Police (Read 676 times)

groveler

Police
« on: May 09, 2022, 06:39:34 AM »
Interesting publication.

http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/Articles-Main/ID/31508/Hawaii-2nd-Worst-State-for-Police-Officers

Y'all here bitch about PTA problems.
FYI
 :wave:

robtmc

Re: Police
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 06:46:58 AM »
Dead last in "Law Enforcement Training Requirements "??

That explains a lot of their incompetence.

RSN172

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 08:27:54 AM »
At least HI is not dead last overall.   Arkansas is slightly worse.

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 09:05:35 AM »
I wrote to the police commission when they were doing their survey about the next chief.  I'm sure it will fall on dead ears.

groveler

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 10:28:28 AM »
I wrote to the police commission when they were doing their survey about the next chief.  I'm sure it will fall on dead ears.
Y'all know I don't like Hawaii laws much.
Too many and too much nanny shit.
I'm on record testifying at the police commission in
my county.
There some really legitimate complaints and of course
the brain dead idiots.
I had to show a cop how to use his $9,000 computer so I could sign in.
AND I hate Windows OS!
Police commissions are all Liberals that are appointed, by Liberal friends.
The system SUCKS.
Rather than try to get past Honolulu Democrats,
I wish HIFICO would push for elected Sheriffs.
We'd change gun laws in no time.
 :thumbsup:
 :shaka:

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 11:50:04 AM »
Y'all know I don't like Hawaii laws much.
Too many and too much nanny shit.
I'm on record testifying at the police commission in
my county.
There some really legitimate complaints and of course
the brain dead idiots.
I had to show a cop how to use his $9,000 computer so I could sign in.
AND I hate Windows OS!
Police commissions are all Liberals that are appointed, by Liberal friends.
The system SUCKS.
Rather than try to get past Honolulu Democrats,
I wish HIFICO would push for elected Sheriffs.
We'd change gun laws in no time.
 :thumbsup:
 :shaka:

Shannon L. Alivado - Chair
    Gerard "Jerry" Gibson - Vice Chair
    Ann Botticelli - Member
    Doug Chin - Member
    Carrie K.S. Okinaga - Member
    Richard Parry - Member
    Kenneth Silva - Member

They need a few  "regular joes" on the board.  Grad public school, went UH or other local university with a non-professional degree (optional), makes less than $70,000 a year. And someone who has a trade, carpenter, plumber, electrician, etc...Preferably a worker, but if they own their own company, then they still get their hands dirty.  Not an owner who just signs the checks, but involved in daily installations.

At most, Kenneth Silva is the closest as former Fire Chief.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 01:26:38 PM »
Dead last in "Law Enforcement Training Requirements "??

That explains a lot of their incompetence.

As I understand it the Honolulu Police have quite good training certifications so I wonder if this is as a whole or or how they are measuring that.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 01:52:34 PM »
As I understand it the Honolulu Police have quite good training certifications so I wonder if this is as a whole or or how they are measuring that.

"As I understand it..."

"how they are measuring that"  (training requirements)

I guess you didn't bother to click the link to the full report.

#CantDoBasicResearch
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 09:05:33 AM »
Certifications differ from actual in field practice. Example: The citations issued due to Ige's mandate. Thousands were issued, and about 96% were dismissed in court.  So either HPD officers issuing them did not practice what they learned when it comes to what is law and the constitution, or they were not taught it at the academy by the "good training certified" cadre.  And due to the volume of citations issued, this wasn't just 1 or a handful of officers who didn't know better.

I was at a BBQ and had a cop respond to a complaint about gathering. He showed up and said the mandate is unconstitutional and he will not enforce it.  But since he was called, he had to show up because the caller is watching.  He said he didn't care if his bodycam captured his statement.  He then left without telling us to disburse or any citation issued.  He then came back a few hours later because the same person called again.  And he repeated what he told us and left.  This is an example of a cop who knows what his job is and knows what the constitution/rights are and choose not to "follow orders".

groveler

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 09:37:06 AM »
It is not so much the training as it is the leadership.
Cops are just employees, PERIOD.
They do what they are told just like you and I did when we were employees.
They do not protect and serve, anybody, but the Bosses ass.
The problem is the BOSS!
Once you figure that out, then act accordingly.
 :grrr:

changemyoil66

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 09:55:20 AM »
It is not so much the training as it is the leadership.
Cops are just employees, PERIOD.
They do what they are told just like you and I did when we were employees.
They do not protect and serve, anybody, but the Bosses ass.
The problem is the BOSS!
Once you figure that out, then act accordingly.
 :grrr:

We have seen this with the protest about the mandates. The first hour or so HPD was telling people they cannot protest, leave  or be arrested. Then they changed their tune and told people to wear a mask or be arrested, which was in front the capitol. Kevin McDonald was 1 arrested for this. He ran against Karl Rhodes and lost.  I mean no one along the way realized 1st amendment.  Another was at Kapiolani park and there were more at other locations, but I don't remember specifically where they were at. But the MO was the same, tell people to leave or be arrested (stop 1a right). Then later realize they cannot do that, so arrest for not putting mask on.

Same happened with the protest outside Josh Green's condo in downtown. HPD blocked the road in front so no one or cars could pass. This was for about 15 mins. Then HPD got the memo and dispersed and let cars and people thru.

So again, not isolated incidents of mistakes by HPD and the 1st amendment.  But it's all G because they have good training credentials.

hvybarrels

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 09:05:32 PM »
They will make wonderful foot soldiers for the World Health Organization once we lose our sovereignty in November.

Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2022, 01:31:17 PM »
"As I understand it..."

"how they are measuring that"  (training requirements)

I guess you didn't bother to click the link to the full report.

#CantDoBasicResearch

I did read it, doesn't answer my question. Maybe you should have thought about my question deeper.

How do they provide a number across an entire state. We have at least a half dozen law enforcement agencies here in Hawaii. If one has great training and some others have poor training, how is this averaged? Do they weight it against how many officers are in each department? It also gives some scores more weight and others lower weight.

Did you read the full report?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2022, 02:05:12 PM »
I did read it, doesn't answer my question. Maybe you should have thought about my question deeper.

How do they provide a number across an entire state. We have at least a half dozen law enforcement agencies here in Hawaii. If one has great training and some others have poor training, how is this averaged? Do they weight it against how many officers are in each department? It also gives some scores more weight and others lower weight.

Did you read the full report?

Please list the "at least a half dozen law enforcement agencies here in Hawaii."

Since the study is by STATE, don't include federal agencies.
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

aieahound

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2022, 02:10:43 PM »
Please list the "at least a half dozen law enforcement agencies here in Hawaii."

Since the study is by STATE, don't include federal agencies.

HPD
Hawaii PD
Kauai PD
Maui PD
DLNR
Harbor patrol ?
Sheriff’s office
Corrections, if not under sheriff.

More ? That’s off the top of my head.