Election Results (Read 2005 times)

aieahound

Election Results
« on: August 14, 2022, 11:51:27 AM »
Discussion?

Sam Kong a winner.
Bob McDermott a winner. ( though a LOT of votes to make up.)

Dr. Green……. ( sounds like a villain in movie  )

oldfart

Re: Election Results
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 12:02:34 PM »
No surprises last night.

I was just interested to see how Branco PAC would affect Tokuda.
Not surprised.
What, Me Worry?

ren

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 12:03:13 PM »
Hawaii will get more expensive in the next 4 years.
Looking at numbers, there's no way a person other than a Democrat will lead the State.
Ige gave us expensive energy. Green will probably give us more expensive housing and raise taxes on the hard earners to give to those who are soft earners.
Short sighted unions run this State and we are getting lemmingly close to the cliff.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 12:15:24 PM »
Republicans are the one that raise taxes on people that work for a living in order to give tax breaks to those who don't.

That explains why Hawaii has the lowest taxes in the nation:  Democrats run the state.

:wacko:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 12:16:32 PM »
cool story, bro...

Republicans are the one that raise taxes on people that work for a living in order to give tax breaks to those who don't.

aieahound

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 12:33:35 PM »
Can I ban rhayder from threads I start ?
(And I’m apparently considered a Liberal and blocked by RunDmc)

:stopjack:

Yup. Democrats overwhelmingly.

That’s why.
Sam Kong ran as a Republican and lost. He’s a semi icon in the community for his service but holds many Conservative views.  Zippz can vouch for this.
He switched to the D and has been elected ever since.

I think Bob McDermott would be good for Hawaii in Congress.

Democrats mopped though as usual.
Republicans need stronger candidates. ( won’t help in this State.)
Or the switch to D and infiltrate from within.

Could the General election be different ?
I voted Democrat because of my local Rep. but now I get to choose.
Why is there a Primary ? Let everyone run against everyone.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 12:43:02 PM by aieahound »

ren

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 01:03:53 PM »

Can you name ONE tax bill for the State of Hawaii that was passed by a Republican?
BTW, its a nice day outside...
Deeds Not Words

aieahound

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2022, 01:13:00 PM »
I was gonna say “Don’t put your head under the bridge.”

But good point .
Laws have been passed by Republican Governors….but not any Republican Legislatures since 1959 if I’m not mistaken.
 :stopjack:
Democrats win in a landslide. (November headlines ? )
Welcome to Hawaii.

hvybarrels

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022, 01:20:12 PM »
So many corruption cases that we are a national embarrassment

Rail, failing schools, poisoned water, rampant homelessness and a crime wave…

But everyone votes the same?

I don’t buy it. I think they tossed out a lot of Republican ballots
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

ren

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2022, 01:20:28 PM »
Democrats gave us the most expensive rail in the nation along with a tax that is INDEFINITE. Our Democrat elitists also shoved down our throats this fantasy of cheaper, "green" energy. I inquired about a PV storage battery. Lowest cost was $20k for a Tesla. My hybrid battery died. $3500. Meanwhile, other countries are still using coal at rates higher than Hawaii. We are stuck with a high energy bill and an iffy infrastructure. We should be ashamed.
Democrats don't innovate jack sh!t. If they were really smart and working for the people they would give us attractive CHOICES to switch to green energy.

Here's an example of absolute waste. https://www.honolulu.gov/jtmc  Millions spent on the bldg and probably more than that to pay these people that work there. Everyday there is traffic. They aren't managing shit. It's like that scene from Coming to America where Eddie Murphy is just pushing the mop bucket around not cleaning the floor.

Hawaii has a huge government in relation to its population. Why?
https://www.urban.org/policy-centers/cross-center-initiatives/state-and-local-finance-initiative/projects/state-fiscal-briefs/hawaii

Govt is not the solution to everything in life.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 01:28:31 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

hvybarrels

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2022, 01:57:30 PM »
This is first year the state is going with its new scanning machine vendor, Hart Intercivic. "So far so good," notes Nago, who says the machines processed the ballots quickly. "I'm happy with it."

https://www.kitv.com/news/elections-official-says-primary-election-night-ran-fairly-smoothly/article_281bbeec-1bb6-11ed-b75f-838451bbf139.html

I bet you are happy with it Scott.

More on Hart Intercivic:
Ties to Blackstone and Bain Capital
Multiple whistleblowers and lawsuits accusing them of creating back doors for fraud
Even the Wikipedia page mentions multiple fraud accusations from election officials

And of course it’s California’s favorite system

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_InterCivic

https://www.usenix.org/legacy/events/evt08/tech/full_papers/butler/butler_html/index.html

https://bradblog.com/Docs/Singer_v_HartInterCivic_OriginalComplaint.pdf
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

robtmc

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2022, 02:40:17 PM »
I don’t buy it. I think they tossed out a lot of Republican ballots
Who will stop them?

Heavies

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2022, 02:58:50 PM »
Totally disgusted (but not surprised)

Lots of people have time to gripe and whine, but not enough time to scribble on a few blocks and put it in a mailbox, apparently….

Nothing will change for the better in this state.

hvybarrels

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2022, 03:01:57 PM »
Who will stop them?

I don’t know how this ends, but it can’t go on forever. Hopefully the other states can pull off an upset and starve the Democratic machine of their power. That’s the only support our establishment enjoys at the moment, because popular sentiment is gone

Even Mrs Barrels was like “how the heck did Green win? Nobody likes him” and she hangs around libs all day

Heavies

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2022, 03:20:26 PM »
35% turnout?  WTF?

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/08/15/hawaii-has-over-850k-registered-voters-barely-35-them-actually-voted/?outputType=amp

That's normal in strong Democrat areas in years that the incumbent or party nominee/s is someone they'd rather not see win.

While they can't bring themselves to vote FOR a GOP or other 3rd party candidate, neither can they in good conscience vote for the Dem candidate.

Abstaining is a defense mechanism so they can't be blamed if the Dems remain in power to continue ruining the nation.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

aieahound

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2022, 03:45:57 PM »
You ever been to Hawaii ?

Kuleana

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2022, 05:03:43 PM »
Other than the Linda Lingle anomaly, Republicans will never ever get back the 50-year domination they had during Hawaii's territorial era.

Since the non-White local majority will never forget the racist terror of that time period, the ongoing core beliefs as well as dominance and corruption that pervades in the local Democratic Party will unfortunately continue into perpetuity.

hvybarrels

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2022, 05:29:14 PM »
Other than the Linda Lingle anomaly, Republicans will never ever get back the 50-year domination they had during Hawaii's territorial era.

Since the non-White local majority will never forget the racist terror of that time period, the ongoing core beliefs as well as dominance and corruption that pervades in the local Democratic Party will unfortunately continue into perpetuity.

I know plenty of Hawaiian uncles flying Trump flags now that the party is switching over to populism/MAGA.

It’s mostly the Japanese-descendant aristocracy and downtown haloe office dwellers that are trying to hold on to power for dear life.

They are the reason there’s more Polynesians in prison than any other race even though they make up a fraction of the population

The point of this sham election is to try and discourage us by creating a fake majoriy

QUIETShooter

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2022, 05:31:05 PM »
Unions + apathy = Josh Green for governor.  Another 8 years (oh yes, he will win re-election, they always do.....) of kermit style leadership.

And big government

And corruption

The Police Union is the only one brave enough to stand up against the status quo.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.