Congress get Obamacare exemption (Read 4492 times)

1422LR

Congress get Obamacare exemption
« on: August 02, 2013, 08:04:20 AM »
 ??? I thought this was a good thing?  That's what Obama said, and Nancy, and the unions, and the dcrats.

Get your "situational awareness" instincts to kick in.  You just got kicked in your rear. Again.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/congress-to-get-obamacare-exemption-report-2013-08-02?dist=tcountdown

Congress to get Obamacare exemption: report

LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- The White House has approved a deal that will exempt members of Congress and their staff from some of the provisions of the Affordable Care Act, Politico reported late Thursday.

1422LR

Re: Congress get Obamacare exemption
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 08:48:03 AM »
Sorry for the wrong placement, brain freeze.

1422LR

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 10:38:49 AM »
see video @ link (1:14)min.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/andrew-lautz/2013/08/02/shocking-msnbc-panel-agrees-congressional-exemption-high-obamacare-pre

Shocking! MSNBC Panel Agrees Congressional Exemption from High ObamaCare Premiums 'Crazy'

After co-host Mika Brzezinski reported the latest development in ObamaCare’s rocky implementation, Scarborough burst out in laughter:
Hold on, hold on. Members of Congress, Harold [Ford, Jr.], were furious that they were going to be held to the same law that they passed, right?

SCARBOROUGH: You mean we're going to have to live by the laws that we passed on the American people?

BARNICLE: We're going to have to worry about the same things that our constituents are forced to worry about? Please!

moosed

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Well, I'm all broken up over that man's rights!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 11:20:14 AM »
Why does this shock anyone?  The Republicans accused the Democrats of exempting themselves BEFORE the bill passed.  The Democrats specifically amended the bill to include Congress, thereby disarming the Repubs of that challenge.

Since then, Harry Reid has submitted a couple of bills to amend the law and exempt Congress from AHCA.

Lying, two-faced, money-grabbing politicians ...

And those are their GOOD POINTS!!   :wtf:
When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state".

dirtylickins

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 12:55:27 PM »
These mutha fu... bitc..ass mutha fuks.... as usual what am i shocked about???? Sorry i already knew this

kevlar

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 01:05:48 PM »
And all the people that voted for Obama are getting their just desserts. Of course, those that didn't are getting screwed, too. The elitist -  laws are for you and not for us - double standard is what you get when you vote into office political demagogues and radicals like Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, etc.. The Democrats are responsible for this monstrosity called Obamacare, and when all of our insurance premiums begin to skyrocket (some already have), and you lose your employer provided plan, or have your hours cut so they aren't legally obligated to provide you with health insurance, you can thank all the Democrats in the House and Senate that forced this down the throats of the American people. You can thank Obama for signing it into law, and you can thank yourself (Democrat voters).

moosed

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Well, I'm all broken up over that man's rights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 02:18:55 PM »
 :wacko:
When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state".

BUD

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 02:39:10 PM »
:wacko:

that is exactly what I was thinking  ???
It is what it is.

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 07:38:39 PM »
So who's paying the 75% subsidy?

Uh you and me!! Plus we gotta pay our own?
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

Bunker

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 08:02:26 PM »
I believe they may also be exempt from the current sequestration furloughs. If anyone should be subject to a mandatory 20% pay cut like the majority of federal employees, it's those idiots.