Who's Shooting This Week? (Read 138782 times)

drck1000

Re: Who's Shooting This Weekend?
« Reply #760 on: April 11, 2022, 07:23:17 AM »
That's good to know that on weekends later in the day is a good time and a good chance to get a bench. :shaka:

On my weekday visits, I also notice that around 1:30 to 2:00 the benches start to clear out.  So one weekday I decided to go around 1:00.  Unfortunately it was a bit busy and I got a bench around 2:00 or so.  Problem with that is I was only able to shoot till 3:00 because on weekdays I pick up my wife after she gets done with work and she works in Halawa Valley.  She get's done at 3:30 so I have to be really careful and mindful of the cease fire schedule so I can grab my target, pack up and get out of there.

For some shooters an hour is enough if they only want to verify the zero on their rifle but I like to stay as long as possible and shoot the hell out of my firearms.  So for me going later during the week is not worth it for the time traveling to and from the range and then only getting to shoot for an hour.  This is why I go early on weekdays and have my fingers crossed that I can get a table at 12:00 and shoot until 3:00.  ;D

It need the 3 hours to at least put 3 bullet holes in my target.  The other 300 or so rounds end up under and over the target in the dirt. :rofl: ;)

Or mangling and destroying the target frame....... :oops:
It can be pretty random.  This past weekend, it was less than half full (maybe less than quarter full) at 2 pm (same as you noted).  I've also seen a later wave come in, but not to where it's full.  That said, I don't like being up against a clock when shooting. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 07:28:25 AM by drck1000 »

drck1000

« Reply #761 on: April 11, 2022, 07:27:36 AM »
if you aren't shooting you should get off the bench :shaka:
Agreed.  I think fine for shooting at your own pace, including some breaks here and there, which is what I typically do when shooting my bolt guns.  However, there are folks that occupy benches, with rifles out, and don't shoot for a whole relay, sometimes even more.  I mean their bench and all, but still.  Particularly "interesting" lately where I've noticed ROs doing that on the weekend, even when the range is full. . .

aletheuo137

« Reply #762 on: April 11, 2022, 07:44:16 AM »
Agreed.  I think fine for shooting at your own pace, including some breaks here and there, which is what I typically do when shooting my bolt guns.  However, there are folks that occupy benches, with rifles out, and don't shoot for a whole relay, sometimes even more.  I mean their bench and all, but still.  Particularly "interesting" lately where I've noticed ROs doing that on the weekend, even when the range is full. . .
Yes, I saw that last weekend!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

QUIETShooter

« Reply #763 on: April 11, 2022, 08:30:56 AM »

It seems that on weekdays when I go the shooters all kinda know each other.  And I think this is cool, I always think just by looking at most of them that they are somewhat retired like me.  So they are all talking and laughing which is a great way to spend time at the range with friends.

And as I mentioned earlier, almost all of them will pack up and leave by 2:00 or so.  I haven't really noticed if any of them just hang out occupying the bench and not shooting.

That "interesting" observation about the RO's....I wonder if they are saving the bench for their friends.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

drck1000

« Reply #764 on: April 11, 2022, 08:52:58 AM »
It seems that on weekdays when I go the shooters all kinda know each other.  And I think this is cool, I always think just by looking at most of them that they are somewhat retired like me.  So they are all talking and laughing which is a great way to spend time at the range with friends.

And as I mentioned earlier, almost all of them will pack up and leave by 2:00 or so.  I haven't really noticed if any of them just hang out occupying the bench and not shooting.

That "interesting" observation about the RO's....I wonder if they are saving the bench for their friends.
Yes, that is cool.  When I used to go on Fridays on a regular basis, I got to know a few of the regulars pretty well.  While I am not retired, I used to get there early and would talk story with many of them.  I had my "second bench" regular spot for a while.  Some of them just come to the range to hang out, sort of like their version of Zippy's or McDonalds for meet up spot. 

drck1000

Re: Who's Shooting This Week?
« Reply #765 on: April 13, 2022, 07:14:58 AM »
Who is shooting this week?

I was planning on heading to the range on Saturday, but a change of plans with family/friends might make me call an audible.  I hit the range both Sat and Sun last weekend, so got a lot done there.  If I am able to head to the range, will likely shoot some .308 that I loaded up a few weeks back.  Might also shoot the CZ 457 with the new barrel and tuner. 

drck1000

« Reply #766 on: April 21, 2022, 09:00:55 AM »
Who is shooting this week?

Have plans to take some new(er) shooters on Sat.  I'll likely also shoot either the .22 lr rifle or more testing and general practice with the .308. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #767 on: April 21, 2022, 09:30:43 AM »
We're taking the HDF skill builder pistol.  New gear is coming in on Saturday, so won't be able to use them for this one. Shucks.

drck1000

« Reply #768 on: April 21, 2022, 10:46:50 AM »
We're taking the HDF skill builder pistol.  New gear is coming in on Saturday, so won't be able to use them for this one. Shucks.
Awesome.  Might be at the range Sat too, but shooting rifle, or maybe pistols. 

So no 1911. . .  :(

changemyoil66

« Reply #769 on: April 21, 2022, 11:39:29 AM »
Awesome.  Might be at the range Sat too, but shooting rifle, or maybe pistols. 

So no 1911. . .  :(

Next one it should be.  Damn 2 week wait.

drck1000

« Reply #770 on: May 06, 2022, 12:50:15 PM »
Anyone?

I have next batches of test loads for both .308 and 6.5 cm loaded up, as well as wanting to do tuner testing with the .22 lr.  Likely will end up shooting .308.  Might take a couple of friends and shoot some handguns as well.

stangzilla

« Reply #771 on: May 06, 2022, 03:11:24 PM »
I'll be shooting some 44 magnum FTX handloads this weekend, and some 22 bolt action

drck1000

« Reply #772 on: May 12, 2022, 11:58:20 AM »
Anyone?

Likely headed to the range at least once this weekend.  Planning to shoot some carbine and pistol.  Maybe shoot some 6.5 or .22 lr rifle as well. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #773 on: May 12, 2022, 12:02:42 PM »
Anyone?

Likely headed to the range at least once this weekend.  Planning to shoot some carbine and pistol.  Maybe shoot some 6.5 or .22 lr rifle as well.

We need a "hand raised" emoji.  HRA skill builder then, mag dump city to break in the 1911. mrs. CMO will be doing 22 KIDD stuff during this time. Our other friend is gonna help her zero at rifle side.

aletheuo137

« Reply #774 on: May 12, 2022, 01:52:47 PM »
Anyone?

Too many things going on but will try!

drck1000

« Reply #775 on: May 12, 2022, 02:06:01 PM »
We need a "hand raised" emoji.  HRA skill builder then, mag dump city to break in the 1911. mrs. CMO will be doing 22 KIDD stuff during this time. Our other friend is gonna help her zero at rifle side.
Cool.  Will be be doing the Sage Dynamics burn down?   8)

drck1000

« Reply #776 on: May 12, 2022, 02:08:37 PM »
Too many things going on but will try!

Have you loaded up some .260 (or was it .270)?

aletheuo137

« Reply #777 on: May 12, 2022, 02:13:17 PM »
Have you loaded up some .260 (or was it .270)?
260 rem 60 rounds

drck1000

« Reply #778 on: May 12, 2022, 02:41:39 PM »
260 rem 60 rounds

What bullets are you loading up?  I have Hornady .264 140 and 147 gr ELD-M and some 140 gr SMK for my 6.5 CM. 

WTF?Shane

« Reply #779 on: May 12, 2022, 03:32:42 PM »

500rd break in? Need to borrow mags?