Man in the High Castle (Read 10367 times)

Drakiir84

Re: Man in the High Castle
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 01:26:28 PM »
Season 3 is out ;-)
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

changemyoil66

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 01:42:57 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 08:31:02 PM »
I just realized there is no mention of Italy in the movie....

I blazed through the first two seasons but haven't started the 3rd yet. The series took a weird supernatural type turn though that I don't know if I feel works well or not yet.

changemyoil66

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2018, 11:07:56 PM »

I blazed through the first two seasons but haven't started the 3rd yet. The series took a weird supernatural type turn though that I don't know if I feel works well or not yet.
Thats what i was thinking.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Drakiir84

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2018, 07:27:26 AM »

Perhaps there's no mention of Italy because in their world Hitler wasn't a strategical moron and left them to deal with their own shit instead of diverting forces.  Hitlers blunders were numerous during the war. 
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 08:50:38 PM »
Perhaps there's no mention of Italy because in their world Hitler wasn't a strategical moron and left them to deal with their own shit instead of diverting forces.  Hitlers blunders were numerous during the war.

I am quite amazed he got things done. So many absolutely stupid military decisions Hitler made... Maybe half genius half idiot?

AusTac

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2018, 01:36:05 AM »
If you guys lost, i'd be japanese %100 they tried to get us in darwin

changemyoil66

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2018, 09:04:03 AM »
I am quite amazed he got things done. So many absolutely stupid military decisions Hitler made... Maybe half genius half idiot?

He had the Spear of Destiny.

drck1000

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2018, 02:12:32 PM »
Have plenty of time to occupy myself while recovering from surgery, so watched season 1. It was interesting and got better as the season went on. Kinda of had the feel of The Americans combined with Lost. Lots of pertinent examples and lessons of “what if’s” things are taken for granted on many levels. But also lots of :facepalm: level character drama like in The Walking Dead.

Will likely watch Season 2 and then go back into the earlier posts in this thread.

Drakiir84

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2018, 08:40:37 PM »
Have plenty of time to occupy myself while recovering from surgery, so watched season 1. It was interesting and got better as the season went on. Kinda of had the feel of The Americans combined with Lost. Lots of pertinent examples and lessons of “what if’s” things are taken for granted on many levels. But also lots of :facepalm: level character drama like in The Walking Dead.

Will likely watch Season 2 and then go back into the earlier posts in this thread.
Finally went through with gender reassignment?  Grats girl!  Seriously if you need anything let me know.   Also, watch Norsemen, unless laughing hurts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

-Jeff Cooper

DesertRangerTycho

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2018, 12:22:57 AM »
He had the Spear of Destiny.

Maybe in this world, Indiana Jones failed to prevent the Nazis from getting the Arc of the Covenant! 

changemyoil66

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2018, 08:48:04 AM »
Maybe in this world, Indiana Jones failed to prevent the Nazis from getting the Arc of the Covenant!

Not really, if Indy was there or not, the results would have been the same.

Nazi's had the medallion anyways because Indy wouldn't have been there to stop them.  So with the medallion, they would have been digging in the right spot.  Got the arc and all died anyways.

drck1000

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2018, 10:54:53 PM »
Finally went through with gender reassignment?  Grats girl!  Seriously if you need anything let me know.   Also, watch Norsemen, unless laughing hurts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks! Got this girlfriend.

Season 2 pau. Liked it more than season 1. Still a very much Americans and Lost. Still also lots of frustrating drama. Having recently watched a lot of history of WWII and Hitler both helps as one can appreciate the “alternate realities”.

zippz

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2018, 09:24:44 AM »
Also watch Go For Broke about the recruitment of the 442nd and is playing at Dole theaters until Friday.  Its people like them that sacrificed their lives fighting the Germans  so we can live today.  Slow, but very good movie.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

drck1000

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2018, 03:42:41 PM »
Finished Season 3. Went way more the way of Lost with still The Americans sort of espionage stuff. Liked Season 2 better,  it Season 3 was entertaining. There was some pretty deep shit to wade through in their world. 

