Official Hawaii CCW Thread (Read 30621 times)

changemyoil66

Re: Official Hawaii CCW Thread
« Reply #280 on: February 06, 2024, 08:27:31 AM »

macsak

« Reply #281 on: February 06, 2024, 08:34:40 AM »
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 08:53:58 AM by macsak »

changemyoil66

« Reply #282 on: February 08, 2024, 09:23:09 AM »
So I have a fanny pack (Spiritus Systems) and Mrs CMO has the Vertx EDC (Lena line).  Of the 2, the Vertx seems much more sturdier.  It is about 35% larger too.  The Lena one is also much more comfortable as the straps aren't as flimsy as the Spriritus one.

macsak

« Reply #283 on: February 08, 2024, 09:41:57 AM »
cool story, bro...

So I have a fanny pack (Spiritus Systems) and Mrs CMO has the Vertx EDC (Lena line).  Of the 2, the Vertx seems much more sturdier.  It is about 35% larger too.  The Lena one is also much more comfortable as the straps aren't as flimsy as the Spriritus one.

changemyoil66

« Reply #284 on: February 08, 2024, 07:24:05 PM »
The waistband on the Vertx is better. Overall, the Vertx feels like better quality.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #285 on: February 14, 2024, 08:43:43 AM »
This is the level of confidence I have with HPD.  I'm applying for my CCW as my other one expired.  I am making copies of all paperwork because some may go "missing".  I have multiple friends who got call backs saying they're "missing" something.

Compare this to applying for our NV CCW. Just take the signed paper that you took the required test over to Metro and fill out 1 or 2 forms there.  The signed form by the CCW instructor doesn't have to be notarized, so you receive it on the spot after the class is done. No passport photo is needed, they take your prints and photo on the spot as well. Then mail you your CCW card within 120 days.  They also take credit card.

So add in the trips one has to make for a HI CCW. 1 trip for your passport photo. 1 trip to the bank to grab cash. 1 trip if you have Straub and they won't send over the medical waiver via fax (if you choose to pick it up). 1 trip back to HPD to take your photo as they won't take it until you've been approved and issue the CCW card.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #286 on: February 14, 2024, 11:52:41 AM »
Hawaii's system for CCW was designed with the three D's in mind:

Deny

Discourage

Delay

I can't think of any other reason the system is the way it is compared to the other Free States.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Jaco808

« Reply #287 on: February 14, 2024, 05:22:18 PM »
I got a 4 year ccw, no need to be paranoid everyone in hpd isn't against you.  Plenty supporters, others just doing their jobs.  Only probably a few anti's.   

macsak

« Reply #288 on: February 14, 2024, 05:35:56 PM »
please show me where anyone said everyone in hpd is against anyone...

I got a 4 year ccw, no need to be paranoid everyone in hpd isn't against you.  Plenty supporters, others just doing their jobs.  Only probably a few anti's.

ren

« Reply #289 on: February 14, 2024, 06:12:05 PM »

its not about you
Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #290 on: February 15, 2024, 08:09:50 AM »
Applied yesterday. The CCW guy was in a good mood. I was the only one in there and was able to leave in about 5 mins as I prefilled all my paperwork. As I was leaving a group of 3 guys were waiting (all friends). Went about 4:30.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #291 on: February 15, 2024, 09:55:27 AM »

Nobody here said, "Everyone in HPD is against" them.  Nobody but you.

The reality is the police officers and civilian employers follow the policies and orders dictated by the Chief.

Only one person needs to be against you.  The rest of the department's motives don't matter.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #292 on: February 20, 2024, 08:35:52 AM »
Forgot to post this.

I had to bring exact cash of $150. That was the only amount collected from me to apply for the CCW. They didn't even ask about RAPBACK, but it's on their system anyways. IDK if one has to be in this to get their CCW, which means you gotta pay that too.

Because I have Straub, I had to fill out a form that isn't online. Same goes if you have Kaiser, so make sure you do this in case the officer doesn't bring it up. The guy who helped me brought it up.

By prefilling out all my forms, this saved a lot of time. I was done in less than 7 minutes. I also made copies of the affidavits, but did bring the originals in case HPD has to make copies. They accepted the ones I brought.  Again, time saving. But they did have to make copy of my drivers license.

kkhawaii

« Reply #293 on: March 02, 2024, 09:31:14 AM »
So my LTC is supposed to expire in July. Seeing how long it takes to get approved, should I retake the CCW class now and submit for renewal?

