Beware of Spammer Scammers Contacting You About Giveaways on Gun YT Channels (Read 383 times)

Flapp_Jackson

I've seen at least 2 gun/2A channels saying they've been hijacked.  Some scammers are using their channel name to inform email and text recipients they've won a prize -- anything from a holster to a firearm.

They also request you send them a Gift Card (BIG HONKING RED FLAG IT'S A SCAM!) to cover the cost of shipping, handling, taxes and whatever else.

Most people still on here aren't this gullible, but sometimes it's good to know so you can tell others.

Now, excuse me.  I just won a new Shotgun from Guns & Gadgets and need to run an errand.   :geekdanc: :thumbsup:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

"calculated risk"...

I've seen at least 2 gun/2A channels saying they've been hijacked.  Some scammers are using their channel name to inform email and text recipients they've won a prize -- anything from a holster to a firearm.

They also request you send them a Gift Card (BIG HONKING RED FLAG IT'S A SCAM!) to cover the cost of shipping, handling, taxes and whatever else.

Most people still on here aren't this gullible, but sometimes it's good to know so you can tell others.

Now, excuse me.  I just won a new Shotgun from Guns & Gadgets and need to run an errand.   :geekdanc: :thumbsup:

changemyoil66

Paypal

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk