Karl Rhoads want SCOTUS to cancel 2A (Read 2865 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Karl Rhoads want SCOTUS to cancel 2A
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2022, 10:33:17 AM »
Voter apathy is very prevalent, especially in Hawaii.  These politicians get elected because many Hawaii voters don't care enough yet they are quick to grumble and complain.  It's a vicious and horrible cycle.

The worst is the voter who selects a "D" or "R" or any other party affiliate and don't even look at, know, or research the name alongside of it. 

Or the voters who are too lazy and trust their organizations and unions to do the selections for them.

Many politicians get elected because people simply don't vote.  They feel their vote doesn't count.  And now with all the hoopla about the 2020 election, the integrity, transparency, and the faith of fair and honorable elections got thrown out the door.

There's another side to that.  People don't want to run in Hawaii as a Republican because the outcome is too often predetermined.  As you said, people tend to vote down party lines.  If 70% or more of the district is registered Democrats, a Republican candidate would be wasting precious time and money trying to win election.

It would take someone who has broad name recognition and enough independent wealth on their own or with wealthy backers to even try to unseat a long time incumbent Dem.  Look at the make up of the Hawaii Legislature and Senate, then tell me what the chances that voters will suddenly make a non-partisan decision.

As you said, unions are such a big factor, you'd have a hard time finding a race that didn't go they way union bosses wanted.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 11:09:28 AM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

robtmc

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2022, 10:46:12 AM »
Many politicians get elected because people simply don't vote.  They feel their vote doesn't count.  And now with all the hoopla about the 2020 election, the integrity, transparency, and the faith of fair and honorable elections got thrown out the door.
One of the most glaring features of the state 2020 election statistics of note it the almost fixed 77% voting mail in.   Has there EVER been a Hawaii election with that many voters bothering to vote?  The other suspicious thing was who the mail in votes went for vs. the in person.

Hawaii voting is absolutely rigged.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2022, 11:53:00 AM »
Looks like Rhoades will do everything in his power to slow walk compliance with the SCOTUS decision.  And I am 100% sure he will not get any opposition from the gov., mayor, or any political member in that cesspool State Capitol bldg.

And the police chief?  He's not gonna do anything about it either.  He will take the stance of waiting for his "bosses" to tell him what to do.

After all, I wouldn't be surprised that denying carry permits was part of the requirement prior to taking on the job, LOL!!

After all the dilly-dallying their carry restrictions would amount to something like this:

Hawaii citizens who qualify may carry firearms on their person for self protection outside of their homes and in public places EXCEPT in the following places:

All buildings, properties, and places of gathering in the State of Hawaii as specifically mentioned in the following book:  Firearms restriction Manual.

Available at HPD Headquarters Beretania St. for $200 or go to www.uarefooked.com

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2022, 12:46:26 PM »
Looks like Rhoades will do everything in his power to slow walk compliance with the SCOTUS decision.  And I am 100% sure he will not get any opposition from the gov., mayor, or any political member in that cesspool State Capitol bldg.

And the police chief?  He's not gonna do anything about it either.  He will take the stance of waiting for his "bosses" to tell him what to do.

After all, I wouldn't be surprised that denying carry permits was part of the requirement prior to taking on the job, LOL!!

After all the dilly-dallying their carry restrictions would amount to something like this:

Hawaii citizens who qualify may carry firearms on their person for self protection outside of their homes and in public places EXCEPT in the following places:

All buildings, properties, and places of gathering in the State of Hawaii as specifically mentioned in the following book:  Firearms restriction Manual.

Available at HPD Headquarters Beretania St. for $200 or go to www.uarefooked.com

Nah.  They'd make it sound more "common sense," like:

Firearms are prohibited anyplace where more than 4 people are gathered (takes into account pretty much all businesses and home parties) where alcohol is present.

Nobody need be drinking booze -- armed or not.  Just the presence of booze is enough.  So, if someone gives a bottle of wine as a house warming gift, you might be charged with a felony if you're wearing a gun to that party.
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2022, 01:09:36 PM »
Nah.  They'd make it sound more "common sense," like:

Firearms are prohibited anyplace where more than 4 people are gathered (takes into account pretty much all businesses and home parties) where alcohol is present.

