2018 HHA gunshow 3/17-18 (Read 19988 times)

oldfart

Re: 2018 HHA gunshow 3/17-18
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2018, 10:55:22 AM »
Didn't buy anything this year but dried fruit. Tho I did see a nice antique I might back and get on Sunday...
============
I ate half of that bag of mango you had when you wasn't lookin'
----
In other news, Zip and myself accosted people standing in line to register to vote and/or sign up for the HRA or NRA.
It was fun.
==========
I met a guy that I shot with many years ago.
I had a hard time recognizing him because he was in a wheelchair and had lost both of his legs.
If you were at the show yesterday you will remember him because he had a Genuine service dog from "Hawaii Fi-Do"
His service dog looked like a giant brown poodle. (his name was UMI)
Anyway, he mentioned something about legislation to prohibit fake service dogs. Those irritate me PLENTY
========
thanks for the air rifle donation mr changeoil
I was looking at the pictures on their display board and I told them, "you know, I was one of those kids 45 years ago".
And also my son was one of those kids just 5 years ago. They didn't have to twist my arm to throw money in the pot.
============
I think a story about the gun show will run tonight on HNN if there is time available.
If they do run it, it should be favorable because I gave them home-made cookies that one of the guys baked. :rofl: :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

oldfart

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2018, 01:00:25 PM »
The air rifle goal is almost met. They need another 350.
What, Me Worry?

ren

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2018, 01:08:03 PM »

==========
I met a guy that I shot with many years ago.
I had a hard time recognizing him because he was in a wheelchair and had lost both of his legs.
If you were at the show yesterday you will remember him because he had a Genuine service dog from "Hawaii Fi-Do"
His service dog looked like a giant brown poodle. (his name was UMI)
Anyway, he mentioned something about legislation to prohibit fake service dogs. Those irritate me PLENTY
========

Was it a Labradoodle?
I despise those fake service animals, sometimes accompanied by fake people with Handicap placards. I guess I was raised differently - try and be self-reliant as much as possible and be grateful for any help given your way.
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2018, 01:16:10 PM »
Went this morning and walked around with my dad for about an hour. Stopped by to chat with the HRA folks and talked Story little while with Mac. Was good to see it pretty busy with lots of people shopping and buying. Chatted with the SEC and HGS guys.

Saw lots of interesting things, especially custom knives.

K30l4

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2018, 01:20:36 PM »
What time does the show end?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ren

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2018, 02:51:48 PM »
5pm
Deeds Not Words

rklapp

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2018, 03:55:25 PM »
Went this morning and walked around with my dad for about an hour. Stopped by to chat with the HRA folks and talked Story little while with Mac. Was good to see it pretty busy with lots of people shopping and buying. Chatted with the SEC and HGS guys.

Saw lots of interesting things, especially custom knives.
I was surprised how busy it was. Usually it's dead by Sunday noon. Perhaps it's from all of the legislation concerns.

I bought two bricks of 22lr and a bag of corn husks. Also can't wait to try out Bushido's ammo. He promised me that I'll hit sub-moa if I point the rifle in the general direction of the target. (just kidding Devin)

No, Kelly Clarkson!!!
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

Inspector

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2018, 04:44:18 PM »
I was surprised how busy it was. Usually it's dead by Sunday noon. Perhaps it's from all of the legislation concerns.

I bought two bricks of 22lr and a bag of corn husks. Also can't wait to try out Bushido's ammo. He promised me that I'll hit sub-moa if I point the rifle in the general direction of the target. (just kidding Devin)

No, Kelly Clarkson!!!
If I want to hit sub MOA I just put a lead magnet behind my target.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

rklapp

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2018, 04:48:19 PM »
This guy was walking around shaking hands. He's trying out for Lt. Governor.

https://votejeremylow.com/issues

oldfart

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2018, 05:18:27 PM »

Hmmmm....NRA life member

Anybody know him personally?
What, Me Worry?

ren

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2018, 05:24:28 PM »

Based on his education and experience, I'd vote for him - but to win you have to be a Smurf in this State. Any other color and you are Gargamel no matter what they say about bipartinship.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 05:31:51 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

zippz

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2018, 05:45:25 PM »
The air rifle goal is almost met. They need another 350.

I crossed out another target today.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

macsak

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2018, 05:54:40 PM »

No, Kelly Clarkson!!!

KELLY CLARKSON!!!

heads
clips
lube

macsak

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2018, 07:43:14 PM »
KELLY CLARKSON!!!

heads
clips
lube

I had 2 Japanese knives sharpened for CHEAP by the guy in the back by the snack bar
one was probably 100 years old an rusty, and now it is usable
had a dull and slightly stained sashimi knife that is sharp and looks okay now

macsak

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2018, 07:43:37 PM »
I had 2 Japanese knives sharpened for CHEAP by the guy in the back by the snack bar
one was probably 100 years old an rusty, and now it is usable
had a dull and slightly stained sashimi knife that is sharp and looks okay now

I think I saw gongho...

macsak

oldfart

What, Me Worry?

oldfart

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2018, 07:39:00 AM »
Was it a Labradoodle?
I despise those fake service animals, sometimes accompanied by fake people with Handicap placards. I guess I was raised differently - try and be self-reliant as much as possible and be grateful for any help given your way.
Yes, I think it was a labradoodle...such a cool dog.
What, Me Worry?

rklapp

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2018, 08:42:29 AM »
Speaking of news coverage, I was checking out an OHA article and noticed 2ahawaii linked on the right. Interesting...

http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/ArticlesMain/tabid/56/ID/21330/OHA-Trustees-to-Discuss-Firing-Crabbe.aspx

oldfart

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2018, 09:00:55 AM »
Was it a Labradoodle?
==========
This is my friend Pat and Mr. Umi

What, Me Worry?