The IRS Is Buying Up Ammo, While The Government Intends To Make It Harder For Citizens To Acquire (Read 1771 times)

Flapp_Jackson

There are many instances where security guards, armored truck guards and other armed security personnel are required to carry revolvers.  Some agents are issued revolvers, but they have the option to carry their own personal semi-auto if it meets that agency's standards -- depends on the state laws.

From what I can find, part-time security guards and new hires at security guard businesses are issued revolvers in many states.

If the feds follow state law, then a part-time or new security guard at a Florida federal building would follow local laws to carry revolvers.  I know when military bases here contract out for security (gate guards, etc.), the businesses awarded the contract still have to follow state laws.

As anti-gun as DC is though, it's amazing how many agents there are packing heat.

https://www.thoughtco.com/firearms-and-arrest-authority-federal-agencies-3321279
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

stangzilla

we have armed security pick up cash and other stuff at my workplace every week
they carry a S&W 38 special
if I were them I would feel very under-gunned with that.  and the security guards look old, and look like they would be easily over powered in a physical fight.  and easily over powered in a gun fight too
if I were the security company, I would get something better than a 38 special for the job
I love revolvers, but I know when I would need more firepower

hvybarrels

if I were them I would feel very under-gunned with that.  and the security guards look old, and look like they would be easily over powered in a physical fight.  and easily over powered in a gun fight too
if I were the security company, I would get something better than a 38 special for the job

Strange that the insurance company would allow it.
Start blowing that whistle because the Nuremberg defense ain’t gonna cut it.

Flapp_Jackson

I checked the FBI website.  Amazed at how often armored car robberies happen.

Many of them are inside jobs, where a driver plans the robbery and helps the thieves get the cash and get away.

Not that many stories of shootouts with guards.  When it does happen, seems the robbers flee when fired upon -- even those robbers with semi-auto rifles and pistols.  One story of a guard shot to death was from a series of robberies.  The leader of the gang would use a hunting rifle, kill the guard from a distance as the guard was filling an ATM, then accomplices would race up in a van to the guard's truck and take what they could.  No amount of firepower would have saved the guard.

https://www.fbi.gov/@@search?SearchableText=armored&searchHelpText=To+narrow+your+search%2C+select+a+content+type+option+listed+under+%E2%80%9CMore.%E2%80%9D+To+broaden+your+search+to+other+FBI+sites%2C+select+a+subdomain+listed+under+%E2%80%9CSource.%E2%80%9D&pageSize=20&page=1&sort_on=&sort_order=descending&after=
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

hvybarrels

Start blowing that whistle because the Nuremberg defense ain’t gonna cut it.

Rocky

a smart man once said, "I'm telling you son, well it ain't no fun staring straight down a 44"   :D

I shuddered ,disliked  and disapproved of this photo immediately before even reading the text
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

I shuddered ,disliked  and disapproved of this photo immediately before even reading the text

Triggered!?     :rofl: :geekdanc:

Rocky

Triggered!?     :rofl: :geekdanc:

More like "Flagged".
During classes when the range is cold and we go up to check out targets or change them, I always have the students look back at the table to see what it feels like looking at the wrong end of a gun and tell them to imagine if someone was holding it pointing it in their direction.
Lesson in muzzle discipline.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

More like "Flagged".
During classes when the range is cold and we go up to check out targets or change them, I always have the students look back at the table to see what it feels like looking at the wrong end of a gun and tell them to imagine if someone was holding it pointing it in their direction.
Lesson in muzzle discipline.

groveler

stangzilla

6716J

Why worry?

There's very little crime in Hawaii. And NOBODY would think of using a gun to commit a crime. That's like extra kine crazy....  :shake:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

aletheuo137

REP. MATT GAETZ SEEKS TO ‘DISARM THE IRS’ WITH NEW LEGISLATION AIMED AT PREVENTING AMMUNITION ACQUISITION

https://www.rsbnetwork.com/news/rep-matt-gaetz-seeks-to-disarm-the-irs-with-new-legislation-aimed-at-preventing-ammunition-acquisition/

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

groveler

REP. MATT GAETZ SEEKS TO ‘DISARM THE IRS’ WITH NEW LEGISLATION AIMED AT PREVENTING AMMUNITION ACQUISITION

https://www.rsbnetwork.com/news/rep-matt-gaetz-seeks-to-disarm-the-irs-with-new-legislation-aimed-at-preventing-ammunition-acquisition/

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
We have WAY too many Federal cops
https://golawenforcement.com/federal-law-enforcement-agencies/
I'd agree with the Coasties being armed, very reluctantly,
the IRS,  Post office, and treasury  because they have legitimacy based in the constitution.
all others NO!
All other armed cops should be under control of the states.
You know that pesky tenth amendment!
Radical idea, America under the control of Americans rather than
Political parties located in Washington D.C.
 :thumbsup:

robtmc

We have WAY too many Federal cops
Good while ago, saw a list of fed alphabet and other agencies with SWAT teams.  Defied belief how some could justify that, other than lust for power.

Big Fed is arming to the teeth, they are expecting something.