Empty Holster Protest (Read 28894 times)

Dumbgun

Empty Holster Protest
« on: December 22, 2015, 02:54:41 PM »
Had some errands to do. So i thought i would get some protesting in.

1. Bought flowers for my graves.
2. Put flowers on my parents graves
3. Went shopping at Costco.
4. Had coffee at Starbucks.

Wore a holster and nobody noticed or commented. Probably because there was no pistol. If I can find my tanker holster I'll protest with that. More noticeable.

Dumbgun

Re: Empty Holster Protest
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 02:58:17 PM »
Had some errands to do. So i thought i would get some protesting in.

1. Bought flowers for my graves.
2. Put flowers on my parents graves
3. Went shopping at Costco.
4. Had coffee at Starbucks.

Wore a holster and nobody noticed or commented. Probably because there was no pistol. If I can find my tanker holster I'll protest with that. More noticeable.
Sorry, I am not computer inclined. Pictures was posted up right from phone to computer. Don't know why the orientation got screwed up. Just tilt your head.

Drakiir84

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 03:03:11 PM »
Nice Flojos.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

Dumbgun

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 04:07:23 PM »
Nice Flojos.
Teva. Gave up slippas. These suckers is crazy comfortable.

Heavies

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 05:14:11 PM »
I did this before.  Carried my empty holster all over, in stores, Mcd's, gas station, and other places.....  Can you guess where I was scolded about it?????

dustoff003

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 05:16:58 PM »

I did this before.  Carried my empty holster all over, in stores, Mcd's, gas station, and other places.....  Can you guess where I was scolded about it?????
at home by mrs. heavies?

Heavies

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 06:15:33 PM »
at home by mrs. heavies?
:rofl:  Negative....   Here's a hint....  The one place where you would think you would wear a holster....

djsmiles808

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 06:27:46 PM »
:rofl:  Negative....   Here's a hint....  The one place where you would think you would wear a holster....
range? Hpd?

dirtylickins

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 06:29:04 PM »
Hmmmm. One of two would be my guess.... 1st go would be the Range... or two a LGS. :crazy:

Heavies

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 06:32:54 PM »
range? Hpd?
BINGO!   :thumbsup:

I was at the silly side. I had my rig on just to use the mag holders, left the holster on, never holstered my weapon....  Got scolded.  Said didn't want people to get the wrong idea. ??? (what 'wrong idea' is that?)   OK, no prob, I never argue with the range master, so I removed my holster....

GZire

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 06:34:42 PM »
Nice Flojos.

You know you're a blala when you where slippahs and socks.............. :wave:

Heavies

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 06:35:47 PM »
What knife are you running? 

Dumbgun

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 02:30:35 AM »
What knife are you running?
Boker plus on one side of blade and COYE on other. Funny, my family and kaiser ER is the only ones who ask me not to wear it. Yet are the first ones to ask to use it. I don't trust folders and was the most  harmless fixed I could find.

Dumbgun

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 02:43:22 AM »

You know you're a blala when you where slippahs and socks.............. :wave:
Im a free man who does who what he wants within the confines of established law. I care not what others think of my dress or style. I wear the socks to keep crap out of my toes, I wear the sandals because there comfortable. I won't spend money on clothing because they are in style/fashionable or what others say I should be wearing. I don't wear clothes with brand names displayed. Why should I pay for advertising some other person/company brand. Enriching them. Im sure your joking. But people telling me I should fit in and do what they do, reallllllly. Gets me going.

GZire

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 02:22:04 PM »
Im a free man who does who what he wants within the confines of established law. I care not what others think of my dress or style. I wear the socks to keep crap out of my toes, I wear the sandals because there comfortable. I won't spend money on clothing because they are in style/fashionable or what others say I should be wearing. I don't wear clothes with brand names displayed. Why should I pay for advertising some other person/company brand. Enriching them. Im sure your joking. But people telling me I should fit in and do what they do, reallllllly. Gets me going.

I am joking, but with this explanation I considered poking the bear/hornets nest again. ;)

Heavies

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »
Boker plus on one side of blade and COYE on other. Funny, my family and kaiser ER is the only ones who ask me not to wear it. Yet are the first ones to ask to use it. I don't trust folders and was the most  harmless fixed I could find.
Sorry to hijack your thread, but how do you like it?  How does it hold an edge? Been looking for a good fixed.  I use my knives heavily, and I need a pretty tough knife.  I need to cut through many tough materials quite often, and it is difficult to find a good knife at a reasonable price. I don't want to spend $2-300 on a knife that is going to be used so very severely.  I had been considering the Bradford Guardian, but your Boker Plus looks like a good value.

Dumbgun

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 05:55:12 PM »
Sorry to hijack your thread, but how do you like it?  How does it hold an edge? Been looking for a good fixed.  I use my knives heavily, and I need a pretty tough knife.  I need to cut through many tough materials quite often, and it is difficult to find a good knife at a reasonable price. I don't want to spend $2-300 on a knife that is going to be used so very severely.  I had been considering the Bradford Guardian, but your Boker Plus looks like a good value.
Got it For $60.00 plus. I use it almost daily for minor cutting. Takes edge pretty good, But, I have not torture tested it. The handle is kind of small for me. Thats why I carry it butt first in the reverse grip position. When I grab it traditional style not enough surface for my hand to employ for heavy cutting. Chopping is out. Basically I use it as a pen knife. Easy to carry and access. And if need be. Present for self defense. Slash and jab. Primary purpose for me was a displayable, useable tool Relatively cheap in case I have to use it for SD. My preferred blade is a USMC Kbar. have had mine since 1987. Cost me $30.00 bucks at twenty nine palms PX. I don't proclaim myself an expert, Just your above average know it all.

Dumbgun

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 06:12:54 PM »
I found my tanker/shoulder holster will be protesting and trying to spread the good word at stadium mall starbucks. I will be there from 1200pm-1245pm. I then have to go to work. Look for the handsome guy wearing a black leather shoulder holster. will get coffee and try to get outside table. I am a smoker, Marlboro reds short. So I can walk the 20ft away to smoke easier. I invite those who can make it to show support and stand up for your rights, or just sit and complain about not having those rights. Baker took the biggest stand for us, stand for him now. Let him know that we are out there and we are backing him.

Place:          Stadium mall starbucks.
Date:           12/24/15
Time:          1200pm-1245pm

For the comics, No I am not buying. I can barely afford me. No assault/tactical vests. Thats a bit much.

Semper Fi.

Aiea78

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Grab em by the handles
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 11:50:19 PM »
this is awesome :)   I dig the spirit.  my old neighbor Steve used to do this after Harvey Milk was assassinated and Feinstein started her whole gun ban schtick.  He carried a screwdriver in his old WWII leather holster and told anyone who'd listen it was the same as a gun they were both tools.  He was the Clark Gable of the neighborhood, his spitting image. All us kids looked up to him.  Now it's our turn to uphold the 2A.
Assault Rifle? What I have here is an Anti-Assault Rifle.
Proud Member 2016 2a Day Dozen open holster carry crew yo

suka

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 11:53:40 PM »