SPOILERS Below

I like how they incorporated a good amount twists in history. Like George Lincoln Rockwell and J. Edgar Hoover. Enjoyed that plot progression.

Juliana is a frustrating idealist protagonist. Can’t shake the Office Space from Abendsen. Haha. Kept wanting him to ask for his stapler after he was captured.

Lots of “things that’s make you go hmm” stuff in there as well. Still lots of to explain.  I’d want to know more about Smith’s rise from a US Army LT to where he is. Maybe they covered it, but may have missed it.

Figured the film and parallel worlds stuff would get deeper and weirder with Ridley Scott having a hand in things.

Having recently watched a bunch of stuff on WWII and Hitler, it helped realize many of the what if’s. Also recognition of key players. I have been interested in Rommel and his name made it into the show. Enjoyed that.

Yeah, I didn’t get too caught up in the realistic what if parts. I did see that the Reich has all of Africa. When Heusmann was going over their plans for attack, I notices the maps. That said, they did seem to spend quite a bit of time on fleshing out back stories.

Of course noticed the guns. And many of the Resisitance folks are damn super shooters. When Juliana and the other lady was shooting cans with pistols at around 50 yards!  :o

drck1000

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2018, 03:49:00 PM »
Blunders as well as not letting his military geniuses around him lead. Also Hiltler’s health problems. Now that I think about it, what happened with Stalin?

Focus was on North America and Berlin. It was interesting that SF seemed like a slummy shithole and NY and Berlin were all high society. Damn Yakuza that’s why...

drck1000

Re: Man in the High Tower
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2018, 03:53:55 PM »
I doubt they could've held the US and the world for long.  They would've been stretched too thin by occupying most of the world.  Supply lines, manpower, resources, etc.  If they ruled with an iron fist and put everyone in poverty then the world would rebel.

Large empires like this don't last long in history.
Who’s to say they didn’t already have key figures in place to take over control of the US infrastructure. That seems like what happened in the story. Key US folks still in positions of power, but effectively controlled by Nazis.

changemyoil66

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2019, 08:46:24 PM »
Watching season 3 now.

Wonder if hawaii would have gone to the reich or japs due to its location and PH.

Noticed japs still using ww2 era guns which would make sense and seen mp5s by the nazis. I was wondering when HK would make its appearance #heads.

Season 3 getting a little more sci-fi. But thats also true. Nazis did a lot of this type of r & d. Look up "nazi bell".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 08:55:23 PM by changemyoil66 »

changemyoil66

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2019, 08:48:40 PM »
Finished Season 3. Went way more the way of Lost with still The Americans sort of espionage stuff. Liked Season 2 better,  it Season 3 was entertaining. There was some pretty deep shit to wade through in their world. 

SPOILERS Below

I like how they incorporated a good amount twists in history. Like George Lincoln Rockwell and J. Edgar Hoover. Enjoyed that plot progression.

Juliana is a frustrating idealist protagonist. Can’t shake the Office Space from Abendsen. Haha. Kept wanting him to ask for his stapler after he was captured.

Lots of “things that’s make you go hmm” stuff in there as well. Still lots of to explain.  I’d want to know more about Smith’s rise from a US Army LT to where he is. Maybe they covered it, but may have missed it.

Figured the film and parallel worlds stuff would get deeper and weirder with Ridley Scott having a hand in things.

Having recently watched a bunch of stuff on WWII and Hitler, it helped realize many of the what if’s. Also recognition of key players. I have been interested in Rommel and his name made it into the show. Enjoyed that.

Yeah, I didn’t get too caught up in the realistic what if parts. I did see that the Reich has all of Africa. When Heusmann was going over their plans for attack, I notices the maps. That said, they did seem to spend quite a bit of time on fleshing out back stories.

Of course noticed the guns. And many of the Resisitance folks are damn super shooters. When Juliana and the other lady was shooting cans with pistols at around 50 yards!  :o
Now ive seen the beer can part and made fun of the wife and her flintch. Also reminded me of rambo 2 where the vc guy shooting at rambo on the rocks and he haf his bow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

drck1000

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2019, 12:50:01 PM »
Season 4 (and last for Amazon) coming out on 15 Nov 2019  :geekdanc: