FPC Gunpolicy News Highlight - Hawaii’s registration backlog (Read 3599 times)

Bota-CS1

FPC Gunpolicy News Highlight - Hawaii’s registration backlog
« on: November 14, 2020, 09:05:04 AM »

This is why I support the FPC and GOA!  :thumbsup: :geekdanc:
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

punaperson

Re: FPC Gunpolicy News Highlight - Hawaii’s registration backlog
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 12:49:39 PM »
This is why I support the FPC and GOA!  :thumbsup: :geekdanc:
Who filed the lawsuit where and how can we read it?

6716J

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 02:05:33 PM »

Judging by this announcement, no lawsuit, just info to the public. Zippz would know if they did.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 02:06:48 PM »

There isn’t a lawsuit - yet.  This is their way of letting certain jurisdictions they’re aware of the infringements on our rights and aren’t blind.  They’ve been in court to challenge the ammo ban in cali as well as the assault weapons ban as well.  I posted about them asking for plaintiffs who’ve been denied CCWs to contact them.  Things are going on behind the scenes since the appointment of ACB to Scotus.  Anyone can contact their plaintiff line https://www.firearmspolicy.org/hotline.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

zippz

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 10:33:26 PM »
I haven't heard anything about this one.  They'll sometimes reach out to me for plaintiffs for lawsuits.  I met them at GRPC a couple years ago and theyve been looking into cases here cause we have the most restrictive gun laws in certain areas.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

stangzilla

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 12:16:14 PM »
what about the policy of nobody gets CCW in Hawaii unless you LE or retired LE or armed security.
if you civilian, no CCW for you!!!!!   :grrr:  :grrr:  :grrr:

Bota-CS1

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 02:11:23 PM »
what about the policy of nobody gets CCW in Hawaii unless you LE or retired LE or armed security.

There isn’t a lawsuit - yet.  This is their way of letting certain jurisdictions they’re aware of the infringements on our rights and aren’t blind.  They’ve been in court to challenge the ammo ban in cali as well as the assault weapons ban as well. I posted about them asking for plaintiffs who’ve been denied CCWs to contact them.  Things are going on behind the scenes since the appointment of ACB to Scotus.  Anyone can contact their plaintiff line https://www.firearmspolicy.org/hotline.

hvybarrels

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 08:49:54 PM »
they have a great instagram page
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 09:06:04 AM »
So their twitter was taken down for violating "policy".

macsak

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 09:13:30 AM »
So their twitter was taken down for violating "policy".

impossible according to omni and EEF

macsak

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 12:47:22 PM »

punaperson

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 10:16:34 PM »
Which of the four CCW licensees since 2000 have been "LE or retired LE or armed security"? Certainly not the two cases from Kauai that involved 1. a judge and 2. a military member or family of a military member. Maui claims the records for the two licenses issued there in 2000 are gone and no one knows anything about them.

RifleArts

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2020, 01:31:30 PM »

Yes you are correct. Tried several times, no response.

dirsh

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2020, 05:00:55 PM »
FPC FTW!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
╾━╤デ╦︻

RifleArts

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 10:41:25 AM »
Does anyone know of any Pro 2A attorneys here on Oahu?

Can you please message me.

Mahalo

zippz

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2020, 08:07:52 AM »

Mahalo

There's Alan Beck who lives in California who does our 2A cases.  Also Holcomb in Honolulu is getting back into the 2A.  O'grady and Wilkerson are thinking about dabbling into 2A cases.

As far as HPD appointments, I doubt any of them will take the case pro-bono and it would cost $10,000 to $250,000 depending on how far it goes.  The odds of winning this would be extremely unlikely as the courts would deny it and COVID or the gun buying rush will be over by the time the appeals concludes.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Bota-CS1

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2020, 07:46:19 PM »

Mahalo

If you decide to go through with a case, please come back and post a link or let us know.  While we may not have $250,000 in change in between the couch cushions there are those of us that will certainly donate to the cause.