Karl Rhoads want SCOTUS to cancel 2A (Read 1369 times)

hvybarrels

Karl Rhoads want SCOTUS to cancel 2A
« on: July 03, 2022, 01:17:09 AM »
Just in time for election season...

"The biggest hope of gun control advocates such as Rhoads is that the U.S. Supreme Court will overturn a 2008 decision called District of Columbia v. Heller, which for the first time established that the Second Amendment protected an individual’s right to own a gun. The amendment previously had been understood to protect the right to arm state militias.

The Heller decision and a similar case, McDonald v. City of Chicago, significantly limited the extent to which governments can impose gun control laws. He predicted the court will eventually overturn Heller and McDonald as it recently overturned Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion nationally.

“At some point, this is going to be reversed,” he said."

https://www.civilbeat.org/2022/07/you-may-soon-see-people-openly-carrying-guns-in-hawaii/
Red Pills dispensed daily

2ahavvaii

Re: Karl Rhoads want SCOTUS to cancel 2A
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 02:34:07 AM »
My biggest shame is that this hack represents my district, and it's impossible to dislodge him.

Direjackalope

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 08:25:59 AM »
Rhoads can wish Heller gets overturned in one hand and shit in the other an see which one fills first.

robtmc

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 08:36:08 AM »
The amendment previously had been understood perverted to protect the right to arm state militias.

Fixed it....

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 08:45:50 AM »
Rhoads must have a deep psychological fear of weapons and freedom probably brought about by an unhappy childhood.
I'll bet he was ridiculed as a young boy so now he is on a crusade to "castrate" all of us normal guys to get revenge.

Pity him...he has psychological problems
What, Me Worry?

groveler

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 09:05:07 AM »
You guys wonder why I despise Honolulu County.
You let this Karl Rhoads run the gun control laws in this state.
Just Him!
One guy and you won't deal with it.
 :wtf:
He would not do do good on the Big island.
No threat intended.
 :wave:

RSN172

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 09:07:14 AM »
My biggest shame is that this hack represents my district, and it's impossible to dislodge him.
Not by legal means.  Illegally? Can.

Jl808

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2022, 10:52:03 AM »
You guys wonder why I despise Honolulu County.
You let this Karl Rhoads run the gun control laws in this state.
Just Him!
One guy and you won't deal with it.
 :wtf:
He would not do do good on the Big island.
No threat intended.
 :wave:

He is surrounded by other progressive liberals in his district who think just like him and keep voting him in.

https://www.karlrhoads.org/about-karl/

In 2020, Kevin McDonald tried in the last primary election but lost by almost 7K votes.
In 2016, Rod Tam lost against him by almost 7K votes also.

https://ballotpedia.org/Hawaii_State_Senate_District_13

It would probably take a more concerted effort to remove him, but I don't know if 2A is the platform to do so.
Perhaps if we can get 8K gun owners to testify at the legislature, we could do it on 2A alone.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 11:03:03 AM by Jl808 »
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

ren

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2022, 11:02:41 AM »
His wife is a major political player. She was involved in the Andy Mirikitani scandal decades ago but she got off.
Deeds Not Words

Pancakes

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 11:02:57 AM »
Well I guess everyone will just have to go out and form their own militias so that everyone can keep their right to own arms. 🙄 Sure he’d love that and approve of that….

Jl808

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 11:04:31 AM »
If we can form a 8K member strong Hawaii "militia" organization that would vote as a block, I'm all for it.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

ren

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 11:48:03 AM »
We need a PAC with a large treasure chest.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2022, 11:50:52 AM »
Just in time for election season...

"The biggest hope of gun control advocates such as Rhoads is that the U.S. Supreme Court will overturn a 2008 decision called District of Columbia v. Heller, which for the first time established that the Second Amendment protected an individual’s right to own a gun. The amendment previously had been understood to protect the right to arm state militias.

The Heller decision and a similar case, McDonald v. City of Chicago, significantly limited the extent to which governments can impose gun control laws. He predicted the court will eventually overturn Heller and McDonald as it recently overturned Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion nationally.

“At some point, this is going to be reversed,” he said."

https://www.civilbeat.org/2022/07/you-may-soon-see-people-openly-carrying-guns-in-hawaii/

The Heller case affirmed a Constitutional right to keep and bear arms as worded in the Constitution.

The Roe reversal struck down an earlier SCOTUS decision that invented a Constitutional right to abortion that has never existed.
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

zippz

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2022, 12:28:47 AM »
Rhoads didn't RSVP for the Freedom on the 4th event.  Maybe he'll just pop in.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2022, 01:07:59 AM »
I don't know how much more simply the meaning of the Second Amendment can be explained.

Maybe Rhodes should get on YouTube for something other than cat videos.

Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

changemyoil66

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2022, 07:34:02 AM »
I don't know how much more simply the meaning of the Second Amendment can be explained.

Maybe Rhodes should get on YouTube for something other than cat videos.

They know what it means and are corrupt. Their lemmings have no clue and they (politicians/fakenews) rely on lack of logic.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

mrgaf

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2022, 12:34:56 PM »
Rhodes needs to be cancelled…..
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

ren

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2022, 01:12:50 PM »
his district is overrun with crime and his priority is to make sure citizens are helpless and hopeless...that should be a valid argument
Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2022, 01:09:11 AM »
his district is overrun with crime and his priority is to make sure citizens are helpless and hopeless...that should be a valid argument
And yet gets reelected. We call this HI voters the same.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

QUIETShooter

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2022, 03:38:06 AM »
Voter apathy is very prevalent, especially in Hawaii.  These politicians get elected because many Hawaii voters don't care enough yet they are quick to grumble and complain.  It's a vicious and horrible cycle.

The worst is the voter who selects a "D" or "R" or any other party affiliate and don't even look at, know, or research the name alongside of it. 

Or the voters who are too lazy and trust their organizations and unions to do the selections for them.

Many politicians get elected because people simply don't vote.  They feel their vote doesn't count.  And now with all the hoopla about the 2020 election, the integrity, transparency, and the faith of fair and honorable elections got thrown out the door. 

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.