10 LESSONS FROM VENEZUELA THAT THE US WILL HAVE TO LEARN THE HARD WAY (Read 1493 times)

macsak

groveler

Re: 10 LESSONS FROM VENEZUELA THAT THE US WILL HAVE TO LEARN THE HARD WAY
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 07:55:43 AM »

All good stuff.
Item 7 referring to "Black markets" is the only one I would question.
Not every law or tax is good.  I have no moral problems with gun running, Moonshine
production, most(not all!) illicit drugs smuggling, Fireworks,
cars and trucks( not meeting Federal standards), Food( eg. raw milk),
to name a few.
So all "Black markets" are not bad in my mind.
When government taxation and over regulation, becomes the enemy as
it has in Hawaii ( for those of us not employed by government), alternatives
will rise up and cash will be king.
 :worship:

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 01:46:19 PM »
Many college students who want free stuff should live there and work instead of parents paying for their time there. 

RSN172

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 04:28:40 PM »
I had 4 friends from Venezuela stay at my house in Kailua for a week in 2014.  They spent almost all the money they had at Macy's on higher end stuff. They told me their money would be worth 20% less by the time they went home.  This was a way for them to counter the rapid inflation.   He said no one there saves money any more.

MassConfusion

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 02:33:23 PM »
Read through this thread the other day and thought it was interesting. Its sort of a cross topic but I think if you take what she says at face value it could be informative.
Not going to say if she is there for her own personal gain / grift, I'll leave that for you to decide on your own.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetsilver/comments/mdsicz/i_live_in_venezuela_where_you_can_buy_silver_with/
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
 “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” ― Mark Twain

Inspector

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 03:23:14 AM »
[snip]
Great video Mac, thanks!

I have been in talks with some family members. We are talking about going in together to buy a piece of land and turn it into a family compound. A place where some members of our family can go to escape some forms of government tyranny and possible bad actors if SHTF. We are looking at land that we can drill our own well or have naturally running water. We are planning solar, diesel generator and our own biodiesel production. We are tactically planning placement of containers and storage as well as living quarters. Roads and maintenance discussions are ongoing.

The big issues we are running into is location and sewage disposal. We have narrowed it down to northern AZ and southern UT. We have some other issues we are dealing with. If anyone has any questions or want to discuss our plans, let me know and I’ll start a new thread for it.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!