How are you preparing/prepared for Corona? (Read 32408 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: How are you preparing/prepared for Corona?
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2020, 01:34:17 PM »
Read a joke that someone should put him in a care home and just tell him that he won.

If you watched that video of Biden and didn't come away believing he's suffering from dementia, I don't know what it would take.  He's trying to give talking points that have to be on the prompter in front of him, and he STILL can't do more than toss out gibberish.

I'm surprised he's not being shadowed by a doctor specializing in strokes and aneurysms, since Joe has a history.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

What, Me Worry?

RSN172

« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2020, 05:52:36 AM »
Since I bought that one gal. pump sprayer from HD for $10 to use as a butt hole cleaner, one roll of tp can last me 3 months. 450 sheets per roll and use only 4 to dry, that is a lot of dumps.  It is true what many say about bidet style cleaning, you not only feel cleaner, you are cleaner.  After spraying and make sure you are hitting your butt hole and not your ass, wipe with with some tp and it will be clean with no brown streaks on it.  If you have wahines in the house, you can really save on tp if they use it when they pee and then use a hand towel to dry.

GlockNewb

« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2020, 04:37:17 PM »
From Costco as of 4/5/2020, approx 4pm.
"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2020, 04:58:42 PM »
From Costco as of 4/5/2020, approx 4pm.

Which location?
-- Melvin Udall

RSN172

« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2020, 05:52:28 PM »
Everybody get mo den enuf tp.  Hoarders ran out of storage space so not buying any mo.  Betta stock up on rice.

GlockNewb

« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2020, 08:39:37 PM »

GlockNewb

« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2020, 08:48:44 PM »
Everybody get mo den enuf tp.  Hoarders ran out of storage space so not buying any mo.  Betta stock up on rice.

They were still limiting to 1 bag/person, but bulk brown and white rice were re-stocked

drck1000

« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2020, 09:22:39 AM »
My friend's fridge/freezer konked out yesterday.  So she had to scramble to find one.  With Sears on Hawaii way smaller than they used to be, hopefully Lowe's or Home Depot can.  But that is one thing that would be pretty  :shake: right now.

Of course this morning, I hear some strange noises coming from my fridge/freezer.  It's probably the most stocked it has ever been.  Even the beer mugs came out of the freezer.   8)

macsak

« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2020, 09:30:24 AM »
My friend's fridge/freezer konked out yesterday.  So she had to scramble to find one.  With Sears on Hawaii way smaller than they used to be, hopefully Lowe's or Home Depot can.  But that is one thing that would be pretty  :shake: right now.

Of course this morning, I hear some strange noises coming from my fridge/freezer.  It's probably the most stocked it has ever been.  Even the beer mugs came out of the freezer.   8)

heads

changemyoil66

« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2020, 09:33:41 AM »

Is Best Buy open?  Worst case is craigs list.

drck1000

« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2020, 09:58:32 AM »
Is Best Buy open?  Worst case is craigs list.
Think they are open.  She's pretty well connected, so I'm sure she's fine.  While she can be a bit of a drama queen, having to scramble to get a fridge/freezer replaced right now would be  :shake:

macsak

« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2020, 10:12:38 AM »
Think they are open.  She's pretty well connected, so I'm sure she's fine.  While she can be a bit of a drama queen, having to scramble to get a fridge/freezer replaced right now would be  :shake:

best buy is hands free pickup and order in the parking lot only...

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2020, 10:29:09 AM »
My experience with Best Buy is I had to ask if they had the model fridge or washer/dryer I wanted ON ISLAND if I needed it before 3-8 weeks.  If it's in the warehouse, you can get it as soon as they can schedule delivery, usually in 2-3 days.

Tell your friend to also look at Hawaii Energy rebates.  Sometimes you can get a rebate if you recycle the old fridge.  The "rid-a-fridge" deal requires the fridge be running, but I've turned in fridges that were working except not cooling as well as previously.  "Running" to me means it turns on and makes noise.   :geekdanc: :shaka:

They also have programs that recycle ANY fridge just to keep the things out of the landfill.   Both programs recycle as many components possible, including copper tubing and refrigerant.

For a limited time, receive a $150 rebate* when you purchase a qualifying ENERGY STAR® certified refrigerator from a participating retailer**.

