Suggestions for improving this site (Read 110723 times)

ImKu

Re: Suggestions for improving this site
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2014, 10:36:55 PM »
I'm up for it, but someone might get their feelings hurt.

Maybe it will help some understand if people generally agree or disagree with their views on debatable topics. 

On a side note, I was looking at your sweet ass glock you posted a pic of and I was thinking "I wish there was a like button" and then I found this thread.
The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.
- Bhagavad Gita

dustoff003

« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2014, 10:41:48 PM »
If there was a thanks button I would use it. I primarily interface with the forum via Tapatalk and I am not seeing the like functionality there either.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2014, 07:33:50 AM »
If there was a thanks button I would use it. I primarily interface with the forum via Tapatalk and I am not seeing the like functionality there either.

I can't add the button to tapatalk without modifying their code. I did add it to the original theme though. That one slipped through.

Thanks for all the input guys.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Heavies

« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2014, 09:42:27 AM »
... Also, what do you guys think about a "dislike" button?

We used to have something similar this before, however certain users would get into "dislike" wars, in that they would intentionally down rate each others posts regardless of what was posted, this became an issue.  That is why it was discontinued.

llort

« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2014, 12:17:13 PM »
how about the like button being anonymous. u would get more votes that way. i bet people afraid of liking something someone said cause its controversial

Heavies

« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2014, 10:02:48 PM »
how about the like button being anonymous. u would get more votes that way. i bet people afraid of liking something someone said cause its controversial

If you like it you like it, no be shame about it...  IMHO.  Maybe others may disagree.. 

llort

« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2014, 12:28:50 AM »
If you like it you like it, no be shame about it...  IMHO.  Maybe others may disagree..

nah its not about shame. peeps not going like others posts if its against long time users. cause if they do they going be bullied. why you think this site is so dead and only old timers post. they scared to post or like if it shows their name. ive seen it happen on many other forums. they dead now cause everyone left the bs

mauidog

« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2014, 12:31:12 AM »
nah its not about shame. peeps not going like others posts if its against long time users. cause if they do they going be bullied. why you think this site is so dead and only old timers post. they scared to post or like if it shows their name

So, now you've been elected representative for the "peeps?"

Good to know!   :rofl:
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

Heavies

« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2014, 12:42:58 AM »
nah its not about shame. peeps not going like others posts if its against long time users. cause if they do they going be bullied. why you think this site is so dead and only old timers post. they scared to post or like if it shows their name. ive seen it happen on many other forums. they dead now cause everyone left the bs

I understand what you are saying. we moderate fairly, I believe.  Some do bully, but mostly debate.  If things turn into sh*t slinging matches, with no valid arguments being presented, we generally lock up the topic.  If people feel strongly about a subject and can argue their point, we can respect opinions. (we even had anti-gun folks here, their views were seen and as long as the debate was sane and valid points argued, everyone is allowed to voice)  However, if the points make no sense, trolling persists with no valid argument, and personal attacks ensue, well there is no point in that.

llort

« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2014, 12:53:18 AM »
perfect example, sh*t right above you.

Heavies

« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2014, 01:01:50 AM »
I think you are holding your own.  You got valid points, and you are not afraid to voice your opinion. 

mauidog

« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2014, 01:02:36 AM »
perfect example, sh*t right above you.

You misunderstand.  When I see someone say what "the people" (to paraphrase your term) want, expect, need, etc, I have to wonder how the person saying this knows what all the people feel.

I believe you should be honest enough to express your opinions as your own and not try to increase their weight by saying a bunch of people you can't name hold the same opinions.

Just trying to keep the discussion honest and the overly dramatic generalities to a minimum ...    If you had used "I" in place of "peeps", I would have never commented.

:popcorn:
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

llort

« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2014, 01:17:57 AM »
nah man that sh*t dont bother me none. i can handle my sh*t. its an example of what goes around here. thats why is suggested to make the like button anonymous so peeps dont get feelings hurt and get pissed off. too much vendetta from the "clicks" after someone dont like what someone posted.

fro

« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2015, 12:11:12 PM »
How about some "page forward/page back arrow" buttons placed couple spaces away from the last page number. Or space the page numbers farther apart.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2015, 02:29:45 PM »
Are you browsing from a phone?
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

fro

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2015, 07:03:11 PM »
Are you browsing from a phone?
Yes. Thumbs are too fat ;D might be just me but the search doesn't work for me either. Samsung s4

Jl808

Suggestions for improving this site
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2021, 11:20:09 AM »
I don’t know if that feature is available.

If someone is disparaging your ad posts, please report it and one of us mods will delete it for you.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

jc2721

« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2021, 10:33:51 PM »
How about cleaning up the vendors' threads?  Many haven't posted in years (some are out of business), why take up space?

jc2721

« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2022, 06:39:22 PM »
LOL--I was just going to post the same suggestion as above, then saw that I made the suggestion nearly a year ago and as far as I can tell, nothing has been done.  Oh well, at least I tried... :shaka: