Comment Fire mission: Civil Beat (Read 964 times)

hvybarrels

Comment Fire mission: Civil Beat
« on: July 04, 2022, 11:23:03 AM »
So according to the comments the Good Guy With a Gun is a myth, Hawaii will be instantly transformed into Mogadishu, and we are all paranoid delusional fanatic bullies who are terrified of our own shadow.

The article may be controlled opposition with the intent to inflame the base and try to force politicians to do a NY-style end run around SCOTUS in a special session. Notice how the focus on open carry in the previous article was designed to kick the hornets nest?

What we do know for sure is that the Pols read the comments section, so bust out those email aliases and color within the lines so that we look like the responsible adults and they look like the paranoid safety fanatics spewing nonsense. 

https://www.civilbeat.org/2022/07/danny-de-gracia-trust-the-people-of-hawaii-to-carry-guns-responsibly/#comments
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 01:30:11 PM by hvybarrels »
"Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it."
-Joseph Stalin

hvybarrels

Re: Comment Fire mission: Civil Beat
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 04:32:40 PM »
I know it's frustrating when even your vanilla comments don't make it past the censors, and then you see a favorable 2a post with 12 likes that gets stripped down to 4. You're right it's not fair. This is manufacturing consent at it's worst.

But that means there is incredible support for our side that the media is desperately trying to cover up. Their propaganda machines are breaking. They are panicking.

Keep firing!

-Joseph Stalin

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 05:20:07 PM »
I posted 4-5 comments, most of them trying to persuade people to rethink their positions based on real facts, not just talking points and slogans
(not in those words -- tried to be precise and relevant).

I had one comment deleted.  The others took a really long time to be reviewed.  I think I have 1 or 2 still waiting.

The deleted comment may have had a few words in caps, which I do for emphasis rather than shouting.  That comment was deleted seconds after submission, so it had to be something like that.  Nobody could have reported it nor could someone else review it that fast.

So, re-read the standards for comments and be careful.  Sometimes it's not what you said, but how you tried to type it so the meaning was obvious.

:thumbsup: :shaka:
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

robtmc

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 07:13:26 PM »
For grins, one of you with a login should type up an anti-2A post and see how fast it gets approved and printed.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 11:11:13 PM »
Well, now.  Isn't this special?

I re-read the rules:
Please limit the number of times you comment per story so everyone has a chance to participate
without feeling like they are in the middle of an argument between just a few people.

Nice.  No limit is specified in the rules, but for me, they arbitrarily set it at "3".

Looks like I might need some more sock puppets ....   :geekdanc: :geekdanc: :geekdanc: :geekdanc: :geekdanc: :geekdanc: :geekdanc:
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

hvybarrels

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 12:12:42 AM »
They make up the rules as they go along, and they allow all sorts of name calling and personal attacks from the left but will ban us if we reply in kind. Usually it's against my personal code to use more than one account but they basically forced my hand by repeatedly suspending me for a week. I figure if half my comments never make it through then it's okay to use multiple accounts, especially when you have DNC mouth pieces straight up lying all the time and nobody is allowed to call them out on it.

It also depends who's working the comments. Some mods deny everything, mostly on the weekends. On weekdays sometimes I'm surprised on what makes it through.

What I did notice is that politicians are paying attention, and it's always interesting to see them spontaneously address points that were in the previous week's comments. A lot of swamp creatures live in a bubble and this is one of the few forums where they get a glimpse of what's going on in the outside world even though it's heavily edited.

There were some excellent comments from our side today btw.

-Joseph Stalin

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2022, 10:01:12 AM »
They make up the rules as they go along, and they allow all sorts of name calling and personal attacks from the left but will ban us if we reply in kind. Usually it's against my personal code to use more than one account but they basically forced my hand by repeatedly suspending me for a week. I figure if half my comments never make it through then it's okay to use multiple accounts, especially when you have DNC mouth pieces straight up lying all the time and nobody is allowed to call them out on it.

It also depends who's working the comments. Some mods deny everything, mostly on the weekends. On weekdays sometimes I'm surprised on what makes it through.

What I did notice is that politicians are paying attention, and it's always interesting to see them spontaneously address points that were in the previous week's comments. A lot of swamp creatures live in a bubble and this is one of the few forums where they get a glimpse of what's going on in the outside world even though it's heavily edited.

There were some excellent comments from our side today btw.

What bothers me most is that the commenters for the most part aren't bothering to read the posts that came before them.  I can't count how many of them trotted out the "Second Amendment only applies to a militia" argument.

I posted the counter argument to that, about how the right to keep and bear arms applies to "the people".  It doesn't say "the right of the militia to keep and bear arms."  But, people persisted every other post to repeat their misinterpretation over and over.

It's impossible to even have an honest and well-thought-out conversation with anyone due to the arbitrary post limit per person.

I've avoided most comment sections for all news orgs mainly on principle, but also due to the futility of the exercise.  In principle, I hate giving clicks to Left-leaning, Democrat-supporting "news rags".  They make money while banning the people who know more than the author of the article.  And there's little to no chance of changing anyone's mind who's reading and posting in the comments.  They "felt the need" to express an opinion, troll everyone, or call the people they don't like names. 

You're right about the standards enforcement.  One guy posted how anyone wanting to carry firearms is a "Barney Fife" who doesn't have the skills to safely us it in public (project much?).  Then he says they are all bullies and Rambo wannabes who are weak.  How is any of that not insulting and off-point?  It's pure character assassination aimed at one side of the argument.  Was his comment deleted?  Nope.

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 11:33:16 AM »
What bothers me most is that the commenters for the most part aren't bothering to read the posts that came before them.  I can't count how many of them trotted out the "Second Amendment only applies to a militia" argument.

I posted the counter argument to that, about how the right to keep and bear arms applies to "the people".  It doesn't say "the right of the militia to keep and bear arms."  But, people persisted every other post to repeat their misinterpretation over and over.

Their reply is due to the talking points that they're parroting.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022, 11:43:57 AM »
Their reply is due to the talking points that they're parroting.

Don't disparage actual parrots!  At least they aren't voting (yet).

hvybarrels

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 02:43:59 PM »
Don't disparage actual parrots!  At least they aren't voting (yet).

-Joseph Stalin

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 06:13:30 PM »
Here is the thing, Pierre is a leftist hypocrite. Him and his kids have been guarded with guns for years. He donated a ton of money to Punahou and as a result Punahou has hired Sheriffs to guard his kids at the school. This doesnt include a security team for his kids that are nearby.

Pierre basically censors everything on CB and creates fellowships and scholarships given to like-minded people and relatives of politicians. Trying to convince anyone on CB website of anything other than liberal politics is impossible. Sometimes it has decent reporting but most of the time its an echochamber. They also monitor IP addresses, so unless you are using a vpn, they can tell if you are using multiple accounts. If there are two things CB hates a lot its Guns and Hawaiians. Be rude with antigun and anti-Hawaiian comments and your comments will be approved. There is a reason most of CBs journalists have no ties to Hawaii.

A better angle is to respond to CB stories on Facebook. At least there is a little less moderation, but who knows.

hvybarrels

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 09:15:12 PM »
Here is the thing, Pierre is a leftist hypocrite. Him and his kids have been guarded with guns for years. He donated a ton of money to Punahou and as a result Punahou has hired Sheriffs to guard his kids at the school. This doesnt include a security team for his kids that are nearby.

Pierre basically censors everything on CB and creates fellowships and scholarships given to like-minded people and relatives of politicians. Trying to convince anyone on CB website of anything other than liberal politics is impossible. Sometimes it has decent reporting but most of the time its an echochamber. They also monitor IP addresses, so unless you are using a vpn, they can tell if you are using multiple accounts. If there are two things CB hates a lot its Guns and Hawaiians. Be rude with antigun and anti-Hawaiian comments and your comments will be approved. There is a reason most of CBs journalists have no ties to Hawaii.

A better angle is to respond to CB stories on Facebook. At least there is a little less moderation, but who knows.

Interesting to know about Pierre and Punahou. Thanks for that.

The goal is not to win the argument on CB but to put a crack in the echo chamber so that politicians who read it think twice. If nobody speaks up they will assume it's a mandate.

Also it's great if you can get a leftist to melt down into pathologically lies and start calling you names.

They think they are winning but really they just discredit themselves to anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size.
-Joseph Stalin

groveler

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2022, 03:48:41 AM »
So according to the comments the Good Guy With a Gun is a myth, Hawaii will be instantly transformed into Mogadishu, and we are all paranoid delusional fanatic bullies who are terrified of our own shadow.

The article may be controlled opposition with the intent to inflame the base and try to force politicians to do a NY-style end run around SCOTUS in a special session. Notice how the focus on open carry in the previous article was designed to kick the hornets nest?

What we do know for sure is that the Pols read the comments section, so bust out those email aliases and color within the lines so that we look like the responsible adults and they look like the paranoid safety fanatics spewing nonsense. 

https://www.civilbeat.org/2022/07/danny-de-gracia-trust-the-people-of-hawaii-to-carry-guns-responsibly/#comments
Good article.
I can't comment over there, they banned me twice.
Once for a comment challenging Man caused Global warming and another for a comment challenging the EPA.
I don't bother with them anymore.
"they look like the paranoid safety fanatics spewing nonsense"
You presume that our politicians are capable of seeing that their voters already appear to be just that.
 :wacko:

hvybarrels

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2022, 02:08:47 AM »
It does take patience and persistence. You'll never get the satisfaction of winning an argument because they simply won't allow it.
What you can do is introduce doubt and let it play merry havoc with their State-as-Religion belief system.
When the hardcore libs get nasty you know you've scored a hit.

And a VPN is always advised
-Joseph Stalin

changemyoil66

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2022, 09:57:22 AM »
It does take patience and persistence. You'll never get the satisfaction of winning an argument because they simply won't allow it.
What you can do is introduce doubt and let it play merry havoc with their State-as-Religion belief system.

It also lets others know that they are not alone.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2022, 11:32:50 AM »

Most browsers have a "Private Window" feature that helps mask your info.  Short of a VPN, but adequate for this scenario.