Kaiser member having problem obtaining firearms permit (Read 6471 times)

majuju537

Kaiser member having problem obtaining firearms permit
« on: March 08, 2019, 10:28:35 PM »
I also have been through the HPD Kaiser paradox. Not sure where to turn to for help. Thought if anyone knows a independent physician outside of Kaiser that is  pro 2nd amendment and not cost me an arm and a leg to help me get a medical clearance . Any suggestions as to other options would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tillamook

Re: Kaiser member having problem obtaining firearms permit
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 07:51:11 AM »
I do the clearance but Im on the Big Island.  I charge the lowest billing code the clinic lets me but that's still a flight, rental car and visit fee if you dont live on the island (just like the founders intended for the bill of rights  :crazy: )

zippz

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 08:28:00 AM »
HRA will also help.members find a physician.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Gordyf

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 06:08:34 PM »
Might be interesting.
My Kaiser Medic retired recently, never any trouble with my permitting.
He was cool and another Iolani guy. We got on well.He was maybe 6 yrs after me.
The system, however has assigned me a new PCP.
Haven't met her yet, but I guess  we'll see... April 3.
Aloha
Aloha
Gordy

mrgaf

Re: Kaiser member having problem obtaining fi
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 05:39:55 PM »
Hey feel your pain. Just had my PCP @ Straub refuse to cooperate but HPD told me if they don’t hear anything in response to the request, I’ll get my permit ( just picked up mine on 3/6 under that very scenario) without any problem so there is hope)
If your retired military just put down “Tricare”. Per HPD that’s all you need....
You can put down Kaiser but no PCP. and that will be that. HPD will send the request to Kaiser and if no response from medical records, you should be good to go. I applied for my long gun permit renewal on 3/7 and did just that (at the suggestion from Sgt Lewis) and they accepted my app with a smile. They have actually been great with my problem and worked with me all the way...you shud be fine.... :shaka:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

jase90

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 08:15:57 PM »
I just had an immediate family member go through the same problem. The HRA pointed her to all the correct channels and now has her first handgun. Good luck. F*#k Kaiser!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 06:28:37 AM by jase90 »

zhuzhits

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 06:14:42 AM »
If you do a search on this topic in the threads, it'll bring up several results. One of them have an Oahu Dr. who will do it. Forget his name, but my nephew went to him in December, costed him $300 for 10 mins.

kptheplatypus

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 01:13:08 PM »
I also have been through the HPD Kaiser paradox. Not sure where to turn to for help. Thought if anyone knows a independent physician outside of Kaiser that is  pro 2nd amendment and not cost me an arm and a leg to help me get a medical clearance . Any suggestions as to other options would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SADLY it's going to be expensive to get that clearance letter for less than an arm and leg. Go with Dr. Thomas Cook in Honolulu. Don't use insurance and it'll be about $300 but it's a super quick video telehealth call, short interview and then they email a copy to you for HPD or they'll have the original signature copy at their office in town. HPD will accept a copy. It'll be expensive either way so best bet is to just take the easier route since the cost can't be done much unless your insuracne will pay for it or help greatly
“Speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

~ An armed society is a polite society

kptheplatypus

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 01:13:48 PM »
If you do a search on this topic in the threads, it'll bring up several results. One of them have an Oahu Dr. who will do it. Forget his name, but my nephew went to him in December, costed him $300 for 10 mins.

Dr. Thomas Cook (or associates of his) in Honolulu
“Speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

~ An armed society is a polite society