Official Hawaii CCW Thread (Read 30558 times)

drck1000

Re: Official Hawaii CCW Thread
« Reply #300 on: April 23, 2024, 01:06:07 PM »
I got a reminder for CCW renewal in the mail yesterday.  Reminder within the 90 day window, directions to renew, etc. . . very helpful. . .

. . . from Arizona department of (whoever administers their CCW)

I also need to renew my Utah.  That seems quite easy as well. . .

changemyoil66

« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2024, 02:19:56 PM »
I got a reminder for CCW renewal in the mail yesterday.  Reminder within the 90 day window, directions to renew, etc. . . very helpful. . .

I read the 1st part and no way HI would do this.  NV doesn't even do this. Maybe AZ needs the money since I'm sure their CCW apps dropped after passing constitutional carry.

changemyoil66

« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2024, 09:44:32 AM »
The metered stalls in front HPD HQ are for HPD vehicles only until 7/1.

Got my CCW today, took 84 days.  I was once again granted my right by HPD/County/State.

changemyoil66

« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2024, 03:43:09 PM »
Another food for thought.  WHen I first was granted a CCW, not only did I have to submit 2 passport photo's, but they also took my photo when I picked up the CCW card and used that pic on it.

Now, you have to submit 1 passport photo and take a pic when turning in your app.  There is no pic taken when you pick up your CCW card.  Which means, HPD could easily mail me the card when they mail the approval letter.  NV mailed my CCW to me.  Having to pick it up in person is BS.  And when I picked it up, the cop asked me if I brought my approval letter. I didn't.  I mean, even if I did, was he solely going to use that to create the card?  I mean, there's no way anyone would forge a paper letter right?

Rocky

« Reply #304 on: May 12, 2024, 09:59:21 AM »
Another food for thought.  WHen I first was granted a CCW, not only did I have to submit 2 passport photo's, but they also took my photo when I picked up the CCW card and used that pic on it.

Now, you have to submit 1 passport photo and take a pic when turning in your app.  There is no pic taken when you pick up your CCW card.  Which means, HPD could easily mail me the card when they mail the approval letter.  NV mailed my CCW to me.  Having to pick it up in person is BS.  And when I picked it up, the cop asked me if I brought my approval letter. I didn't.  I mean, even if I did, was he solely going to use that to create the card?  I mean, there's no way anyone would forge a paper letter right?
They staple the LTC payment receipt with serial #'s to the letter just above serial #'s on the letter and probably make a copy.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

oldfart

« Reply #305 on: May 12, 2024, 06:03:16 PM »

I got a reminder letter yesterday. 
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

« Reply #306 on: May 12, 2024, 07:34:22 PM »
They staple the LTC payment receipt with serial #'s to the letter just above serial #'s on the letter and probably make a copy.
I was given my payment receipt when i submitted my app. It showed paid $150.

Upon getting my ccw, i was also given a receipt with a diff serial # that just said "paid" on it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk