New Registration info (Read 2973 times)

Direjackalope

Re: New Registration info
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2021, 07:21:54 AM »
Got an automated response.

Permit no. XXXXXXX Your firearms registration is being processed and may take up to five business days to process.

MauiAxis

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2021, 11:20:09 AM »
Can residents of other islands use the honolulu on line site?  Or residents of Oahu not in Honolulu?  Most gun ownership restrictions are statewide, not regulated differently by different counties. Is that the case here?  Or do you have to re register firearms if you mover from Honolulu to Hilo?

changemyoil66

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2021, 11:46:52 AM »

Can residents of other islands use the honolulu on line site?  Or residents of Oahu not in Honolulu?  Most gun ownership restrictions are statewide, not regulated differently by different counties. Is that the case here?  Or do you have to re register firearms if you mover from Honolulu to Hilo?

Other islands no can use. Reg with Chief of police in the county of ur residence or place of business.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

dogman

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2022, 10:15:56 AM »
Just notice this:
Instructions to have you PTA emailed to you.
https://www.honolulupd.org/police-services/firearms/#tab-onlinepermittoacquire

Form; "all fields marked with a (*) must be completed", need to remember to record the Permit No. when filling out the PTA form at HPD.
https://www.honolulupd.org/permit-to-acquire-form/

Direjackalope

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2022, 08:44:45 PM »
Got my registration back as a two part email. First was a password and second email was the pdf of the registration form. I didn’t get any hassle over not providing  info on barrel length, action type, or caliber as it was an AR lower. 

One point of interest was that the info that they populated my Registration with wasn’t consistent with my long gun permit. Weight difference, employer name, and complexion were all from older applications. Same company with a different project group so no big deal and I guess I’ll have to get a little more tan and dump 10 lbs to get back down to my fighting weight.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 11:39:04 PM by Direjackalope »

kkt

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2022, 03:08:48 PM »
Got my registration back as a two part email. First was a password and second email was the pdf of the registration form. I didn’t get any hassle over not providing  info on barrel length, action type, or caliber as it was an AR lower. 

One point of interest was that the info that they populated my permit with wasn’t consistent with my long gun permit. Weight difference, employer name, and complexion were all from older applications. Same company with a different project group so no big deal and I guess I’ll have to get a little more tan and dump 10 lbs to get back down to my fighting weight.

Thank you Direjackalope for sharing your experience.  I now know what to expect.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2022, 06:06:41 PM »

One point of interest was that the info that they populated my permit with wasn’t consistent with my long gun permit. Weight difference, employer name, and complexion were all from older applications. Same company with a different project group so no big deal and I guess I’ll have to get a little more tan and dump 10 lbs to get back down to my fighting weight.

Not sure if you're stating it correctly, or if I'm misunderstanding.

The Registration and Permit are separate.  You said the PERMIT wasn't populated with the right info.  Did you mean REGISTRATION FORM? 

I assume this was a long gun purchase, and there was no handgun permit used in this transaction?  Just used the paper Long Gun Permit?

Just seeing if I'm understanding it.
Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it.

Direjackalope

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2022, 11:36:40 PM »
Not sure if you're stating it correctly, or if I'm misunderstanding.

The Registration and Permit are separate.  You said the PERMIT wasn't populated with the right info.  Did you mean REGISTRATION FORM? 

I assume this was a long gun purchase, and there was no handgun permit used in this transaction?  Just used the paper Long Gun Permit?

Just seeing if I'm understanding it.

Yes, registration. My mistake. Corrected above. Also, the password was for the PDF which was password protected.