All Hail, Diablo! (Read 301 times)

Flapp_Jackson

All Hail, Diablo!
« on: March 26, 2024, 09:00:05 PM »
I found out the lifetime guarantee for Freud/Diablo saw blades is the real deal.

Had a slight kick-back while cutting a 1/4" thick piece of polycarbonate/plastic. The blade lost one entire tooth down to the main part of the blade, and 3 lost their carbide teeth.

I contacted Diablo through their website form, and a rep, Jennifer, replied in less than a day.  She asked for a description of what happened, and then asked for photos of the blade, my miter saw, and the piece that caused the kick-back.

The next day, she emailed a UPS label for me to return the blade and the damaged workpiece for them to examine, and then shipped out a replacement via UPS due to arrive next week.

Great customer service.  They stand behind their warranty, and the replacement process was quick and easy.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

ren

Re: All Hail, Diablo!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 09:26:45 PM »
cool stry bro
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 12:23:43 AM »
cool stry bro

Yeah.  I probably would have never thought to contact them had I not read a similar story from someone else.  He was convinced he was the likely cause of the blade damage because of something he did wrong, yet the company was only concerned with gathering information for quality control and possible improvement.  They sent him a replacement with no hesitation at all.

I guess I'm hoping this helps someone else if they ever damage a Freud or Diablo product that carries that lifetime warranty.  Many of their blades are not cheap!

-- Melvin Udall

Rocky

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 01:04:46 PM »
I found out the lifetime guarantee for Freud/Diablo saw blades is the real deal.

Had a slight kick-back while cutting a 1/4" thick piece of polycarbonate/plastic. The blade lost one entire tooth down to the main part of the blade, and 3 lost their carbide teeth.

I contacted Diablo through their website form, and a rep, Jennifer, replied in less than a day.  She asked for a description of what happened, and then asked for photos of the blade, my miter saw, and the piece that caused the kick-back.

The next day, she emailed a UPS label for me to return the blade and the damaged workpiece for them to examine, and then shipped out a replacement via UPS due to arrive next week.

Great customer service.  They stand behind their warranty, and the replacement process was quick and easy.

Good thing you weren't cutting a 4' x 8' piece !  :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 01:51:14 PM »
Good thing you weren't cutting a 4' x 8' piece !  :rofl:

The replacement blade arrived today.  Coincidentally, I also received an email from UPS my damaged blade was delivered to Diablo today, too.

All I lost was a 1" x 8" section that was my off-cut anyway.  The piece was damaged a little beyond where I planned the cut, so my intended 5-1/2" piece is only 4-3/4" wide now.

I can count my blessings, since I still have all my digits.  Not complaining!

-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 02:21:45 AM »
I realized I didn't post the blade info.

Model:  D1084L

10" - 84 tooth Miter Saw blade for laminates & non-ferrous metals.

Cuts laminate, brass, copper, aluminum, plastic, fiberglass.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DIABLO-10in-x-84-Teeth-Laminate-and-Non-Ferrous-Metal-Saw-Blade-D1084L/100660707#overlay
-- Melvin Udall