Arizona
« on: May 12, 2022, 06:07:00 AM »
This may interest some of you here
Gun "freindly".

:popcorn:

robtmc

Re: Arizona
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 07:49:25 AM »
The state would give most Hawaii or Calif liberals a heart attack when they saw open carry.

hvybarrels

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 08:37:20 AM »
The state would give most Hawaii or Calif liberals a heart attack when they saw open carry.

It did when I was visiting there as a kid, but then it became normal really quick.

"Oh look. It's one of those old guys you don't f with."
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 09:03:24 AM »

I use the argument against OC/CCW HI people that Vegas (NV) is an open carry permit less state and issues CCW to all who qualify (even non-residents). Yet many still go there often, as it is known as the 9th island. This doesn't stop anyone from going. Out of sight, out of mind.

robtmc

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 10:52:33 AM »
"Oh look. It's one of those old guys you don't f with."
The guy that taught the CCW class was absolutely against OC.  Multiple reasons, most of which are clear when you think of it.

Read a humorous anecdote a few years ago about a guy hiking and open carrying in Arizona.  Went dort of like:

Some other hikers approached where he was resting and the woman with them stated how she problems with his visible firearm.  Asked where she was from, "Sacramento".  Told her that she should return as soon as possible.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 11:03:09 AM »
The guy that taught the CCW class was absolutely against OC.  Multiple reasons, most of which are clear when you think of it.

Read a humorous anecdote a few years ago about a guy hiking and open carrying in Arizona.  Went dort of like:

Some other hikers approached where he was resting and the woman with them stated how she problems with his visible firearm.  Asked where she was from, "Sacramento".  Told her that she should return as soon as possible.

I question the sanity or intelligence of a person who approaches any person they've never met to complain about their visible firearm.

If offered the choice between open or concealed, the correct choice often hinges on the location/environment.  Some people OC one day a week just as an ice breaker so they can engage anyone who questions why they are carrying. 
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

aletheuo137

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 11:06:52 AM »
"I question the sanity or intelligence of a person who approaches any person they've never met to complain about their visible firearm."

One born every minute!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2022, 11:59:49 AM »
I question the sanity or intelligence of a person who approaches any person they've never met to complain about their visible firearm.

If offered the choice between open or concealed, the correct choice often hinges on the location/environment.  Some people OC one day a week just as an ice breaker so they can engage anyone who questions why they are carrying.

I would say on a hike, OC is much more comfortable than CCWing.  The problem is like that CA resident did, to try and start an argument with someone with a visible gun (holstered or drawn). This happens all the time, then people wonder why they got shot (legally or illegal). IMO, don't argue with someone who has a gun. Example that Big Island Lava video. 1 guy has the gun drawn and the younger guy is still arguing with him and not backing away.  Or that incident with the guy holding a PCC on his porch and the gf's baby daddy was arguing with him.

There should be a law, that if you get shot while arguing with someone who has  a gun drawn, that's on you. No civil lawsuit. But shooter can still be charged if broke use of deadly force law.

IMO, if someone has a gun drawn, I'm shutting up and getting out of dodge. Nor would I talk shit to a crackhead or a drug dealer in the hood.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2022, 01:12:27 PM »
I would say on a hike, OC is much more comfortable than CCWing.  The problem is like that CA resident did, to try and start an argument with someone with a visible gun (holstered or drawn). This happens all the time, then people wonder why they got shot (legally or illegal). IMO, don't argue with someone who has a gun. Example that Big Island Lava video. 1 guy has the gun drawn and the younger guy is still arguing with him and not backing away.  Or that incident with the guy holding a PCC on his porch and the gf's baby daddy was arguing with him.

There should be a law, that if you get shot while arguing with someone who has  a gun drawn, that's on you. No civil lawsuit. But shooter can still be charged if broke use of deadly force law.

IMO, if someone has a gun drawn, I'm shutting up and getting out of dodge. Nor would I talk shit to a crackhead or a drug dealer in the hood.

Sometimes when you're right, that's all you get to be -- besides dead.

-- Melvin Udall

aieahound

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2022, 06:08:13 PM »
Funny.
And this was before I was into firearms ( just pellet guns and shit.)
Around 1991. Safest I felt when I walked into a convenience store in AZ was when 4 out of 5 guys in there were OC’ing.

changemyoil66

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2022, 08:40:17 AM »
Sometimes when you're right, that's all you get to be -- besides dead.

That's what I tell everyone, I rather be wrong and alive, than right and dead or in jail because a situation escalates.  It takes a man to walk away, anyone can be male and act up.

1 time we were in Vegas and I was with Mrs. CMO, she was holding my hand. As we passed a guy, he said "dayymmnnn". We had just come from the club, so she had makeup on and tight dress (so not range clothes as most are used to seeing). I could have taken it as disrespect and started something, but instead I said thank you and we kept walking.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2022, 12:31:02 PM »
That's what I tell everyone, I rather be wrong and alive, than right and dead or in jail because a situation escalates.  It takes a man to walk away, anyone can be male and act up.

1 time we were in Vegas and I was with Mrs. CMO, she was holding my hand. As we passed a guy, he said "dayymmnnn". We had just come from the club, so she had makeup on and tight dress (so not range clothes as most are used to seeing). I could have taken it as disrespect and started something, but instead I said thank you and we kept walking.

How do you know his remark was directed at her?   :geekdanc: :rofl:
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2022, 12:35:03 PM »
How do you know his remark was directed at her?   :geekdanc: :rofl:

My thank you would have been confirmation that I accept his dayyymmnnnn. Whoops, at least I don't live there.