Rally Point (Read 11519 times)

hvybarrels

Rally Point
« on: January 08, 2021, 02:30:13 PM »
Trump has been permanently suspended from Twitter and conservatives are being purged from social media and the internet, book deals, jobs, etc. Even Apple is trying to remove Parler from the app store today unless they implement draconian new speech policies.

There is a very real possibility internet service providers could also become part of the purge as well. If this site goes down where do we rally?

Ham radio net? Email/Phone list? Meeting regularly IRL?

I just got a message from one of my industry heads talking about the "terrorist attacks" and everyone who supported trump or believes the election is rigged should be punished. We might have to turn into one of those secret societies with handshakes and passwords very soon.

Up for suggestions.

“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

omnigun

Re: Rally Point
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 02:41:54 PM »
This is unfortunate, while I think Trump is a dumbass and says stupid things,  its his danm American right to do so.  This has implications on free speech.  Big tech has gone too far.  I gave them some leeway but this is too much.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 02:45:07 PM »
Trump has been permanently suspended from Twitter and conservatives are being purged from social media and the internet, book deals, jobs, etc. Even Apple is trying to remove Parler from the app store today unless they implement draconian new speech policies.

There is a very real possibility internet service providers could also become part of the purge as well. If this site goes down where do we rally?

Ham radio net? Email/Phone list? Meeting regularly IRL?

I just got a message from one of my industry heads talking about the "terrorist attacks" and everyone who supported trump or believes the election is rigged should be punished. We might have to turn into one of those secret societies with handshakes and passwords very soon.

Up for suggestions.

This is what the Left means by "Unity."  Everyone must agree with the ONE party line (in unison) or be punished.

The party of tolerance has never demonstrated tolerance for anyone opposing their policies.

I saw that a new member of Congress (self-proclaimed new member of the "Squad") is drafting a resolution to expel all GOP members of Congress if they supported Trump's challenge of the election, calling them all traitors.

Meanwhile, in 2017 ...

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 02:48:19 PM »
This is unfortunate, while I think Trump is a dumbass and says stupid things,  its his danm American right to do so.  This has implications on free speech.  Big tech has gone too far.  I gave them some leeway but this is too much.

You said Big Tech can do whatever they want -- private companies are not governed by 1A Free Speech rights.  Nowhere in the Constitution is it an "American Right" to post on Twitter.

Now they have gone too far?  Maybe this is the result of allowing them to start  down this path and ignoring the obvious, logical outcome.

People like you giving them "leeway" is what enabled and encouraged them to do exactly this.

We warned you, but you were too smart to listen.
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 02:50:59 PM »
Another issue is that our open forum offers ample opportunity to be infiltrated by HPD Stasi, ATF, Antifa or other related groups posing as allies in order to derail the conversations. Red flag laws mean it is becoming less safe to hang out on a public forum as exercising our first amendment rights can now be used as a justification to take away our second.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

omnigun

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 03:21:47 PM »
You said Big Tech can do whatever they want -- private companies are not governed by 1A Free Speech rights.  Nowhere in the Constitution is it an "American Right" to post on Twitter.

Now they have gone too far?  Maybe this is the result of allowing them to start  down this path and ignoring the obvious, logical outcome.

People like you giving them "leeway" is what enabled and encouraged them to do exactly this.

They have a right to add disclaimers, fact check etc.  But to summerly ban the president of the USA is too far in moderation.  There is always a gray area, I still believe they also have the free speech right.  But whos free speech matters more is the question.  They are a private company but also parade themselves as a public forum.  So I believe there must be some equality between both peoples right to free speech.  Disclaimers, fact checks etc is a good middle ground.  Banning people isn't. 

ren

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 03:36:00 PM »
Deeds Not Words

luckydog1

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 03:55:41 PM »
Capitol riot and deaths have given the Left the moral justice to over reach as usual.  In this clip of the retired Air Force woman being shot point blank by the "capitol police" she was clearly not armed and at the time was surrounded by police in the line of fire.  The clip is long so skip to the 34 minute mark. Give me your description and assessment of the shooter please.  Warning, may be too graphic for the pussies.  When will politicians and the media stop lying to us?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfiS8MsfSF4&feature=youtu.be

luckydog1

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 03:58:40 PM »
Sorry about the link.  Please try a few times to freeze the frame.  You will be astounded I was.

aieahound

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 04:21:44 PM »
In this clip of the retired Air Force woman being shot point blank by the "capitol police" she was clearly not armed and at the time was surrounded by police in the line of fire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfiS8MsfSF4&feature=youtu.be

FAWK ! She’s literally standing next to cops. :wacko:

But you’re right. This event gave them their moral justice in the eyes of the mass public.

