August 24 “Rimfire Only” (Read 6686 times)

drck1000

Re: August 24 “Rimfire Only”
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2022, 11:36:25 AM »
I always wonder if I have enough.  My wife said 'nough already, lol!  But when I appeal to her finance sense and say that so and so is having a deal on case sales she eventually gives in. ;)

As long as I say that the case lot will be more expensive if I buy later on, she'll say ok, go buy um, go.
I've seen some decent prices and availability on cases of 9 recently. . .

Go check 'um, go check 'um, go!  :thumbsup:

Plus, hurricane season, needed commodity in SHTF, etc

Also, you worked hard all your life.  Now time to enjoy some pew, pew, pew  ;D

macsak

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2022, 11:49:59 AM »
i would assume any work is going to involve a full shutdown...

Wow, range work is not as simple as just throwing dirt to make a berm then building a shooting shed.

I need to ask this question at the risk of showing how naive I am, but.....I am, lol!

Why would it be ok to shoot .22 LR?  Lower velocity?  Less bullet mass?

And is it ok to have shooters firing in one bay while work is being done on the other?  (Say people shooting at pistol bulleye while contractors working on the rifle side.)

oldfart

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2022, 12:01:46 PM »
Maybe they will open up the combat ranges for general public use.
What, Me Worry?

WTF?Shane

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2022, 02:12:45 PM »
Maybe they will open up the combat ranges for general public use.

Where are the combat ranges?

macsak

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2022, 02:19:28 PM »

the ones where people shoot at each other, i would guess...

drck1000

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2022, 02:20:56 PM »
Where or what?

the ones where people shot at each other, i would guess...
clips
boolits
WALL!

macsak

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2022, 02:25:01 PM »
heads

Where or what?
clips
boolits
WALL!

QUIETShooter

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2022, 02:29:07 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

zippz

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2022, 03:52:06 PM »
Official notice on caliber restriction is out.  https://www.honolulu.gov/cms-dpr-menu/site-dpr-sitearticles/38579-koko-head-shooting-complex.html

Not related to my reference to car fender hit by a bullet.  This was a riccochet to a.car window.  Probably from too many bullets buried in the backstop
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

drck1000

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2022, 03:56:37 PM »
Guess I'm hitting the range Thursday.   :geekdanc:

powder monkey

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2022, 04:19:03 PM »
 >:(
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 04:28:02 PM by powder monkey »

Bota-CS1

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2022, 04:34:42 PM »
Looks like this will be in place until November or so.  This weekend is going to be packed!
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

stangzilla

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2022, 04:38:28 PM »
Better hoard more.  I have a feeling prices will be up soon.

I've been hoarding since the Obama scare  ;)

stangzilla

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2022, 05:00:46 PM »
Looks like this will be in place until November or so.  This weekend is going to be packed!

I'll be there!
bringing some hot 44 magnum since I can't shoot them for a while   :'(

aaronc5362

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2022, 06:31:11 PM »
Official notice on caliber restriction is out.  https://www.honolulu.gov/cms-dpr-menu/site-dpr-sitearticles/38579-koko-head-shooting-complex.html

Not related to my reference to car fender hit by a bullet.  This was a riccochet to a.car window.  Probably from too many bullets buried in the backstop

So did they find this supposed dormant slug ? Was it a foster or brenneke slug thats "soft" lead or was it sabot slug? Your telling me it ricocheted over the firing line and hit a car window? Wouldnt it seem more likely that the ricochet happened from the action bay side?

I wonder if the property damage victim is on this forum?

I think they should keep the firing line on the north facing range as is or knock it down halfway. That hill does in fact provide protection. If a bullet can ricochet there it certainly can at the action bay side. I know law enforcement shoots slugs down there.

They can fill up kokohead with all that dirt from keeamoku lol

QUIETShooter

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2022, 06:52:59 PM »

They can fill up kokohead with all that dirt from keeamoku lol

If they do that I going throw squash, tomato, and bell pepa seeds in the middle of the range. :D
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2022, 07:07:57 PM »
Beginning Wednesday, Aug. 24, 2022 a temporary caliber, firearm limit will be implemented
for the three north-facing firearm ranges at the Koko Head Shooting Complex (KHSC). Only
.22LR caliber ammunition and firearms will be allowed to discharge at the pistol, rifle, and
silhouette ranges at KHSC. The archery range and south-facing firearm ranges (trap, skeet,
and cowboy action) will not be affected by this temporary limitation.

Whew!  for a minute I thought I was going to be restricted to .22LR arrows.   :geekdanc: :thumbsup:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

mrgaf

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2022, 07:13:47 PM »

Just wondering if HPD/other law enforcement agencies will be able to use the skeet and combat action bays during this shutdown?😏
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

aaronc5362

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2022, 07:40:35 PM »
Just wondering if HPD/other law enforcement agencies will be able to use the skeet and combat action bays during this shutdown?😏

Prob. It said the southern facing ranges.. Are not affected. If I read it correctly.

mrgaf

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2022, 07:54:19 PM »

Prob. It said the southern facing ranges.. Are not affected. If I read it correctly.

Once actual construction starts the entire range will supposedly be shut down…….  :)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.