Nobody need be drinking booze -- armed or not.  Just the presence of booze is enough.  So, if someone gives a bottle of wine as a house warming gift, you might be charged with a felony if you're wearing a gun to that party.

They tried the booze thing a few years ago. I wanna say 2018.  We had an EMT testify that he's seen people who tested with a high BAC who are diabetic. We also had a diabetic testify the same thing and another doctor (neuro IIRC) about the same.  They were trying to pass a law that you cannot have a high BAC and posses a gun, even if in your home.

I think the gathering thing was tried, but I can't remember the specific bill.  I wanna say it was with tasers (the OG 50 page bill).

If HI does do a ban for CCW/OC on private property and it would carry the weight of the law, then they need options like being able to leave the gun in your car.  Like how the mainland (Vegas as an example) does it, even though this isn't smart, but sometimes it has to be done and cannot be helped.  But in Vegas, the no guns signs do not carry the weight of the law. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2022, 01:57:12 PM »
They tried the booze thing a few years ago. I wanna say 2018.  We had an EMT testify that he's seen people who tested with a high BAC who are diabetic. We also had a diabetic testify the same thing and another doctor (neuro IIRC) about the same.  They were trying to pass a law that you cannot have a high BAC and posses a gun, even if in your home.

I think the gathering thing was tried, but I can't remember the specific bill.  I wanna say it was with tasers (the OG 50 page bill).

If HI does do a ban for CCW/OC on private property and it would carry the weight of the law, then they need options like being able to leave the gun in your car.  Like how the mainland (Vegas as an example) does it, even though this isn't smart, but sometimes it has to be done and cannot be helped.  But in Vegas, the no guns signs do not carry the weight of the law.

There have been numerous businesses sued after the company policy was updated to forbid firearms in employee cars in the company parking lots.

According to the courts, that's unconstitutional, as the policy denies the employees their 2A rights before, during and after their commute to work.  Anyone stopping for gas or groceries on the way to/from work would be disarmed involuntarily.

So, there's precedence that should cover whether or not you can be forced to leave a firearm at home versus in the car.

I'm okay with minimal times I'd have to store a gun in the car.  But then I recall the story of the Luby's cafeteria massacre, and how one woman lost her parents that day while her pistol was sitting in the car because of a new law.

Chuck Schumer was one of the smug politicians listening to her testimony as she described how she was rendered helpless when a madman entered her life.

As I keep reiterating: carrying a gun is for those threats you can't predict or even imagine.  Being turned into helpless sitting ducks needs to stop.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 10:48:14 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

2ahavvaii

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2022, 09:39:31 PM »
There have been numerous businesses sued after the company policy was updated to forbid firearms in employee cars in the company parking lots.

According to the courts, that's unconstitutional, as the policy denies the employees their 2A rights before, during and after their commute to work.  Anyone stopping for gas or groceries on the way to/from work would be disarmed involuntarily.

So, there's precedence that should cover whether or not you can be forced to leave a forearm at home versus in the car.

I'm okay with minimal times I'd have to store a gun in the car.  But then I recall the story of the Luby's cafeteria massacre, and how one woman lost her parents that day while her pistol was sitting in the car because of a new law.

Chuck Schumer was one of the smug politicians listening to her testimony as she described how she was rendered helpless when a madman entered her life.

As I keep reiterating: carrying a gun is for those threats you can't predict or even imagine.  Being turned into helpless sitting ducks needs to stop.

I'm semi drunk here, so bear with me.  The problem with these antigun nuts is they're too stupid to keep their requirements "reasonable" to the average law abiding citizen and the courts.  they will poke and prod the bear (supreme court) until they're forced into action and slap down their totally unconstitutional regulations.  If they kept it "reasonable", it would be a more difficult decision on SCOTUS to stand firm on the constitution.  Hawaii having 0 carry permits active is obviously a defacto ban.  If these dumbasses try to ban carry in PUBLIC spaces, they will get dongslapped again by SCOTUS.  Again, by keeping it "reasonable" to the average citizen, meaning no guns in prisons, state capitol, police stations, stadiums, the public and court would find it acceptable.  But they decide to go ultra extremist, which attracts the attention of the courts and the people.

