Do You Really Need a Red Dot on Your Pistol? (Read 6097 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Do You Really Need a Red Dot on Your Pistol?
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2023, 12:59:45 PM »
What do the surveys say about the conditions under which a CCW owner will require the use of his gun indoors or at night, where the RDS or Laser light will allow you to shoot more accurately? Second question is about CCW holsters that work with a laser targeting system? RDS works well in a Sig 365 pistol/holster combination, but finding a holster with a cutout for an under barrel laser light is not easy.
Depends on the brands of holster and laser/light.  Many combo light/laser sights are accommodated fine by holsters that work with weapons lights, since the laser and light are in a similar size package as a light alone.  I use Safariland holsters with light cavities, and they work fine if you order to match your model laser.

Viridian is one laser sight company that makes holsters for their lasers.  if you get the right type, the holster activates the laser/light upon drawing.  Not saying the holsters they sell are as well designed as other brands, but they make finding one easier.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Fox800

Re: Do You Really Need a Red Dot on Your Pistol?
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2023, 06:14:47 PM »
I was slow to get on the uptake with RDS on my pistols, but now I wouldn't want to go without one. I've been very impressed with the RMRcc on my P365 and the Holosun HS507C-X2 with the ACSS Vulcan reticle on my other pistols.