Are there any rules on submitting an application with a pistol you are already approved for?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #294 on: March 02, 2024, 12:41:50 PM »
So my LTC is supposed to expire in July. Seeing how long it takes to get approved, should I retake the CCW class now and submit for renewal?

Are there any rules on submitting an application with a pistol you are already approved for?

if they follow the same policies as for renewing long gun permits, they won't accept a LTC renewal app earlier than the amount of time they SAY it takes to get the renewal.  So, if they say it's a 60-day max time between application and issue, then you can't renew sooner than 60 days out.

Their rationale is they don't want you to have overlapping permits/licenses.  The renewal is issued no sooner than the day the previous one expires.

Not sure what you mean by "a pistol you are already approved for."  The rules for which pistols you can carry don't change with renewal.  If you want to add another pistol to your CCW rotation, you need separate applications for each one.  If you had a Glock on your old LTC, and you want to change to a Sig, you can no longer carry the Glock -- that LTC expired.  Have to apply separately for the Glock and Sig to legally carry either.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

QUIETShooter

« Reply #295 on: March 02, 2024, 03:46:14 PM »
And Hawaii, the "special place" state known for its "unique" Aloha Spirit, will grudgingly acknowledge that you have the right to carry a firearm for self-defense.

But Lordy, Lordy, will you pay through your nose to do so.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Rocky

« Reply #296 on: March 19, 2024, 10:18:31 AM »
Saturday, March 23, 8am North Shore

Safety only (2024 version now required for firearm Permit to Acquire and Joint Registration)
$200 + $50 Range fee, you provide your own ammo
100-150 rounds for Safety range time,
$300 + $50 range fee if I provide ammo (9mm and .38 only) for safety class.

LTC only (2024 version now required for  License to Carry)
Must already have registered handgun
$200 + $50 Range fee, you provide your own ammo.
100-150 rounds for Safety range time + minimum 25 rounds per gun for LTC.
$250 + $50 range fee if I provide ammo (9mm and .38 only) for safety class, you provide minimum 25 rounds for your gun(s) for LTC Proficiency.

Safety and LTC (2024 version now required for  License to Carry)
$250 + $50 Range fee, you provide your own ammo.
$300 + $50 range fee if I provide ammo (9mm only) for safety class, you provide minimum 25 rounds for your gun(s) for LTC Proficiency.

We usually have extra range time post class.
PM for more info.

Rocky
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 10:32:11 AM by Rocky »
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #297 on: March 23, 2024, 04:49:13 PM »
Class of Saturday, March 23 will have notarized docs by tomorrow, Sunday 3pm

Saturday, March 23, 8am North Shore

Safety only (2024 version now required for firearm Permit to Acquire and Joint Registration)
100-150 rounds for Safety range time,
$300 + $50 range fee if I provide ammo (9mm and .38 only) for safety class.

LTC only (2024 version now required for  License to Carry)
$200 + $50 Range fee, you provide your own ammo.
$250 + $50 range fee if I provide ammo (9mm and .38 only) for safety class, you provide minimum 25 rounds for your gun(s) for LTC Proficiency.

Safety and LTC (2024 version now required for  License to Carry)
$300 + $50 range fee if I provide ammo (9mm only) for safety class, you provide minimum 25 rounds for your gun(s) for LTC Proficiency.

We usually have extra range time post class.
PM for more info.

Rocky
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #298 on: March 28, 2024, 09:58:24 AM »
Short notice but I got the range day.
    Setting up a combination class' Saturday March 30th which includes 2024 Safety Course & 2024 License To Carry.

Safety only (2024 version now required for firearm Permit to Acquire a Handgun)
100 rounds for Safety range time,
$250 + $50 range fee if I provide ammo (9mm only) for safety class.

Safety and LTC (Both 2024 version's now required for License to Carry)
100 rounds for Safety range time + minimum 25 rounds per gun for LTC.

DM with phone # or Email HaleLaie@aol.com for more info
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

changemyoil66

« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2024, 11:47:31 AM »
After 1 year and 2 months, my friend finally go this CCW.