My COVID Experience (Read 10222 times)

changemyoil66

My COVID Experience
« on: September 17, 2021, 10:32:48 AM »
So I caught CV a few weeks ago.  We are all good. But I thought I'd give my experience just in case people were wondering.

Day 0
I got my J&J vaxx at 9:30am.  By 9:30pm I felt cold.  This was not the chills and I wasn't sweating either.  I was just cold.  So I wore a sweater.  I am never cold, no this was out of the normal.  This was the only side effect that I experienced.  No fever and O2 reading normal.  No body ache either.  I have other friends who got the vaxx and their side effect was body ache, sweats, chills, fever, etc...And various vaxxes (Pfizer, Moderna, J&J).  And others who had no side effects.  So mine was very different.

Day 1
By 4:30am, that cold feeling was gone and I was back to normal.  Went to work.  By 10am, the cold feeling came back.  So I went  home.  The coldness lasted for about 6 hours then went away for another few hours, then came back.  This differs from the chills like when I got the flu.  When I get the chills, I'm cold for 5 mins, then hot for 5 mins, then cold again and so on. Then add in the sweating.  At no time was I sweating.  Still no body ache, fever, and O2 levels were normal.  I felt totally fine, besides being cold.

At this point I decided to call Urgent care and they were open till 11pm.  So the gal who answered the phone said I might have COVID so come down.  We went down around 9pm.  When the doc saw me, I explained when I got vaxxed and he said it's probably a side effect from it, but I can test just to be sure.  Which I did and I was positive.  He asked if I have any other symptoms and I said no.  I was told basically if I do get any symptoms and it's from the neck up (fever, cough, sore throat, etc...) I'm OK. But if I get anything from the neck down (trouble breathing, chest pains, etc...) to call him.  I was told due to my age and health status that I should be fine.  He said my J&J should be about 67% effective from Delta, which is also more effective compared to Moderna and Pfizer.  But it takes 2 weeks to reach that level.  So since I got my vaxx the day before, don't count on it helping much.  While he was doing the swab, the swab was the one that went in both nostrils and deep to the base of the brain.  I sneezed.  I explained I was so sorry, but he said not to worry. He had Covid 9 weeks ago, so his immune system is a rock star right now.

I asked the doc how many days have I been positive, and he didn't know.  So for all I know, if the cold feeling was the vaxx side effect, I could have been positive for a week and been asymptomatic.  Or it could have just been coincidental timing that I got vaxxed and did have a Covid symptom (cold feeling).  No way of knowing.  But the doc was leaning more toward the cold feeling was a side effect.  Last year there was an outbreak at a construction site. The guy who they think started it had flu like symptoms, but came to work anyways because he got vaxxed the day before.  He thought it was a side effect, but turns out it was Covid too.

So after all of this I had to look up what the CDC says is the protocol.  I called work the next day and some coworkers got tested, and others called their doctors and was told no need unless they too show any symptoms because I was not in "close contact" with anyone.  No one at work was positive.  My work building did call in a professional cleaning service to do the entire office and common areas on our floor/garage.

We didn't got to any type of gathering either, so there was no need to notify friends/family.  Nor did we dine in at any restaurants recently.

So while being quarantined at home, first I ate all the left overs in the fridge.  But because I wasn't working out, my appetite went down.  This is common when we go on vacation. After being in Vegas for about 3 days, I don't eat as much. So we hit the buffets early on knowing this.  So nothing out of the normal.  Then once that food ran out, I ate my SHTF food which I've been wanting to try.  Mountain House Chicken Noodle Casserole was very good and so was the Chicken Fried Rice.  The Lasagna and Beef Strogonoff was good too.  Over all, all the entree's were very good.

Once we got tired of this, then came in Uber eats that leaves the food at the door. And my parents who dropped off food for us.

After testing positive on day 1, the only symptom that I had was a sore throat for 2 hours on day 2 morning.  My doctor said that probably wasn't Covid related because it would have lasted way longer than that.  For the rest of the 10 day quarantine, I had no symptoms and the cold feeling went away by day 2.  I checked my temp pretty much every hour and my O2 reading as well.  Both were normal the entire 10 days.  No fatigue, shortness of breath, chills, sweats, body ache, etc...Mentally I felt fine too.  When I got the flu, mentally I get tired.  Like when watching on TV BUDS/SEAL training, I would get tired just watching them train.  But this time I was fine.  I wanted to do push ups at home, but didn't want to exhaust my system just in case later I got worst.

During the time at home, I have other friends who caught COVID.  1 was fine until day 9.  Then he got hit with everything.  He had to go to the hospital and stayed there for a 2 weeks.  He is 300lbs.  Unvaxxed

Another friend was fine until day 7 and then got hit with everything. He is about 250lbs.  He too went to the hospital for a few weeks. Vaxxed

Then 1 more friend who is about 300lbs, but athletic (rugby/tight end type of body) got hit hard.  He was about to go to the hospital, but his cousin had some Ivermectin and gave it to him.  He felt way better within 24 hours and by 2 days later was back to 100%. Vaxxed.  His gf and kid (8 years old) also caught it and his gf had minor symptoms and the kid had none. Both unvaxxed.  The gf isn't fat, but more chubby.  His son is skinny.

I had a friend recommend Push Health who was issuing Ivermectin.  But found out from 2 people that CVS was not filling those RX's (internal memo).  1 even picked it up from CVS and got a call from them an hour later asking to bring it back.  So my friends are having family on the mainland get it and mailing it to them (illegal).

I asked my doc if I can take anything like that or HCQ stack as prevention and he said neither is approved for treatment by the FDA so no.  Luckily, I didn't need it. 

The only bad part about this experience was the not knowing factor.  I went to sleep every night wondering if I would wake up feeling like crap.  Like my friends above.  And the paranoia that any feeling out of the normal, you ask yourself is it a symptom.

During this time and prior to this, I've taken immune boosting OTC vitamins.  Things like Vitamin C, D, Quercetine, ZInc, Fermented yeast, Elderberry.   The only thing I added in this time was NAC and a Zpack (prevention).

Here is the "ain't that a bitch" part.  Of all my friends, family, and coworkers, I am the cleanest one.  I have a proper N95 mask, always wash hands/sanitize hands, only dined in about 6 times since March 2020, don't eat food at BBQ's that I did attend and still wore my mask, even though it was outside.  Even when shopping, if I grab something I immediately use sanitizer.  I got a stick that I use to open doors and push elevator buttons (Strike Industries).  I've been eating lunch at my desk since March 2020 and don't eat in the lunchroom.  Don't buy drinks when not coming home because I don't want my straw being in the open while walking with my drink.  At the gym, I clorox wipe all the benches, bars,, dumbbells, etc...And when it gets too crowded, I cut the workout short and leave. Even at the freedom rallies, I wore my mask and didn't stand with the crowd, but more at the end away from people.  I'm the only one in the office who sprays disinfectant on all the common areas (door handles, mail boxes, type writer, fridge handle, sink handle, etc...).  I'm the only one that wears my mask in the office all the time too.  And except for 2 others, everyone else uses cloth mask.  The ones who do wear N95, don't wear them consistently, and go between that and cloth mask.  I do have 2 other coworkers who had COVID, but both got it from mainland travel.  3 coworkers bought Hydocholus acid machines, but they all stopped using them last year.

So after all of that, I still got Covid.  Then I got friends who are anti mask, dine in all the time, bbq, gather, etc... and are fine.  So really it's a crap shoot.  You can reduce the risk all you want, and still get it.  Basically shit out of luck.

Been going to the gym again and just like when coming back from Vegas, due to not eating as much, the strength went down.  Lungs felt good, as in not out of breath.  Probably gonna do more things now that I've had Covid.  Looking to go to Vegas. We were supposed to go this week and then to Kansas for a firearms training, but had to cancel due to having Covid, and we didn't know how bad it would have been.

And now that I'm vaxxed, I don't have to test before flying back. Cause if I did pop on the mainland, then I would have to spend thousands of $ quarantining up there.  And I got vaxxed due to coercion.  It was not a free choice.  And my Covid experience was very minor considering that I was unvaxxed at the time.  1 coworker who did have Covid, had symptoms before flying back home, but didn't test because she didn't want be stuck in Vegas.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: My COVID Experience
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 11:01:45 AM »
Thanks for that detailed write-up.  It's always better to hear from a real (and Local) person about their experience and the care they received than from someone just posting Google results and Twitter comments.

My daughter received her 2 shots the last 3 weeks or so.  She's flying to the mainland next week, so being vaccinated has benefits.  She felt really crappy for a few days after each shot, and the booster was twice as bad as the initial.

The coincidence between your vaccine and testing positive backs up one of my theories.  My suspicion is, if you go to a healthcare facility for any reason, including the COVID vaccine, you're going into a place where there will have been a guaranteed case of COVID.  No matter how much the statistics and transmission THEORIES downplay the chances of you catching COVID there, being in a building with COVID-positive people increases the chances you'll get it exponentially over being out in public where the concentration of COVID-positive people is much lower.

