Malkoff E2HT VS. E2T (Read 2415 times)

Mdotweber

Malkoff E2HT VS. E2T
« on: June 09, 2019, 09:56:23 PM »
Couldn't find a review of the newer Malkoff head (E2HT "Hyper Throw") so I purchased it blindly.
Specs from Malkoffdevices.com

E2HT
Malkoff Devices 2 CR123 Hyper Throw Head to fit Surefire E series lights and Incandescent M600 Scout lights.  The head is constructed of 6061 T6 aluminum and Type III Hard Black Anodized.  This design utilizes a tightly focused TIR Optic for maximum reach. The Lux at 1 meter is approximately 35,000.  It is an outstanding medium to long range spotter.  The output is approximately 500 measured out the front lumens.

This head was designed for rugged service from the ground up.  It is fully potted to stand up to rough service and recoil.  This item is Covered by Our Lifetime Warranty.

The input voltage is 3.4 to 6 volts.  It was designed for use with 2 primary 3v CR123 batteries or a single Li-ion 16650 rechargeable battery.  A single LiFePO4 cell (3.2V) will not give full output   The full output runtime on two CR123 batteries is approximately 15-20 minutes.  The full output runtime on a single 16650 (2500ma cell) is approximately 45-60 minutes.  It will easily illuminate objects at 600+ feet and will blind opponents within a 150 foot radius. The LED is cool white with approximately 5500K CCT.  The exact model of the LED is a trade secret.

E2T

Description

Malkoff Devices 2 CR123 Throw Head to fit Surefire E series lights and Incandescent M600 Scout lights.  The head is constructed of 6061 T6 aluminum and Type III Hard Black Anodized.  This design utilizes a tightly focused TIR Optic for maximum reach. The Lux at 1 meter is approximately 12,000.  It is an outstanding medium to long range spotter.  The output is approximately 450 measured out the front lumens.

This head was designed for rugged service from the ground up.  It is fully potted to stand up to rough service and recoil.  This item is Covered by Our Lifetime Warranty.

The input voltage is 3.4 to 9 volts.  It was designed for use with 2 primary 3v CR123 batteries or a single Li-ion rechargeable battery.  A single LiFePO4 cell (3.2V) will not give full output   The full output runtime on two CR123 batteries is approximately 1.5-2 hrs. It will easily illuminate objects at 450+ feet and will blind opponents within a 150 foot radius. The LED is a Cree XP-L HI.

The pictures exaggerate the hotspot of the Hyper Throw, I was able to light up some trees about 200yrds out with no issue. Both heads are on the cooler side of the spectrum which does wash out the colors more than other brands. The full output runtime on the E2HT is listed at 15 to 20 but I've tested a pair of Duracells already and I think he underestimated the specs
Outdoor 10 yrds.
Indoor    07 yrds.

"Dont forget, incoming fire has the right of way"-Clint Smith?