you even say that I cannot 100% trust government? That would be, like, TOTALLY SCARY and I don't want to go there.

This is why Trump scares them. They are having a VISCERAL REACTION now to the DESTRUCTION OF THEIR WORLDVIEW which happened last night.

Since it's an emotional reaction, do not expect to engage them in RATIONAL DISCUSSION.

I think it will take a month or two before people calm down and accept Trump and then SOME of them will start to read up and watch videos on conservative viewpoints.

I have a handful of friends on FB that just have not let things go or sink in.  I haven't discussed with them, but I say this as I still see them posting negative things about Trump.  But this is the thing with me, they only attack Trump, but never about why HRC (or anyone else for that matter) would have been better or "see" the hypocrisy in that the same things they are critical of Trump were the same things HRC said or tried to pull in the past.  They are just flat out irrationally afraid of Trump and it baffles me why.  They don't really seem to support HRC, which to me was a known 1000% bad direction, vs a wild card like Trump, who at least has potential for good (if not more). 

All three live in WA state and that's how I got to know them.  Maybe they are just too far gone in terms of their brainwashing.  I typically just ignore them and I never discuss politics on social media and not really in person.  Only a little here and some with my closest friends.  As mentioned above, just not worth it. 

westside22

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 01:14:18 PM »
Jumping into this a bit late in the discussion. Attacks on democrats as a party is forbidden? "A real and present danger" is upon us. It seems to be like a snow ball, growing bigger and faster. If we don't tag the cause as the party of the democrats who do we say is causing this? The democrats are the largest and in reality the only party.

Don't get me wrong I am not jumping up and down or screaming out loud.

To know/indetify who is your foe. To make a fight against those that would destroy our 2A rights you have to put a face on that foe.

When a soldier goes into the field of combat he knows his foe. It would be easy to say enemy in place of foe but that would NOT be appropriate. How do you identify the cause of our dwindling 2A rights? Thanks for listening.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

;-)

zippz

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 12:07:52 PM »
I think it comes down to pro-gun and anti-gun, not republican or democrat, or conservative/liberal.  There are anti-gun republicans and pro-gun democrats along with other parties, both politicians and regular citizens.  Keep out the other things like abortion, welfare, military defense, etc since not everyone can agree on everything.  There are a lot of liberal or democrat gun owners and you don't want to alienate them cause we need their help.  I feel 2ahawaii.com is made up of the extreme 1% of conservative male gun owners, other people tell me they avoid this site.  We need everyone's support.

punaperson

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 06:27:51 AM »
I feel 2ahawaii.com is made up of the extreme 1% of conservative male gun owners, other people tell me they avoid this site.  We need everyone's support.
Did those "other people" tell you why they avoid the site? I'd guess not interested enough the the whole Second Amendment realm to "waste" their time getting into the weeds on the issues?

What's your real life tactic for getting "everyone's support"? You mean like you said you believed that Tulsi Gabbard could be persuaded to support the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017? How's that workin' out for ya? (It's been six months since the bill was introduced and she won't hasn't made a public statement about whether she supports it or not... you know, because... no reason).

Some people are enemies of the rights listed in the Bill of Rights, including the right to keep and bear arms. They will never support anything but infringements, including and up to total civilian disarmament, whether they use that term or not. It's a total waste of time to seek their support. That being said, if the person in question is a politician it could be helpful to continually make public their actual actions (or lack thereof) that belie the hypocrisy and lies of their "I support the Second Amendment, but..." bullshit (you know, like Major Tulsi "large capacity clips" Gabbard).

Gun Control: Tulsi has a consistent record of advocating for sensible gun control. She has long called for reinstating a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and high capacity clips, requiring comprehensive pre-purchase background checks, closing the gun-show loophole, and making sure that terrorists are not allowed to buy guns [by eliminating due process rights guaranteed by the Constitution]. [My emphasis]

—Tulsi Gabbard's campaign website, https://www.votetulsi.com/visionXREFX
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 06:35:43 AM by punaperson »

omnigun

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 09:06:46 AM »
I am personally fully independent.  I vote based on issues not party.  This site I do agree with zippz, is full of bible thumping hardcore conservatives.  Full of conspiracies and pseudo science with a fairly closed viewpoints.  Hawaii is democratic and if you keep alienating those democrats who support gun rights by being far right you (we) will never protect our 2nd amendment rights.