Fast X (Read 1339 times)

stangzilla

Fast X
« on: February 10, 2023, 05:21:14 PM »

I didn't like this movie series at first when it was more about street racing bc was very fake-ish racing.  but now it's more like action movies with cars, so now I really like the Fast movies
my only question is:  why no Mustangs???  :wave:

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Fast X
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 05:56:23 PM »
From what I can tell, Ford has focused (pun intended) on SUVs, the F-150 Pickup and now the Mustang Mach-E all electric SUV.

They haven't really shown much interest in muscle cars, probably due to the Climate Change policies and high gas prices that are permeating the US.

Evil fossil fuels, you know.

JMHO
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 10:41:00 PM »
R34 Skyline GT-R is available for import this year based on date of manufacture.

After my JDM experience I would recommend using a broker.

“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

robtmc

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 08:48:22 AM »
Too bad it will always still be a Datsun.

hvybarrels

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 10:36:10 AM »
Too bad it will always still be a Datsun.

A Datsun that sells for $359,000 at auction

My bad 2024 is the first year you can bring them in, but most have been scooped up and are sitting in warehouses waiting for their month to come up.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

aieahound

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2023, 04:14:45 PM »
They had a ‘67 fastback in Tokyo Drift. (3rd one ?) Mustang, not Datsun.

I always wanted an old school Ceilca. Had an old school Supra. Also had a ‘71 Pinto with 4 on the floor. Talk about a low rider. Seriously. Was like driving a fast go kart.
Now I want a WRX but realistically, I like just sliding in and out of my truck.

hvybarrels

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2023, 04:33:58 PM »
I always wanted an old school Ceilca. Had an old school Supra. Also had a ‘71 Pinto with 4 on the floor. Talk about a low rider. Seriously. Was like driving a fast go kart.

There's something to be said about some of the Japanese MT subcompacts. They make you feel like you are going fast but with the added bonus that you're much less likely to get arrested.

stangzilla

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2023, 08:41:39 PM »
I like the 70 Charger in the Fast movies. Iconic muscle car
I also rode in a Nissan GTR on a SCCA road course when I used to race in SCCA. awesome handling car and plenty power
But I'm a Mustang guy. Mustang is still top of the food chain in muscle cars, IMO

GT500. 760 HP. With a SC upgrade, easy 1000+HP

The new GT Darkhouse 500HP. Add SC and you are in the 650-700+HP

aieahound

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2023, 07:20:30 PM »
Mustang smoked by a Pinto.

I had a ‘71 handed down from Pops. My older brother and sister both passed on it.
My friend and his brother used to supe them up. Tiny engine but huge engine compartment. They were dropping like V8s in ‘em. The Medeiros brothers.
And they’re so light. Like a Volkswagen Bug on steroids. Definitely had some Bugs on steroids though.

They should have a Bug, a Pinto, a Square body Nova and a Stingray.  :D

ren

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2023, 07:28:06 PM »
Dumb plot. Dumb stories. Dumb actors.
Deeds Not Words

robtmc

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2023, 07:32:16 PM »
Dumb plot. Dumb stories. Dumb actors.
Will likely never see it, but it is certainly "woke". so are there plenty of those oversized golf cart teasler things?
Liberals are all about the damn things, and they would make for great explosions and fires, just like in real life!

robtmc

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2023, 07:36:45 PM »
A Datsun that sells for $359,000 at auction
Is still a Datsun, once the most wretched of japanese cars.

Their execrable commercials forever tainted the brand, along with the recycled beercan materials of the early ones.

They did not help themselves with the hilarious "rocks and water" ads for those infinity things.  Made a laughingstock of Datsun. as if the Awwwsome" crap had not already.

hvybarrels

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2023, 12:00:50 AM »
Is still a Datsun, once the most wretched of japanese cars.

Their execrable commercials forever tainted the brand, along with the recycled beercan materials of the early ones.

They did not help themselves with the hilarious "rocks and water" ads for those infinity things.  Made a laughingstock of Datsun. as if the Awwwsome" crap had not already.

Nissan had a pretty good run in the 90’s before Carlos Ghosn messed it all up and then smuggled himself out of Japan in a suitcase in order to avoid prosecution.