Tulsi Gabbard loves guns? (Read 13062 times)

QUIETShooter

Re: Tulsi Gabbard loves guns?
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2022, 01:32:54 PM »
I don't think she's in lovely Hawaii anymore, moved to the mainland a while ago.  I guess she might come "home" once in a while to visit family, who knows.  seems like Hawaii is distantly in her rear-view mirror, fading.

Her and Obummer.

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

oldfart

« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2022, 01:52:34 PM »
I don't think she's in lovely Hawaii anymore, moved to the mainland a while ago.  I guess she might come "home" once in a while to visit family, who knows.  seems like Hawaii is distantly in her rear-view mirror, fading.
=========
Maybe she is smarter than we think.  :rofl: :rofl:
A lot of my friends and family have moved away.
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2022, 02:02:43 PM »
According to her Twitter and other sites that track celebs/politicians, she moved to DC when she was in the US Congress.

Since she left Congress, she's now living in Hawaii again.

I might be wrong, but that's what I've been able to turn up.

:geekdanc:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2022, 02:14:47 PM »
According to her Twitter and other sites that track celebs/politicians, she moved to DC when she was in the US Congress.

Since she left Congress, she's now living in Hawaii again.

I might be wrong, but that's what I've been able to turn up.

:geekdanc:
===============
stalker

LOL
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2022, 02:16:50 PM »
===============
stalker

LOL

I assumed stalkers needed more than a few web searches to be branded!   :shake:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 09:19:44 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2022, 02:24:52 PM »
I assumed stalkers needed more that a few web searches to be branded!   :shake:

It’s a whole new era of stupid

We need all the allies we can muster
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

aieahound

« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2022, 02:57:27 PM »
We need all the allies we can muster

That I can agree with.  :thumbsup:

dafrtknocker

« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2022, 09:10:16 PM »

Heavies

« Reply #188 on: November 02, 2022, 09:45:21 PM »

hvybarrels

« Reply #189 on: November 02, 2022, 10:11:33 PM »
I’d say she’s more of a cougar than a wolf
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

« Reply #190 on: November 03, 2022, 08:44:18 AM »
Tulsi - 2nd Amendment: Our right 'shall not be infringed'

https://tulsi.substack.com/p/2nd-amendment-our-right-shall-not?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

She has yet to specify if this applies to "assault rifles". Because many anti 2a politicians also state they support the 2a, but with reason.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2022, 11:00:42 AM »
She has yet to specify if this applies to "assault rifles". Because many anti 2a politicians also state they support the 2a, but with reason.

If you need to see/hear the words "I am 100% opposed to an assault rifle [sic] ban," then, no, she didn't say that explicitly.

What she did have to say on that specific issue was this:

They argued these restrictions would inevitably lead to confiscation, and that as the power
of government expanded, it was even more essential that we protect our Second Amendment.
Mention of a ‘tyrannical government’ seemed so off-base to me, I didn’t give it much thought.
I brushed off their objections and supported seemingly rational ideas like limited capacity
magazines and banning assault rifles.
President Biden relentlessly pushes for gun confiscation and reinstating the assault weapons
ban.
Meanwhile, they are politicizing Federal agencies like the Department of Justice and
Homeland Security, and using them to target law-abiding Americans who oppose the radical
so-called woke agenda of this Administration. They are dangerously showing their authoritarian
instincts through their rhetoric, policies, and actions — undermining our God-given freedoms
enshrined in the Constitution at every turn.

The actions of today’s Democrat party and the Biden Administration are proving how visionary
our founders were in ensuring the Second Amendment came after the First Amendment. We
cannot fold under the pressure of tyranny. Our rights shall not be infringed.

Taken in the context of her new position on the Second Amendment, it's safe to assume she would oppose an AWB if she were again a lawmaker.

Since she's no longer an elected official, it's really not as important how she would vote on a new AWB.  The fact that she now sees the true purpose of 2A (not "hunting or hobby"), I think she gets it, and that the potentially tyrannical government we arm ourselves against has no right to dictate which weapons we have as "arms."

That's how I read it.

One of the most common arguments used to undermine gun rights will usually sound like:
“Our founders only had muskets; they never imagined the high powered firearms available
to citizens today.” In fact, immediately following the Supreme Court’s ruling on the case of
New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen, New York’s Democrat Governor Kathy Hochul
immediately excoriated the decision at a press conference where she recited this tired talking point.
However, it was what she said immediately prior to this that unmasks how many Democrats truly
feel about the second amendment and our Constitution as a whole. Governor Hochul’s comments
were as follows:

“And I’m sorry this dark day has come, that we’re supposed to go back to what was in place
since 1788 when the Constitution of the United States was ratified. And I would like to point
out to the Supreme Court Justices that the only weapons at the time were muskets.
I’m prepared to go back to muskets.”

Let’s step back and dissect that for a moment. Governor Hochul considers it a dark day for her constituents
in New York to reclaim the rights promised to them under our Constitution; ones that she and the Democrat
controlled state legislature were infringing upon. These remarks were unprepared, as news of the ruling
broke during an already scheduled press conference – and so thanks to this rare moment of unfiltered honesty,
we now know her true feelings. Governor Hochul fundamentally disagrees with the original intent of the
second amendment.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 10:04:16 AM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

aieahound

« Reply #192 on: November 04, 2022, 12:16:25 PM »