Announcement 9mm & 5.56 in stock (Read 17394 times)

aieahound

Re: Announcement 9mm & 5.56 in stock
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2021, 01:23:36 PM »
When I go back to around 2013 posts here, X-Ring is in most people's lists of best LGS to spend your money with.

They had Speedy then.

zhuzhits

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2021, 05:18:26 AM »
They had Speedy then.

Yeah, he was cool. Anybody know what happened to him?

aaronc5362

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2021, 07:02:35 PM »
Also, you get cash-back rebates the more you shop at the warehouses.

Anyway, the point is, there is a financial benefit to being a Sam's or Costco member.  With X-Ring, I just don't see any added value for the customer to pay for a membership.

Having said that, I do know there are laws that allow certain businesses to operate as a member's only club.  Not sure what the advantages are, but I remember needing to join Pets Discount Warehouse to shop there.  I just checked Dog Trainer on the application, and got my membership card.  No membership fee!!

Agreed. The cash back is awesome at sams. The amount i spend, i save on avg, 40-60  bucks a week at sams rather than walmart. Since walmart doesnt charge memebership each item i get is 1 to 2 dollars more. And tbh the amount i spend yearly, the cash back i get pays my membership and more. So it pretty good.

Anyways, i also went there once and couldnt buy anything so i sat outside when my friends shopped. And tbh i think they were just there for the girl. Lol. Dont recall if they bought anything or not.

changemyoil66

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2021, 11:43:59 AM »
Yeah, he was cool. Anybody know what happened to him?

Does anyone know what happened to Wayne? He disappeared from here and FB.

6716J

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2021, 01:02:19 PM »

:rofl:
he may have had enough berating from the 2A world of Hawaii on why does X-Ding not answer questions and provides such crappy service at a "reduced" price
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2021, 01:14:21 PM »

he may have had enough berating from the 2A world of Hawaii on why does X-Ding not answer questions and provides such crappy service at a "reduced" price

People wanting to be a professional social media influencer better have thick skin!   :geekdanc:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2021, 01:29:53 PM »

Thinking he was a sacrificial lamb to stir up discussion.  Even if bad press, brought them back into relevancy. . . notice how he was initially chiming in every so often.  Entered the next "news cycle". . .

DeejayTTHawaii

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2021, 01:49:22 PM »
They buttered us up prior to their range opening with things like being able to use our own ammo, which they never did.

They use unfortunate events like COVID to try and squeeze every single dollar out of us with their ridiculous price inflation. And they don’t give people the respect to even respond back lol.

Why would any of us want to support a business like this? I can’t believe they don’t see this lol. I stick to giving my business to stores that actually give a damn to create and keep relationships with us, their customers (SEC, OGC, Young Guns etc...).

:shaka:
Give them nothing. But take from them, everything

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2021, 03:43:11 PM »
They buttered us up prior to their range opening with things like being able to use our own ammo, which they never did.

They use unfortunate events like COVID to try and squeeze every single dollar out of us with their ridiculous price inflation. And they don’t give people the respect to even respond back lol.

Why would any of us want to support a business like this? I can’t believe they don’t see this lol. I stick to giving my business to stores that actually give a damn to create and keep relationships with us, their customers (SEC, OGC, Young Guns etc...).

:shaka:

Yep.  Instead of listening to the shooting community and looking for compromises, their business model appears to be nothing more than "If you don't like it, f*ck you!"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 12:46:44 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

DocMercy

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2021, 11:43:37 AM »
I thought the membership fee was a one-time charge. This was relayed to me by two guys who were waiting on the gun registration line at HPD in September. One of these guys swears by X-ring, and he does not look like an owner or employee. Look, a lot of people who live in west Oahu do not have time to visit KHSC. Gas is not cheap. My regular gun shops do not have 6.5 Creedmoor inventory, and this has been the case for months. If X-ring has 10 or more boxes, then they should post this information. That would be a positive.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2021, 12:41:33 PM »
I thought the membership fee was a one-time charge. This was relayed to me by two guys who were waiting on the gun registration line at HPD in September. One of these guys swears by X-ring, and he does not look like an owner or employee. Look, a lot of people who live in west Oahu do not have time to visit KHSC. Gas is not cheap. My regular gun shops do not have 6.5 Creedmoor inventory, and this has been the case for months. If X-ring has 10 or more boxes, then they should post this information. That would be a positive.

There is the membership fee, and there is the "subscription" fee.  Have to pay both.

The lifetime membership is $29.99, PLUS you have to choose one of the following:

(1)  $20 "Daily" Range Fee -- discounted LE and Military: $15 .  That's good for 1 day at the range PER PERSON, not per lane.  Firearm rentals not included with day rates.

(2)  $49/month and get unlimited use of the paper target lanes and complimentary rental of basic handguns and rifles. 
That's the annual payment price.  If you pay monthly, it'll cost you $69/month.

(3)  $79/month and get lane use plus basic and "Black Label" firearm rentals included. 
Again, that's the annual payment price.  If you pay monthly, it's $99/month.

