FBI: Journalist may have commited crime in reporting information (Read 3097 times)

GZire

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20130520_FBI__Journalist_may_have_commited_crime_in_reporting_information.html?id=208238571

The summary:
State Department adviser Stephen Kim leaks information to James Rosen, the chief Washington correspondent for Fox News. Kim is getting charged and Rosen is named as a co-conspirator in a search warrant.

Bunker

Re: FBI: Journalist may have commited crime in reporting information
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:56:09 AM »
Kim should get strung up...he is the one with the government clearance and knows what level sensitive info is classified. Rosen has no "clearance" and "need to know". So the question really is was Rosen just doing his job and what prevents him for disclosure of information obtained, so long as he did not obtain it illegally, but then again this may fall into the area of obtaining it illegally. I don't know what laws or official guidelines are required for reporters who obtain information, if any. He could have ratted on Kim if he knew he provided him with classified information that he is not authorized to have but a reporter would never do that. What I do know for sure is Kim should be terminated from the government and criminally tried for his actions.

GZire

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 10:25:22 AM »
I agree Kim should get charged.

Charging or calling a journalist a co-conspirator however is a slippery slope.  Journalists and 1A plays a huge role in keeping the Govt honest.

Cougar8045

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 03:37:57 PM »
I agree Kim should get charged.

Charging or calling a journalist a co-conspirator however is a slippery slope.  Journalists and 1A plays a huge role in keeping the Govt honest.
This.  If the journalist didn't break into some building somewhere and steal the information, he should be free to print it.  Of course, I'm a fan of the Constitution, so that might explain why I'm so out of step with the current administration.
I'm just a fluffy white bunny rabbit who lost his way. 

"If a thief be found breaking in, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. ..."  -Exodus 22:2

kevlar

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 07:08:22 PM »
This is nothing more than the Obama regime trying to shut up news sources that won't toe the line like MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc. Holder should be prosecuted for this garbage.

michalebsdad

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 07:34:18 PM »
I am kind of happy that the current administration is attacking the 1st Amendment...ONLY because maybe now people will see that he doesn't just want to grab our guns. He wants to re-write the Constitution to fit his twisted plans for our country.