As for your habits, even N95 masks were never advertised as a way to keep you from being infected -- only as a way to keep you from infecting others.  So, at that BBQ, if you are masked and 5 others are not, you might as well take your mask off for all the good it'll do you.  Hugs, handshakes and kisses are more of risky to you than having no mask.

Glad everything seems to have worked out.  I've been on the fence about getting jabbed, but I'm close to making that leap.  After being out and about more this past week than usual, I started coughing last night.  My sinuses draining into my throat is usually the culprit, but now I have that nagging "Should have gotten vaccinated" feeling, too.  No cough this morning and no problems breathing, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed until I got get vaccinated.

We live in a nation where those of us without vaccinations are being blamed for the spread of a virus that was developed/studied and released by China.  But, if you bad mouth China, you're a racist xenophobia.    :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 11:19:59 AM »
Forgot to add, the state called me about 6 days in.  They only asked 1 question, that's if I dined in at a restaurant. They never asked where I work, if I went to a BBQ, etc...

aieahound

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 11:28:12 AM »
CMO
Thanks for sharing first hand account.

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 11:39:09 AM »

I started coughing last night.  My sinuses draining into my throat is usually the culprit, but now I have that nagging "Should have gotten vaccinated" feeling, too.  No cough this morning and no problems breathing, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed until I got get vaccinated.

This is 1 thing about Covid, it could be anything.  Maybe 2 months ago, Dr. Libby Char was on a PC and mentioned there's a lot from community spread.  And it's common that 1 person goes to a BBQ with allergies.  But turns out it was covid and the rest of the party got infected.  So hows 1 supposed to know that they're sick if they get the normal symptoms of allergies or is asymptomatic?

Like my coworker who had a sore throat in Vegas and flew back. Only after she lost her sense of smell/taste, did she get tested.  So had she not used her perfume that morning, then she would have came into the office. She's vaxxed.

drck1000

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 11:47:18 AM »
Good to hear that you're well CMO, at least physically. . .  ;D

J/K.  Seriously, good that you didn't have any severe effects.  I don't know anyone in my circle of friends who have had it.  From the friend of friend level, I heard so varying stories.  Thankfully, nothing that required hospitalization. 

Thank you for sharing your experience.  Hopefully you and Mrs. Oil will be able to have a "makeup" for those training classes.  I enjoyed traveling for shooting courses. 

omnigun

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 12:13:14 PM »
Thanks for that detailed write-up.  It's always better to hear from a real (and Local) person about their experience and the care they received than from someone just posting Google results and Twitter comments.

My daughter received her 2 shots the last 3 weeks or so.  She's flying to the mainland next week, so being vaccinated has benefits.  She felt really crappy for a few days after each shot, and the booster was twice as bad as the initial.

The coincidence between your vaccine and testing positive backs up one of my theories.  My suspicion is, if you go to a healthcare facility for any reason, including the COVID vaccine, you're going into a place where there will have been a guaranteed case of COVID.  No matter how much the statistics and transmission THEORIES downplay the chances of you catching COVID there, being in a building with COVID-positive people increases the chances you'll get it exponentially over being out in public where the concentration of COVID-positive people is much lower.

As for your habits, even N95 masks were never advertised as a way to keep you from being infected -- only as a way to keep you from infecting others.  So, at that BBQ, if you are masked and 5 others are not, you might as well take your mask off for all the good it'll do you.  Hugs, handshakes and kisses are more of risky to you than having no mask.

Glad everything seems to have worked out.  I've been on the fence about getting jabbed, but I'm close to making that leap.  After being out and about more this past week than usual, I started coughing last night.  My sinuses draining into my throat is usually the culprit, but now I have that nagging "Should have gotten vaccinated" feeling, too.  No cough this morning and no problems breathing, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed until I got get vaccinated.

We live in a nation where those of us without vaccinations are being blamed for the spread of a virus that was developed/studied and released by China.  But, if you bad mouth China, you're a racist xenophobia.    :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The vaccine date and the Covid date are too close for it to be the location which he got covid. 

Nothing wrong with blaming china AND the unvaxxed  :shaka:

omnigun

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 12:14:52 PM »
Thanks for sharing your experience.  Interesting.  Glad you got lucky,  as much as we disagree I don't wish death on any of yall.

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 12:22:04 PM »
Good to hear that you're well CMO, at least physically. . .  ;D

J/K.  Seriously, good that you didn't have any severe effects.  I don't know anyone in my circle of friends who have had it.  From the friend of friend level, I heard so varying stories.  Thankfully, nothing that required hospitalization. 

Thank you for sharing your experience.  Hopefully you and Mrs. Oil will be able to have a "makeup" for those training classes.  I enjoyed traveling for shooting courses.

The event has a no refund policy because the $ for the class is donated to a church that runs a children's summer camp.  This was known b4 signing up.  We were able to find 2 people to take our spots.  If we weren't able to, then they would have just given us a class next year and we wouldn't have to pay.  So kudo's to Active Self Protection for trying their best to help us out.  The ammo we already shipped up there will be used by the 2 who took our spots.

There are lots of varying stories. I know people who had the worst flu in their lives, but didn't need to go hospital.  To just losing sense of taste and smell.  To sore throat, fever, body ache.  Vaxxed, unvaxxed all random.

Kuleana

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 01:12:15 PM »
The event has a no refund policy because the $ for the class is donated to a church that runs a children's summer camp.  This was known b4 signing up.  We were able to find 2 people to take our spots.  If we weren't able to, then they would have just given us a class next year and we wouldn't have to pay.  So kudo's to Active Self Protection for trying their best to help us out.  The ammo we already shipped up there will be used by the 2 who took our spots.

There are lots of varying stories. I know people who had the worst flu in their lives, but didn't need to go hospital.  To just losing sense of taste and smell.  To sore throat, fever, body ache.  Vaxxed, unvaxxed all random.
First of all, thank God you and your ohana are safe.

Second, your narrative just reaffirms one thing.  As a species, we still don't know all there is to know about Covid-19.  As a result, one thing is for certain.  Until enough data is collected, prevention and mitigation, as they are not the same, are the only two mutually excusive things that people can count on, for their own safety moving forward.  In fact, I personally will not take anything about Covid-19 as Biblical, until after year 5, at least.  Even then, we still won't be able to say for certain, until year 10.

Kuleana

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 01:18:37 PM »
Nothing wrong with blaming china AND the unvaxxed 
At least, you are not blaming Trump, for everything.

drck1000

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 02:03:04 PM »

Same/similar for stories on reaction to the vaxxes.  I mean it's reasonable and somewhat expected.  Does make me wonder if there are some "studies" that have too wide a blanket and everything is attributed to COVID.  Like the cause of death examples I mentioned. 

Hopefully you'll have plenty of opportunity for future training classes.  Hopefully that paying it forward comes back around to you.   :thumbsup:  I offer a box of 9 for you.  It's maybe 20+ years old, but should still go bang.  ;D

aletheuo137

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 04:08:02 PM »
Glad to hear your alright CMO! Does that mean drck & I can't taser you now?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:24:41 PM by aletheuo137 »

changemyoil66

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 08:13:54 PM »
Forgot to add, the EV only lost 1%.battery in 10 days. But no sentry mode. Had i activated it, it takes up 1 mile of juice per hour. So it would have been 240 miles in 10 days.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 08:14:21 PM »
Glad to hear your alright CMO! Does that mean drck & I can't taser you now?

Got vaxxed, immune from 5g and electricity.

aletheuo137

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2021, 03:55:16 AM »
Got vaxxed, immune from 5g and electricity.

Added to your electrifying personality!

hvybarrels

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2021, 04:04:32 PM »
Glad you are okay. I had the opportunity to travel recently but decided against it. Don't want to get stuck anywhere but here!
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2021, 04:27:00 PM »
Glad you are okay. I had the opportunity to travel recently but decided against it. Don't want to get stuck anywhere but here!
That was 1 main reason why we never traveled. But now that vaxxed, can and no need test b4 flying back.

hvybarrels

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2021, 05:03:07 PM »
It's good that you got the J&J because I hear that is the least worst. My concern is that with over half of cases now being breakthrough the next deadly variants are going to be coming from the vaccinated and I want to avoid getting stuck with crowds of them, especially with such a false sense of security still flowing around.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2021, 05:56:29 PM »
It's good that you got the J&J because I hear that is the least worst. My concern is that with over half of cases now being breakthrough the next deadly variants are going to be coming from the vaccinated and I want to avoid getting stuck with crowds of them, especially with such a false sense of security still flowing around.
Got the JJ cause per the proc, u have to wait 2 weeks after the final shot. So had i got moder or pfiz, 6 weeks is the wait from the 1st dose.  Which means ricks proc is scheduled for 2 months. So no sense. Just wait a little longer. Unless he extends it, which i think he will or ige will. Then now im further behind.

This is what happens when you coerce people to get vaxxed. They choose the easiest option, regardless which one is better. When i was getting mine, everyone else there was also getting JJ.