Add to that your targets and ammo -- must be purchased from the range.  Any ammo you don't fire goes home with you .... but you can't bring it back to use!  Sometimes they are out of the caliber you want/need, so you can't shoot even though you may have paid the regular or VIP monthly subscription on top of the $29.99 membership.

Firearm rentals are $20 for handguns, $25 for rifles.  Black label/Premium firearm rentals are $35.  I assume that's for the duration of your range time vs. hourly, since there's nothing stated on the webpage I can see.

These prices came straight from their website.  There's a chance the prices are not current if the site hasn't been updated with current prices.

I live in Mililani, and I have never been shooting there.  I'm used to mainland indoor ranges that charge $3-$5 per hour, let me bring my own ammo and targets, and often let me go for 1-2 hours more for free if I want if they aren't busy.  They check for steel tip ammo with a magnet, and require factory loads only.  That's about it.  Some of them have monthly and annual memberships with varying prices depending on how often you shoot. 

None of the mainland ranges I used went above $100/year for unlimited use memberships, because they know you'll eventually buy ammo, targets and rent firearms to try.  I'm sure they make a lot of firearms sales to range visitors, too.  The last range I used in NC cost me $5 for 2 hours shooting and 2 large silhouette targets -- no membership fee required, and I used my own factory ammo.  I just had to watch a range orientation and safety video for 10 minutes.  Most ranges collect your spent brass to resale and reload to sell.  It's one way they keep the prices down.

A few years ago, I visited "The" Palmetto State Armory (PSA) range and gun store in SC.  It happened to be Memorial Day weekend -- unlimited free range time the whole weekend to the public.  The ammo I purchased was cheaper than bulk prices in Hawaii.  And the range was super clean, brightly lit, and very modern.  I spent maybe $2 for targets -- ammo would have  been $15 per 50rd box for 9mm, but I used my own since I had it with me.

-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2022, 04:38:08 PM »
There is the membership fee, and there is the "subscription" fee.  Have to pay both.

The lifetime membership is $29.99, PLUS you have to choose one of the following:

(1)  $20 "Daily" Range Fee -- discounted LE and Military: $15 .  That's good for 1 day at the range PER PERSON, not per lane.  Firearm rentals not included with day rates.

(2)  $49/month and get unlimited use of the paper target lanes and complimentary rental of basic handguns and rifles. 
That's the annual payment price.  If you pay monthly, it'll cost you $69/month.

(3)  $79/month and get lane use plus basic and "Black Label" firearm rentals included. 
Again, that's the annual payment price.  If you pay monthly, it's $99/month.

Add to that your targets and ammo -- must be purchased from the range.  Any ammo you don't fire goes home with you .... but you can't bring it back to use!  Sometimes they are out of the caliber you want/need, so you can't shoot even though you may have paid the regular or VIP monthly subscription on top of the $29.99 membership.

Firearm rentals are $20 for handguns, $25 for rifles.  Black label/Premium firearm rentals are $35.  I assume that's for the duration of your range time vs. hourly, since there's nothing stated on the webpage I can see.

These prices came straight from their website.  There's a chance the prices are not current if the site hasn't been updated with current prices.

I live in Mililani, and I have never been shooting there.  I'm used to mainland indoor ranges that charge $3-$5 per hour, let me bring my own ammo and targets, and often let me go for 1-2 hours more for free if I want if they aren't busy.  They check for steel tip ammo with a magnet, and require factory loads only.  That's about it.  Some of them have monthly and annual memberships with varying prices depending on how often you shoot. 

None of the mainland ranges I used went above $100/year for unlimited use memberships, because they know you'll eventually buy ammo, targets and rent firearms to try.  I'm sure they make a lot of firearms sales to range visitors, too.  The last range I used in NC cost me $5 for 2 hours shooting and 2 large silhouette targets -- no membership fee required, and I used my own factory ammo.  I just had to watch a range orientation and safety video for 10 minutes.  Most ranges collect your spent brass to resale and reload to sell.  It's one way they keep the prices down.

A few years ago, I visited "The" Palmetto State Armory (PSA) range and gun store in SC.  It happened to be Memorial Day weekend -- unlimited free range time the whole weekend to the public.  The ammo I purchased was cheaper than bulk prices in Hawaii.  And the range was super clean, brightly lit, and very modern.  I spent maybe $2 for targets -- ammo would have  been $15 per 50rd box for 9mm, but I used my own since I had it with me.

In my opinion, that price structure was designed in anticipation of the closure of Kokohead
Deeds Not Words

macsak

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2022, 04:59:07 PM »
In my opinion, that price structure was designed in anticipation of the closure of Kokohead

they anticipated the closure of koko head one year ago?

ren

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2022, 05:41:21 PM »
they anticipated the closure of koko head one year ago?

The lead issue started a year ago with the remediation.
Deeds Not Words

hvybarrels

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2022, 02:07:02 AM »
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Heavies

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2022, 05:59:36 AM »
CCW IN Hawaii………..Salivating