4th of July Parade in Highland Park, IL, Interrupted by Shooting (Read 2726 times)

Flapp_Jackson

One report says at least 6 dead.

25 miles north of Chicago -- go figure.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

Re: 4th of July Parade in Highland Park, IL, Interrupted by Shooting
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 10:41:23 AM »
Family of 5 were among the dead.

Killer climbed a ladder and shot into the crowd from a building's rooftop.
-- Melvin Udall

QUIETShooter

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 07:28:44 PM »
Law enforcement knew about him.  I'm getting kinda sick of hearing the same old shit about these f**kn low life losers.  All of them were known to law enforcement.

I don't have all the answers but instead of spending tons of resources and money in banning firearms to law-abiding citizens how about we spend those resources in nipping it in the bud with LE having knowledge of these bastards.

Start there.  But the anti-gun nuts won't.  Because it's not about public safety.  They only say it is.

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Direjackalope

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 07:31:29 PM »
I'm not giving any of those vultures any clicks/ad revenue.  You guys will have to give me the cliff notes.  I assume his KKK robe was just at the cleaners?

robtmc

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 07:45:29 PM »
Law enforcement knew about him.  I'm getting kinda sick of hearing the same old shit about these f**kn low life losers.  All of them were known to law enforcement.
And useful cannon fodder for the gun grabbing leftists.

This clown is clearly a NRA member that voted for Trump.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 08:00:57 PM »
An obvious product of the gender and sexual behavior confusion being taught in schools now.

When you want to get noticed for being odd, the whole Extreme Left agenda is hard to compete with!  It's understandable going postal becomes an option.

This is why we need to force the government and media to put a lid on any mention of the name, motives, MO and social media posts of the "suspect".  How much you wanna bet this was a copycat event?  No specific motive, just wanted to make a name for itself.

I don't know, but that seems to be a likelihood with many young shooters.
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 08:04:02 PM »

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 08:31:49 AM »
Interesting and need to wait for more info.

For face value, he's at Trump events, so that would mean he's a Trump supporter.  But then again his style isn't your usual Trump supporter (goth, punk, emo), but more Antifa.  Then you have to add in that his style may be because he's an artist.  This would be the first not GOP leaning active shooter in a while.

I would like to know what priors he has since the PD had his mug shot, or is that a drivers license photo.

If we minus the parade shooting, death toll in Chiraq is 7 dead and 54 shot over the 3 day weekend, which is the normal.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022, 09:50:23 AM »
Interesting and need to wait for more info.

For face value, he's at Trump events, so that would mean he's a Trump supporter.  But then again his style isn't your usual Trump supporter (goth, punk, emo), but more Antifa.  Then you have to add in that his style may be because he's an artist.  This would be the first not GOP leaning active shooter in a while.

I would like to know what priors he has since the PD had his mug shot, or is that a drivers license photo.

If we minus the parade shooting, death toll in Chiraq is 7 dead and 54 shot over the 3 day weekend, which is the normal.

We need to get away from labeling evil and sick people who commit acts of violence as Left-wing or Right-wing.  In almost all cases, that's irrelevant.  Not everyone is a zealot for or against one political camp. This person didn't shoot up the US Capitol, a Federal Building, or any other Trump vs. Biden landmark.  He targeted innocent people lining the streets to watch an Independence Day Parade.

Who gives a lick WHAT party or President he liked?  The picture of him at a Trump rally dressed as Waldo (Where's Waldo?) doesn't say "Trump Supporter."  It says, "Look at me pretending to be a Trump supporter at his rally."

From his tats to his "music" and now his apparent lack of any motive for the shooting (so far), trying to draw lines to some political entity is premature.

The Left is great at immediately drawing those lines with zero evidence to back them up.  The first to say it usually gets the most people to listen.

We need to understand that being a Trump, Biden, Obama or Clinton voter/supporter is meaningless unless there's evidence (like a confession) that states the shooting was politically motivated.  But then you have to ask whether you can believe a deranged mass shooter.

'Nuff said.   :shaka:
-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 10:55:48 AM »
We need to be forgiving and tolerant to these people.
I say let them out of jail...after you tell the families of the victims the exact day, place and time that he will be released.

What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 11:00:43 AM »
I say let them out of jail...after you tell the families of the victims the exact day, place and time that he will be released.

I could see a closed "theme park" concept where all these mass shooters -- the ones still vertical when captured -- can be sent as part of a plea deal.  It would be similar to the Escape from New York environment.  Let them target each other rather than innocent bystanders and see how they like being the victim.

Of course, it would be on Pay-per-view, to offset the expenses.  Less cost to the tax payers as opposed to a life sentence and free medical care.
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 11:14:22 AM »
I used to write off people talking about the dangers of cannabis as more Reefer Madness, but recently I've started to pay more attention.

The strains and edibles are so strong that it's like elephant tranquilizer these days

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/he-was-an-isolated-stoner-who-completely/comments?utm_source=%2Fprofile%2F12729762-alex-berenson&utm_medium=reader2

“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022, 11:30:00 AM »
PD released a statement of their interaction with him in 2019. 1 was for suicide attempt, a mental health professional was called. 2nd was he threatened to kill everyone, so they took 16 knives he had away. No arrest made.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2022, 11:38:07 AM »
I used to write off people talking about the dangers of cannabis as more Reefer Madness, but recently I've started to pay more attention.