**Participants are listed on the website by island.

Let us recycle that old working refrigerator/freezer for FREE and pay you! Residents of Hawaii island, Maui County and Oahu will receive $75 for each one.

https://hawaiienergy.com/for-homes/rebates/appliances

You can use one of those rebates or the other, but not both.
-- Melvin Udall

Rocky

« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2020, 03:43:44 PM »

Check the Sears Scratch and Dent Distribution Center  located at 98-600 Kamehameha Hwy in Honolulu, Hawaii 96813.
They can be contacted via phone at (808) 453-3526 for pricing, hours and directions.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

drck1000

« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2020, 11:20:06 AM »
Cut my hair last night.  Was getting irritating.  While I didn't have to go with my "backup" plan to buzz it all, it may come to that yet.

Feedback from some friends and seems like consensus was that it was "pretty good", but they couldn't see the back.  Haha.  A female friend said that she could to a better job.  We'll see. . .

:rofl:

drck1000

« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2020, 09:22:57 AM »
Now that we've been living in the CV19 pandemic for weeks now, had it changed how you plan to prepare moving forward?  What have you been doing that the current situation reinforced?

In general, I don't plan on doing anything different overall.  One may be to pay attention to the news/reports more as situations develop in other countries.  Don't feel that I got caught unaware or behind, but I do think I could have done better.  In general, I tend to stay away from the MSM news sources for other reasons.

One aspect of preparation that I always felt was an important consideration was how people react to whatever the situation.  Whether it be a pandemic, natural disaster, strike, whatever.  There were many things that happened that were expected, but also some things that I found that were quite  ???  Overall, I think a lot of what I noticed that made me scratch my head was due to the irrational side of folks coming out.  That's usually what worries me the most in many situations. 

oldfart

« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2020, 09:32:07 AM »
Overall, I think a lot of what I noticed that made me scratch my head was due to the irrational side of folks coming out.  That's usually what worries me the most in many situations.
==========
yup....irrational behavior is always a problem during a stressful period.
Apparently it takes a pandemic to make people realize this.
What, Me Worry?

groveler

« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2020, 12:05:42 PM »
Now that we've been living in the CV19 pandemic for weeks now, had it changed how you plan to prepare moving forward?  What have you been doing that the current situation reinforced?

In general, I don't plan on doing anything different overall.  One may be to pay attention to the news/reports more as situations develop in other countries.  Don't feel that I got caught unaware or behind, but I do think I could have done better.  In general, I tend to stay away from the MSM news sources for other reasons.

One aspect of preparation that I always felt was an important consideration was how people react to whatever the situation.  Whether it be a pandemic, natural disaster, strike, whatever.  There were many things that happened that were expected, but also some things that I found that were quite  ???  Overall, I think a lot of what I noticed that made me scratch my head was due to the irrational side of folks coming out.  That's usually what worries me the most in many situations.
"In general, I don't plan on doing anything different overall.  One may be to pay attention to the news/reports more as situations develop in other countries."

I don't do much different myself, but I'm retired in a rural area, and a pretty much stay at home guy.
I made a dump, beer, milk, post office, and gas run yesterday, no great difference other than the tourists are gone.
I normally hit most the worlds news sites daily while I stream talk radio in the morning.
Interesting enough, Hawaii's Lockdown is just like the Russian Lockdown,  except we don't need Digital passes to leave home.
I'd bet if Democrats had the infrastructure to do it we would have such a system also.
Amazing how much Freedom we casually toss away.
On a normal day in the USA about 6,700 people die from all causes.
With this Lockdown, anecdotally that number has dramatically decreased.
I hope the world's economic depression is worth it.
Hawaii certainly will not recover for many years.

Inspector

« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2020, 12:42:07 PM »

Our situation is a little different as we had to move during this pandemic. Also, I had to get rid of a lot of preps, water and food before I moved. When we arrived in AZ we had absolutely nothing. Starting to recover from no food. We have about 3 weeks worth now. And we will begin a rotation of food stuffs after all of our stuff arrives. We need to obtain more dried food as my food expired just as I was moving. And the frozen and fresh food we planned on using up before the move had to be dumped due to my wife’s going back into the hospital twice in less than 3 months. We have nothing to cook with so everything has to be frozen/fresh but microwaveable. Or freezes dried. Frozen foods usually suck so we have been buying freshly prepared foods from Trader Joe’s that just need to be microwaved. At least we are at the point that we are no longer eating out for every meal. Water should be a little better situation for us as we have a lot more room to store water. We have been out shopping every day just to get the stuff we need to be functional. But tomorrow we start hunkering down as we have everything we need until our stuff arrives. If the world shut down tomorrow we have enough to survive for 3 weeks. It’s not a lot but it is better than the position we were in less than 2 weeks ago.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!