Buying Pew Pews Online. Who is reliable? *BUT SUPPORT YOUR LGS* (Read 1439 times)

Rico808

First let me start by saying…
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUN STORE!

I’ve been to 95% of lgs. The rest of the 5% is just a little more out of the way in my travels. If I’m out running errands and I’m close by, I’ll pop in just to check it out.

If you were to compare my taste in guns to food… I would say it’d be day old poi. Not scrape the mold off the top kine and not fresh paiai either. Not tactiCOOL but tactiCOOL is sometimes cool. 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Lol For the people I haven’t lost yet… Sometimes LGS doesn’t have what you’re looking for.

So what sites online would you recommend? Other than direct from manufacturers

Some LGS referred me to
https://www.budsgunshop.com/
https://www.gunbroker.com/

Any others you’d recommend?
Living life on the edge. Just trying to spread my 2A wings as far as I can.

When you stand for nothing, you fall for everything

Rocky

Re: Buying Pew Pews Online. Who is reliable? *BUT SUPPORT YOUR LGS*
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 06:45:38 AM »
This one, lot's of  "day old poi"  here.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

aletheuo137

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 06:47:33 AM »
This one, lot's of  "day old poi"  here.
Sometimes years old!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

stangzilla

rpoL98

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2022, 11:15:50 AM »
recently purchased from Brownells, through a local FFL.  no problems at all, very quick transaction.

I'd think any of the large firearms retailers would be reliable.  just be sure to read the fine print about shipping to Hawaii, FFL fees, and FFL transactions.  That's incumbent upon you, you can't blow that off.
for Gunbroker, be sure to read the fine print about payment methods, CC fees, your chosen FFL's license being presented, and shipping to Hawaii.  how many mags included.  is it a stock picture, or actual pic of the actual gun.  and whether they have lots of "+" ratings, read some of their reviews, most recent.

normal caveat emptor.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2022, 01:29:18 PM »
Always depends on:

1.  What you're in the market for

2.  What each online seller has available

3.  Whether you want only new items or like to find good quality used items for a better price

4.  Who has what you want and is within your budget

https://aimsurplus.com/
https://palmettostatearmory.com/
https://classicfirearms.com/

And don't overlook the manufacturer's websites.  If you want a specific Ruger or other brand, you might be better off ordering direct.  If they don't offer their products to consumers due to high demand, try asking a LGS to order it for you.  For certain high-demand items, you might get it cheaper than paying the speculators on GunBroker.
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

pacwire

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2022, 02:39:21 PM »
Just wanted to provide my 2 cents and my personal experiences:

1). I have used GUN Broker in the past.  BUT lately, when comparing CC fees, Shipping cost, and FFL Transfer fees, I have found "A" LGS that offers me the SAME price or lower.  If not in stock or incoming they have brought in what i wanted.
2). MY LGS provides Excellent Customer Service.

i Think knowing the "RETAIL" List price, and going market place will drive who you use!  And how soon you need or want the gun.

Keep Safe!

novalight

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2022, 07:32:03 PM »
Bought 3 guns thru sportsman's guide sent to ffl no issues

drck1000

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2022, 07:36:43 AM »
I definitely support the LGS.  However, for online vendors, I'll shop with anyone who is reputable and has what I am looking for.  Use your best judgement, but you typically can get a decent feel for which ones are really good and which ones to avoid from a quick online search.

I've bought from a few GunBroker dealers, PSA, BravoCompany, etc.  If a deal is too good to be true, probably is, particularly private sellers. . .

macsak

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2022, 08:01:29 AM »
be careful about taking "calculated risks" and buy from people who dm you unsolicited on this forum...

drck1000

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2022, 08:23:07 AM »
be careful about taking "calculated risks" and buy from people who dm you unsolicited on this forum...
I know of "a friend" with a phase plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.  Interested?   O0

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2022, 08:29:02 AM »
My only online XP is with GB. Got a unicorn. MSRP precovid was about $1500-1800 (See First 1911 thread).  But Colt hasn't made this mode in a while (years), so I had to go GB route and paid $2700.  Which estimate MSRP even from retailers would probably be about $2K now if this model was produced.