The strains and edibles are so strong that it's like elephant tranquilizer these days

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/he-was-an-isolated-stoner-who-completely/comments?utm_source=%2Fprofile%2F12729762-alex-berenson&utm_medium=reader2

If he's a stoner, he should not have been able to buy the gun legally.  I guess he LIED on the ATF 4473, meaning he broke Federal and State gun laws long before committing murder.  I guess since he was allowed to possess a firearm, there's no medical marijuana permit on record for him.

Damn! Aren't laws supposed to PREVENT crime?  {/sarc} 

Sometimes it's not the physical effects and addiction, but the psychological ones. Not everyone reacts the same way to the same chemicals they inhale or ingest.  Plus, over time, the tolerance he's acquired may mean he was using it more frequently and in larger quantities.  He apparently had the means to buy it, since he was 22 and made over $100K doing his music.

Many mentally ill people self-medicate, in part because they don't admit they need help or don't want to seek help due to embarrassment, ego, etc. So, they choose drugs and/or alcohol to "quiet their minds".

Based on the social media posts released, he's deeply disturbed. 

Since IL has red flag laws, and the signs were giant billboard-size with flashing lights, where were the people these laws expect will turn in these types of crazy people?

A petition can be filed by a family member, an interested third party, or by police
against an individual they believe to be an immediate and present danger to
themselves or others.
https://www.oflaherty-law.com/learn-about-law/illinois-red-flag-gun-law-explained-how-to-petition-to-remove-someones-firearm

Nobody?
Anybody?
Bueller?
Bueller?

Point:  If this person can exhibit the behavior he did, and not one person saw him as a potential threat to public safety, then how the hell will red flag laws stop anyone else? (Hint:  Laws don't stop crime, even if you make it a crime to not report someone before they commit a crime)
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2022, 11:42:26 AM »
PD released a statement of their interaction with him in 2019. 1 was for suicide attempt, a mental health professional was called. 2nd was he threatened to kill everyone, so they took 16 knives he had away. No arrest made.

And he was allowed to possess his guns legally.

This is the government in whose hands the anti-gun activists want us to place our trust and our lives.

It can't be any clearer.  More government (via laws) is NOT the solution.
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2022, 11:50:03 AM »
And he was allowed to possess his guns legally.

This is the government in whose hands the anti-gun activists want us to place our trust and our lives.

It can't be any clearer.  More government (via laws) is NOT the solution.

I'm sure the left will push red flag, unless Chiraq already has them. Cause you know, 3 years later, someone had no means of buying a gun legally and would have stayed red flagged for 3 years.

I found out from my friend who's from there that this is in Chicago.  You know the strict gun laws city.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2022, 12:39:54 PM »
I'm sure the left will push red flag, unless Chiraq already has them. Cause you know, 3 years later, someone had no means of buying a gun legally and would have stayed red flagged for 3 years.

I found out from my friend who's from there that this is in Chicago.  You know the strict gun laws city.

I posted a link already about Illinois' Red Flag Law:

https://www.oflaherty-law.com/learn-about-law/illinois-red-flag-gun-law-explained-how-to-petition-to-remove-someones-firearm

It was passed into law in 2019.

Hard for the Left to push for laws that already existed 3 years before the shooting ... although, that's never stopped them before!   :wacko: :geekdanc:
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2022, 01:15:23 PM »
I posted a link already about Illinois' Red Flag Law:

It was passed into law in 2019.

Hard for the Left to push for laws that already existed 3 years before the shooting ... although, that's never stopped them before!   :wacko: :geekdanc:

Thanks cause a FB acquaintance who was once ban all "assault rifles", is no ban all guns. Which I knew this would eventually happen. Which is why it's important that we do not give in to 1 banning of a type of gun. They will come for more.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2022, 07:41:30 PM »
Here's a good follow-up report.

Apparently a female witness saw him dropping something in a red blanket behind a Ross store.  That something turned out to be the rifle used.  Since he bought it legally, police were able to identify him quickly.

Thank goodness for stupid criminals.  Leaving a gun he legally purchased near the crime scene -- a gun that can be matched to the victims via ballistic tests -- was not bright.

His fingerprints are in the state firearms owners' database from when he applied for a Firearm Owner ID Card (FOID). Unless he was careful to not leave any, fingerprints on the weapon, LE could have identified him nearly as fast as running the gun's serial number.

See? Gun laws do work.  After 7 people were killed and many others wounded, Cops were able to find him about an hour after the shooting thanks to public assistance.  The Cops put out the shooter's info on TV and the Internet, and someone reported seeing the shooter's car.

He'll have lots of time now to perfect his art.  I bet the other inmates will love his rap -- and his red and green hair!

-- Melvin Udall

QUIETShooter

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2022, 05:49:29 AM »

I'm sure the families would love to have a "talk" with them.

News today said that Crimo's parents has retained the elite law services of the firm that represented that asshat R. Kelly or whoever he was.

Their son will be charged with 7 counts of First Degree Murder amongst some other charges.

Probably get life in prison?  What a waste of taxpayer money.

I like your idea better.  The families would probably agree also.  "Yes, I would like to have a talk with Mr. Crimo.  Let me have 10 minutes with him in this locked room".
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.