As of December 2017 there were 0 active Handgun Carry Licenses issued to private citizens in Hawaii, out of a population of 1.4 million.

There is no such thing as a "liberal" or "conservative" justice, there's only judges that uphold the law or not.  The job of a justice is not to make up your own laws, but to interpret the laws as they are written, with possibly some legal leeway.  That's the reason for the 3 branches of government.  It is the duty of congress, elected by the people, to write the laws.  A 5th grader (hopefully) could tell you that.  The ONLY reason it isn't that simple is because this country is full of judges that tramples over the bounds of their legal powers.  Those judges should be fired and jailed.  Roe V Wade - even Ginsberg said that was a wrong legal decision.  Going WAY too far without the appropriate federal LEGISLATIVE action.

changemyoil66

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2022, 08:48:10 AM »
I'm semi drunk here, so bear with me.  The problem with these antigun nuts is they're too stupid to keep their requirements "reasonable" to the average law abiding citizen and the courts.  they will poke and prod the bear (supreme court) until they're forced into action and slap down their totally unconstitutional regulations.  If they kept it "reasonable", it would be a more difficult decision on SCOTUS to stand firm on the constitution.  Hawaii having 0 carry permits active is obviously a defacto ban.  If these dumbasses try to ban carry in PUBLIC spaces, they will get dongslapped again by SCOTUS.  Again, by keeping it "reasonable" to the average citizen, meaning no guns in prisons, state capitol, police stations, stadiums, the public and court would find it acceptable.  But they decide to go ultra extremist, which attracts the attention of the courts and the people.

As of December 2017 there were 0 active Handgun Carry Licenses issued to private citizens in Hawaii, out of a population of 1.4 million.

There is no such thing as a "liberal" or "conservative" justice, there's only judges that uphold the law or not.  The job of a justice is not to make up your own laws, but to interpret the laws as they are written, with possibly some legal leeway.  That's the reason for the 3 branches of government.  It is the duty of congress, elected by the people, to write the laws.  A 5th grader (hopefully) could tell you that.  The ONLY reason it isn't that simple is because this country is full of judges that tramples over the bounds of their legal powers.  Those judges should be fired and jailed.  Roe V Wade - even Ginsberg said that was a wrong legal decision.  Going WAY too far without the appropriate federal LEGISLATIVE action.
They have no reasonable wants. Because it wont stop. They take little by little and never ends. This is their goal and goal post moving level 9999

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

robtmc

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2022, 09:16:09 AM »
They have no reasonable wants.

There it is, they will not stop until you are defenseless.

They demand total obeisance to der state.

ren

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2022, 09:16:20 AM »
Deeds Not Words

groveler

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2022, 10:40:22 AM »
There it is, they will not stop until you are defenseless.

They demand total obeisance to der state.
They have some stupid idea that just because they made a law, that it must be obeyed.
British thought that of their American subjects.
Most modern USA governments think the same way.
We made the law and you must obey it.
We have a system that supposedly can correct that sort of thing when there is a wrong committed by the government.
It took 50 years to correct Roe V Wade in which the Federal government un-Constitutionally took over a states right.
It took 100 years to correct the Sullivan act in which the government took away a right specifically
mentioned in the Constitution as a individual right.
Justice delayed is not Justice at all.
I repudiate Hawaii government.
 >:D

QUIETShooter

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2022, 10:47:33 AM »
Note to self:  Avoid Chinatown if at all possible.

If no can, wear a hat and a raincoat.

and his district continues on the path of the abyss....crime is up...pigeon dropping are up https://www.kitv.com/news/business/a-pigeon-explosion-in-chinatown-has-business-owners-and-residents-concerned/article_55b0971c-ff49-11ec-854f-eba64a649d08.html

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.