Gift Cards for your Guns, Happening in LA (Read 4186 times)

waimea2006

Gift Cards for your Guns, Happening in LA
« on: December 20, 2012, 01:40:03 AM »
Are your willing to give up your handgun for $100 or rifle for $200? Citizens of LA is doing this. Will Hawaii follow suit? We'll have to wait and see.

:worship:

Colt808

Re: Gift Cards for your Guns, Happening in LA
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 03:12:38 AM »
Those "no questions asked" programs are for the ignorant and hoodlum types who probably got the gun for free (i.e. inheirited/stolen).  I don't know any legal gun owners, who spent their hard earned cash on a collection, that would ever participate.
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. ~Thomas Paine

And I still see stupid people.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 04:29:30 AM »
I would if I had a Lorcin, Jennings or other "ring of fire" crap gun that I paid $49 for.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

clshade

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 08:30:22 AM »
Gun buybacks are a great idea, really.

If someone has firearms but is uncomfortable with that responsibility then a buyback is perfect. Easy. Quick. And it gets guns out of the hands of people who don't want them. That makes them less likely to be stolen and used by bad guys who do want them.

It makes anti gun folks feel all good about themselves while having zero net effect on those of us who are happy to shoulder the responsibility of firearms ownership.

Old Guy

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 08:58:49 AM »
In a heart beat.

I have several UNsafe guns I am willing to turn in for $200 each.

Make a nice profit too.

I know a guy who turned in stripped unusable frames and walked away with $300.

Good way to legally be rid of stuff that's unsafe.

Hunter1007

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 02:03:29 PM »
Man that's just asking for more trouble. Those guns probably ending up in the black market and resold to criminals. Do really beleive they will all be destroyed. No thanks. I'd rather those guns be in someones closet gathering dust than being used by a criminal. Wasn't a cop here busted for doing that???

Heavies

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »
Didnt some pro folks take advantage of this in another state a little while back.  They turned in all their crappy shot out .22's and got enough money for some new .22's for their boy scout troop.  Pissed the antis off something. Haha

TeamMidori

Gift Cards for your Guns, Happening in LA
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »
Yah I think they did it the same time as the city buy-back or something.

GZire

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 06:01:38 PM »
I would have sold my Mosquito to the State no questions asked.

Gordyf

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 07:06:45 AM »
Gun buybacks are a great idea, really.

If someone has firearms but is uncomfortable with that responsibility then a buyback is perfect. Easy. Quick. And it gets guns out of the hands of people who don't want them. That makes them less likely to be stolen and used by bad guys who do want them.

It makes anti gun folks feel all good about themselves while having zero net effect on those of us who are happy to shoulder the responsibility of firearms ownership.

Problem is some fine collectables end up going under the torch, or to a Police official's personal collection. ( maybe a better fate) These guys are not very discriminating what they cut up.
It is a shame.
Aloha
Gordy