The Rapback legal action Thread (Read 140981 times)

London808

The Rapback legal action Thread
« on: December 04, 2016, 06:03:02 PM »
So as many of you know I am moving forward with Legal Action against HPD, City and State with regards to Rapback, The implementation of which starts tomorrow December 5th 2016.

For those unfamiliar with Who I am, My Name is Andre Namiki Roberts, I am a permanent resident of the Untied states having moved here from the untied kingdom in 2006. In 2015 i Applied for a firearms permit and was denied based on a HPD policy that would require me to travel back to the untited kingdom to get a background check done on myself and provided it to them at my own expense (somewhere around $4000) This policy was made with the intention of denying non  citizens there 2nd amendment rights. I recognized the implication of what they were doing and confronted them, Over a peiod of 3 days i explained them them what they were doing was wrong. they would not budge, So i contacted a lawyer here in Hawaii who handles civil rights cases and we got working on a lawsuit. After approximately 3 months of work and a lawsuit in federal court,  HPD settled with me (whilst admitting no wrong doing) and as well as stooping the unconstitutional/illegal policy they also had to cover my legal expenses.
If you would like to read about this lawsuit you can do so here, http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/30504334/uk-citizen-alleges-honolulu-police-depriving-his-gun-rights or see the actual lawsuit here http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/Portals/0/Article%20Attachments/Roberts%20v%20Honolulu%202nd%20Amendment.pdf

Now why is this information important ?
I want you to know who i am, That im a real person who is willing to step up when needed to defend my rights (and those of others) I want you to see that im not going to hide behind an online Alias and that i am going to be upfront with thing. Why ? Because im going to ask for help. I have spoke to both Rick and Alan, the lawyers who helped me with my previous lawsuit and they are willing to again work with me to stop rap back. But to do so its going to cost money. The minimum amount given to me was $15k, Why so much ? This is going to be a long fight and lawyers have bills to pay. A lawsuit like this can drag on for months into years and although there is a very good chance we can stop rapback it may take some time.

Ways you can help
The biggest way you can help is with cold hard cash. I personally have put $500 in the kitty and so far have had another $300 pledged to help but we need more. You can donate direct to me
via paypal : a_roberts_84@yahoo.co.uk OR info@stoprapback.com
or
via mail you can make a check or money order payable to Andrew Namiki Roberts and mail it to Andrew Namiki Roberts, P.O. BOX 283182, Honolulu, HI 96828
or
In person, I am going to be making more effort to visit the range on weekends (usualy i go weekdays when its quite so no one laughs at me missing)

I am in the process of setting up a gofund me account But was given this notfication :
"The content of your campaign has led us to believe that you may be trying to raise money for a legal matter. You may view our terms and conditions here."
So i am waiting/looking into what caused this.

[Edit] Added GoFundMe Link from this thread https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=25630.msg226820#msg226820

https://www.gofundme.com/stop-rapback-in-the-state-of-hawaii
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:05:06 AM by Jl808 »
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

suka

Re: The Rapback legal action Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 06:17:58 PM »
Will the $15K be refunded to you after the Lawsuit? Hence, after the lawyers recover their legal fees from the City and State?

London808

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 06:37:07 PM »
Will the $15K be refunded to you after the Lawsuit? Hence, after the lawyers recover their legal fees from the City and State?

As long as we are successful in the suit and the full legal costs can be recovered YES. This money will then be used to fight the next fight.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

suka

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 06:41:12 PM »
Heres $40 your way ,  the HPD will not collect from me!

Come on  people donate!!!

London808

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 07:04:14 PM »
Heres $40 your way ,  the HPD will not collect from me!

Come on  people donate!!!

If 1/2 the forum members donated $10 (the cost of a box of 9mm) we would have the money instantly.

is 1% of gun owners in Hawaii donated $1 we would be good for anyfight.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 07:26:58 PM by London808 »

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 07:32:11 PM »
I will donate in a week when i go to work. I dont do business transactions from my phone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

punaperson

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 07:45:59 PM »
If 1/2 the forum members donated $10 (the cost of a box of 9mm) we would have the money instantly.

is 1% of gun owners in Hawaii donated $1 we would be good for anyfight.
Excellent points.

Okay, I gotta go feed my unicorn.

London808

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 08:37:16 PM »
Just so you know my post is also up on www.stoprapback.com This will take you over to a FB page where you can share my post with other gun loving community's.

London808

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 08:41:43 PM »
I also still need forms from the outer (not Oahu) islands police departments.

Heavies

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 08:44:34 PM »
Donation SENT.

Thank you for stepping up! 

mako511

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 08:46:05 PM »
PP inbound. Good luck and thanks for your efforts! 

London808

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 09:03:16 PM »
Thank you guys. I really do love how this is all coming together.

I have a friend making some Stop RapBack stickers as well. These will be available sooooooon (i hope)

suka

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 09:05:43 PM »
Would the Lawsuit also try to eliminate the whole Hawaii Firearm Registration System?

and

To have all past registration purged from the records.

808S10

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 09:09:02 PM »
Donation sent.
Thank you for your efforts.

London808

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 09:14:53 PM »
Would the Lawsuit also try to eliminate the whole Hawaii Firearm Registration System?

and

To have all past registration purged from the records.

Registration of firearms is not going to go away,  This is not a firearms registration law tho, This is an attempt to register owners. One of the big differences is previously they have registered a gun to an owner. Now they are registering practitioners of a constitutionally protected act. Would be kind of like registering church goers or registering book writers or news presenters Some might even go as far it would be the same as registering black people so they can practice not being slaves.

as for previously colelcted data before a lawsuit goes in. It should be expunged.

JHanawahine

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2016, 09:29:51 PM »
Donation sent  :shaka:

Heavies

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2016, 09:53:01 PM »
Registration of firearms is not going to go away,  This is not a firearms registration law tho, This is an attempt to register owners. One of the big differences is previously they have registered a gun to an owner. Now they are registering practitioners of a constitutionally protected act. Would be kind of like registering church goers or registering book writers or news presenters Some might even go as far it would be the same as registering black people so they can practice not being slaves.

as for previously colelcted data before a lawsuit goes in. It should be expunged.

A little off topic, but the atf form 4473 does specifically ask if you are latino...  What's up with that? ???

Jl808

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 09:56:10 AM »
Thank you London808.  Will send funds to help.

We can do a lot if we all pitch in.  Here is a video of 10,000 people signing Beethoven's Ode to Joy.

I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

whynow?

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »
Just sent in my donation via gfm.  Appreciate your time and effort.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 10:33:23 AM »
I sent a little through paypal.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here