Then Mrs. CMO is looking at a Stoeger coach shotty. Stoeger is out right now and so are other vendors who carry this specific shotty. MSRP is about $500. GB is $800.  At taht price, might as well pay a little more and go CZ.

So GB does have it's use, since the HI market is so small.

And I used Danger Close as the FFL, when I did a search within 25 miles of my location, they were the only FFL that came up. So I just clicked on them and all done. No need to contact the FFL and have them email the seller their FFL.  So they made $ for holding a gun for 2 weeks (permit to acquire wait time), easy peasy.

Bud808

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2022, 02:22:49 PM »
 :
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 02:59:16 PM by Bud808 »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2022, 03:01:09 PM »
Tracking for my package says it arrived at OGC today. Any input on whether I wait for them to call me or I call them ? It's Saturday afternoon I'm anxious to go get the serial number for the paperwork first thing Monday visit to HPD.
Sometimes the seller fails to put your name and phone number on the package, and OGC doesn't recognize it as a transfer until they open the box.  By then, they might have waited a couple of days to open it after other transfer packages they received.

I see inspection periods usually begin "from" the day of delivery, for example

I believe "from" means "including the day it was received, whereas "after" would be the 3 days following receipt.  If you're having scheduling problems, work that issue out with the seller before the window closes.

Since you mentioned getting the serial number for the paperwork, I assume you need to apply for a handgun permit?  If so, then go check out the item ASAP if you have an inspection window.     

Call OGC and inform them that you need to inspect the firearm by a specific date if that's the case.  Work with them to schedule your inspection and get the receipt/specs for the permit app.

Waiting silently for OGC to call could be the worst decision if there's a problem with the firearm.

Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

Bud808

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2022, 08:15:46 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Everything went exceptionally smooth, I guess I had a lucky day.  OGC answered on the first ring and was super helpful, I popped over there about an hour later to check out my new handgun. Literally 15 minutes after leaving OGC, I was sitting at the window signing and dating the docs. There was no traffic, scored a parking spot, no line and since I had the docs 95% done it took about 7-8 minutes. For clarity the friendly Officer instructed me to take a photo of the 14 day wait period from today, and reminder that the 30th was a holiday

Fia

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2022, 06:52:36 AM »
Just wanted to provide my 2 cents and my personal experiences:

1). I have used GUN Broker in the past.  BUT lately, when comparing CC fees, Shipping cost, and FFL Transfer fees, I have found "A" LGS that offers me the SAME price or lower.  If not in stock or incoming they have brought in what i wanted.
2). MY LGS provides Excellent Customer Service.

i Think knowing the "RETAIL" List price, and going market place will drive who you use!  And how soon you need or want the gun.

Keep Safe!

Can you share which LGS you like to use?

groveler

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2022, 09:48:41 AM »
Personally I think anybody in Hawaii that buys a gun here is
not too smart.
PTA, registration, and such is for slaves.
I'm not a slave.
Although when I pay taxes I feel like one.
Y'all want new toys consider the alternatives
We all have mainland connections,
and Fuk Hawaii Democrats.
Just keep it all "Legal".
 :thumbsup:

drck1000

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2022, 01:35:39 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Everything went exceptionally smooth, I guess I had a lucky day.  OGC answered on the first ring and was super helpful, I popped over there about an hour later to check out my new handgun. Literally 15 minutes after leaving OGC, I was sitting at the window signing and dating the docs. There was no traffic, scored a parking spot, no line and since I had the docs 95% done it took about 7-8 minutes. For clarity the friendly Officer instructed me to take a photo of the 14 day wait period from today, and reminder that the 30th was a holiday
What did ya get?  If you don't mind sharing? 

Bud808

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2022, 12:59:12 PM »
What did ya get?  If you don't mind sharing?

Walther PDP, with the 10 rd mags of course  ::)

changemyoil66

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 01:09:41 PM »
Walther PDP, with the 10 rd mags of course  ::)

Which one? And new slide or old slide?