Kuleana

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 04:42:52 PM »
Capitol riot and deaths have given the Left the moral justice to over reach as usual.  In this clip of the retired Air Force woman being shot point blank by the "capitol police" she was clearly not armed and at the time was surrounded by police in the line of fire.  The clip is long so skip to the 34 minute mark. Give me your description and assessment of the shooter please.  Warning, may be too graphic for the pussies.  When will politicians and the media stop lying to us?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfiS8MsfSF4&feature=youtu.be
The video brings to mind the storming of the Bastille, at the dawn, of the French Revolution.  May be there were Antifa present, but the majority of people I saw were not mindless Trump zealots, but the remanence of the American Republic making a stand, at their own national capital, to take their nation back, from the US Imperialists.  As a Hawaiian working for the de-occupation of Hawaii, by the US empire, I shed a tear for that young woman, who was shot, by a frightened coward, hiding in the shadows.

THAT WILL BE THE SHOT THAT WAS HEARD AROUND THE WORLD IN THE 21ST CENTURY.

So it begins; the final chapter of the US empire.

So much the better...

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 04:43:26 PM »

So, the Cops standing 6 inches from the protestors didn't feel threatened to the point of drawing their firearms, yet someone behind barricaded doors felt the need to fire a weapon because one person was almost past the barricade?

Outside the barricade -- not a threat.  Inside the barricade -- threat.

The person firing was NOT in immediate danger.  How do we know?  Because other Cops standing in front of the barricaded doors were not harmed, nor did they draw their guns.  In fact, they calmly moved aside to let the protestors past them. 

I don't see a justification of self-defense in this video.
-- Melvin Udall

aletheuo137

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2021, 04:47:41 PM »

It's pointless!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2021, 04:51:48 PM »
It's pointless!

No longer trying to teach that pig how to sing.  Just critiquing his performance.   :geekdanc:
-- Melvin Udall

QUIETShooter

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2021, 04:58:31 PM »
I'm thinking that f*ckn coward hiding behind the barricade was not a Capitol Police officer.

I'm thinking Secret Service.  WTF was he thinking?  Maybe, just maybe that barricade was the line drawn in the sand.  Protocol calls for any unauthorized person passing that line is a threat and will be shot.  I dunno.

And what was she thinking?  That guy clearly had a bead on her for a while.  Why didn't she back off?  Maybe she didn't see him in the excitement.

What a tragedy.   :(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 05:04:31 PM by QUIETShooter »
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 05:01:41 PM »
Now we see why sec 230 was so important to be removed. All these companies are immune from lawsuits. So they got the best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

omnigun

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 05:07:00 PM »
So, the Cops standing 6 inches from the protestors didn't feel threatened to the point of drawing their firearms, yet someone behind barricaded doors felt the need to fire a weapon because one person was almost past the barricade?

Outside the barricade -- not a threat.  Inside the barricade -- threat.

The person firing was NOT in immediate danger.  How do we know?  Because other Cops standing in front of the barricaded doors were not harmed, nor did they draw their guns.  In fact, they calmly moved aside to let the protestors past them. 

No self defense,  there were protected vips behind that barricade.  That's his job to keep them safe.  Just like if you run at the president be prepared to be shot.

Kuleana

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 05:11:37 PM »
Well Flapp, you should very much know that the government usually does not prosecute one of their own.  Not only do I predict that coward not see any jail time, but might be given a medal, for his heroic acts in defense, of the imperial Congress.

Please see:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tw1K_UT1Ss&has_verified=1&bpctr=1610163348

Kuleana

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 05:15:44 PM »
And what was she thinking?  That guy clearly had a bead on her for a while.  Why didn't she back off?  Maybe she didn't see him in the excitement.
Or she was committed to fighting, for the restoration, of the American Republic.  Something she was willing to take a bullet for, in the process.

changemyoil66

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2021, 05:20:31 PM »
Well Flapp, you should very much know that the government usually does not prosecute one of their own.  Not only do I predict that coward not see any jail time, but might be given a medal, for his heroic acts in defense, of the imperial Congress.

Please see:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tw1K_UT1Ss&has_verified=1&bpctr=1610163348
Hes also black, so that helps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk